Azaleas – 2 month Boom Group Thread

Azaleas – 2 month Boom Group Thread

Old 02-12-2022, 08:37 AM

GramE, your handwork is beautiful!
Originally Posted by GramE View Post
This one is for Libster.
Old 02-12-2022, 09:55 AM

Default Hen for Anna quilts

Hi all, I hat to make a love hen for the love rooster, she is on her pretty little plaid eggs. Hugs!
Attached Thumbnails 42c44a1f-a1fe-44f0-a617-3d7c3b6654fd.jpeg  
Old 02-12-2022, 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by GramE View Post
This one is for Libster.

GramE- Oh my gosh! I love, love, love this block! It just became the center of my quilt. I can't imagine doing something that perfect by hand. Thank you so much for sharing your special talent with me.
Old 02-12-2022, 11:03 AM

After GramE's perfect block, I'm almost hesitant to show this one for Sewbizgirl. I do think it turned out okay for being another "new-to-me" block. I hope it works for you, Bonnie.
Attached Thumbnails 100_0156-3-.jpg  
Old 02-12-2022, 11:05 AM

Default Revised wreath for Terriamn

Hi all, I revised the wreath block to lose the candles as too Christmas and made it into a door wreath with pine cones. Sorry Janice, I saw the other blocks and thought this would look better :-) hugs!
Attached Thumbnails 4bdb6aa7-37d7-4081-91a5-5e1d5e818aa0.jpeg  
Old 02-12-2022, 12:57 PM

Smile

Originally Posted by Libster View Post
After GramE's perfect block, I'm almost hesitant to show this one for Sewbizgirl. I do think it turned out okay for being another "new-to-me" block. I hope it works for you, Bonnie.
Libster, You do realize that the cutting and sewing lines are printed on the fabric through my printer, so it’s like coloring inside the lines. Inklingo gets the credit for making the blocks look great! The only freelancing I had to do on this one was make the borders because the stars are only 9 1/2”. But when I went back to previous booms, I saw the 1/2” border and loved how it framed the stars. And it took pretty much all your fabric, if I was living under any delusions that I’d have some left over if I needed it for the second one. I’m glad you like it.
Old 02-12-2022, 01:13 PM
Power Poster

I love my block, Libster! It's two blocks in one! Rolling Stone and Sawtooth Star... Beautifully done! Thank you much.

Love the star GramE made for Libster, too. Such perfection in a very hard block.

Reba, your applique talent is amazing. Love the hen on her nest and the wreath revision.

All the block making is going so well! I love this swap.
Old 02-12-2022, 01:50 PM

Okay, RebaQuilts, I've got your first one done. I hope it's something you can use in your quilt. It's not appliqued by hand, but I sure had a fun afternoon making it.

Edited to say: That speck on the upper right was a piece of lint that I missed when I did the picture. I took the block back out of the package and checked it to make sure. All is well. Whew!!!!
Attached Thumbnails 100_0161-2-.jpg  

Last edited by Libster; 02-12-2022 at 01:53 PM.
Old 02-12-2022, 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by Libster View Post
I hope it's something you can use in your quilt. It's not appliqued by hand, but I sure had a fun afternoon making it. Whew!!!!
Looks sew pretty!!! Thanks Libster!!! Yes it will be used for sure. I rarely appliqué by hand, the eyes just aren’t as good as they used to be. So yes, love it.

Here is my second one for Sewbiz, it’s a Dahlia Star, but I added a vintage button to compliment the center and make it even more ladylike. I didn’t hand appliqué the center but it is turned under so it will be stable with the extra fabric for the flower petals. I plan on doing at least one more tonight, I have an idea for my next skