Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Autumn Harvest - September Doll Quilt Swap Sign Up Closes August 31st Noon EST

Blog Entries
    Well I was cleaning up my sewing room today and came across some triangle pieces in autumn-ish colors! So my partner is getting a scrappy fall quilt this time. I hope she likes it. I hope she is doing ok as she is in Louisana and I haven't heard from her yet. Hopefully she is just enjoying a holiday weekend.
    Lisa B in NC
    Quilting is my Happy Thought!
    http://www.quiltingkrazy.blogspot.com

We stay close to home on most holidays, so had time to work on my dq which is close to being completed. I pm'd my partner including my address. Hope to hear from her soon. Love working with fall colors.

Yoohoo Nancy.... Do you like chickadees? (Who doesn't?) Thought i would ask though.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BuzzinBumble View Post
    Yoohoo Nancy.... Do you like chickadees? (Who doesn't?) Thought i would ask though.
    Is that like Peeps?
    Krystyna
    Feel the fear and do it anyway!

LOL Well they certainly make them (peeping sounds) , but no I meant the song birds Krystyna. I am putting together an autumn design and was thinking about using a chickadee.

I really love all birds and yes, chickadees are a favorite! I have my plan all ready to go and aim to start today! There is a cocky little creature in my quilt, too!! -I have an idea he might wake you up for coffee every morning!
    jillnjo

Hmmmmmmm... I am puzzled and intrigued and excited all at the same time! (Need a better assortment of smilies here) The mysterious clues are fun!

QUILTYMOM, just mailed your DQ off today!
    Teresa
    "I collect wind chimes."

Blog Entries
    I'm back from a quick weekend trip to see the grandkids and have pm'd my partner...hope to hear from her soon so I can get started on my DQ...lots of fun things rolling around in my head... Love the fall!!
    Ronda

Blog Entries
    Have been back and forth PMing with my partner for this month. Gonna be a good one!! Can't even think about mine for a day or 4. Finished the "move out" on Sunday, took Monday as a day of rest. Back to the grind today. Busy busy busy today and tomorrow cause out of town I go on Thursday (working) and won't be back til Sunday. My DH might be right, "what are you thinkin? just WHEN are you gonna do that?" He has no idea. This is what keeps me sane during the insanity. Lovin all the hints and stuff. Soon as I know what I am doing I'll send off some hints. To those of you finished already. There is a raspberry on the end of that tongue. LOL
    Onalee Rose
    "There comes a time in your life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad, and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living."

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by buslady View Post
    To those of you finished already. There is a raspberry on the end of that tongue. LOL
    I always wondered how you would spell that ... BLRRRPPPT?
    Krystyna

My teenage niece does ppfffftt for raspberries but I like Krystyna's better.
    Paula
    Life is what happens to us while we are making other plans.

Blog Entries
    LOL, both are good! I am ahead only because I was in a crazy hurry to make it when I heard the theme, and I love fall, my stash can prove it! But when it comes to other things in my life that I really should be doing, well they are not as fun and I am bad, I did fun first~ I know I will pay, but isn't doing something you love to do so much nicer than doing what you don't like??? hehe Now that I have you all bought into my insanity, I can get back to another fun project! (Till hubby asks where I am at on his project!

Back to sewing, and catching up on the mundane!
    Give a smile away today, someone you meet might need one!

My partner this month is Brandy and we have PMed each other. I have my DQ pieced, just needs quilting.
    QB Albums: Lynnie25's Quilts; Selvedge Quilts; Lyn's Dolls Quilt Swap Quilts

OK, gals-today I am off to work on my Sept. quilt for BuzzinBumble! I am designing it myself and each row comes with a prayer that it will fit. I have had row quilts and medallion quilts on the brain the last few weeks and I'm going to try my hand at a miniature one! -it is a mystery even to me!
    jillnjo

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jillnjo View Post
    OK, gals-today I am off to work on my Sept. quilt for BuzzinBumble! I am designing it myself and each row comes with a prayer that it will fit. I have had row quilts and medallion quilts on the brain the last few weeks and I'm going to try my hand at a miniature one! -it is a mystery even to me!
    I can't wait to see it! I am having DQ withdrawal. However I am using up all my solids on an Amish tumbler. I might try to make it reversible. But how to quilt it?
    Krystyna

Oh that sounds so wonderful jillnjo! Love your thoughts on this & sure can use the prayers! It grows more mysterious each time you drop a hint...LOL

Krystyna I have always wondered how someone would quilt a reversible quilt.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BuzzinBumble View Post
    Krystyna I have always wondered how someone would quilt a reversible quilt.
    Me too! I guess I'll find out.
    Krystyna

Blog Entries
    Skaduzy was so quilt to PM about my DQ that I nearly fell out of my chair wondering where am I. Check out the ufo thread, you know where I have been. My fingers are sore from binding. Learning lots though and doing it much better after ripping two of them.
    I am finishing up my last months, yep I am late to tammyb, but she knows and this one will get done cause on my UFO list this month a fall project. Yep, that was easy. off to finish up work and then doing some mroe bindings.
    Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

Blog Entries
    MistyMarie and I have pm'd each other and will get crackin on our DQ's! We both love fall so that makes this DQswap month easy, peasy!
    Ronda

Blog Entries
    OK, Wanda Lou it is in the mail! It was supposed to go out yesterday but hubby forgot to go to PO. But today I walked a hand full of squishes to the PO.

I can't even get too mad at him he is making brownies and the smell is so wonderful! He is making gluten free brownies, yum... I am going to work on his projects now! Mending! UGH, but I have to do what I have to do ... Love those brownies~ and of course it is a rainy drizzly kind of day here, perfect for baking!

happy sewing
    Give a smile away today, someone you meet might need one!

Senior Member Crazy Quiltin Robin's Avatar
    Well girls I havent started my little quilt .... today was the sign in day for the county fair .... had to get my two quilts signed in and helped the quilt girls I love and quilt with weekly put their first time ever quilts in the fair ...boy I hope they get ribbons ..... I have a stack for my quilts and photos but they have none .... I so want them to do good so they will be encouraged to do more and better ..... gosh I love the county fair .... so Sat or Sunday I will start on my little quilt .... have the fabric picked and the pattern decided .... gosh I love this swap .... I need to make some doll quilts for next years fair and keep them ....lol..... I give everything I make away ... well I did keep the two I put in one was a king size I made on a bet that I could make a quilt top in a day and the other is one I made for the back seat of hubbys truck to carry the papillions around on lol ..... have a good night CQRobin
    Crazy Quiltin Robin

Quote Originally Posted by JenniePenny View Post
    Sounds perfect to me!
    Quilty-Louise, you won't be disappointed. JenniePenny and I swapped last month in a mini swap and she was wonderful and made me a great little quilt!

Hey, just got back from a long weekend! Going to check out my partner, Nana Val. Can't wait!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Quiltin Robin View Post
    Well girls I havent started my little quilt .... today was the sign in day for the county fair .... had to get my two quilts signed in and helped the quilt girls I love and quilt with weekly put their first time ever quilts in the fair ...boy I hope they get ribbons ..... I have a stack for my quilts and photos but they have none .... I so want them to do good so they will be encouraged to do more and better ..... gosh I love the county fair .... so Sat or Sunday I will start on my little quilt .... have the fabric picked and the pattern decided .... gosh I love this swap .... I need to make some doll quilts for next years fair and keep them ....lol..... I give everything I make away ... well I did keep the two I put in one was a king size I made on a bet that I could make a quilt top in a day and the other is one I made for the back seat of hubbys truck to carry the papillions around on lol ..... have a good night CQRobin
    CQR - how exciting! I sure hope that everyone wins. Promise you'll post some pix please?
    Krystyna

Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 16 ... LastLast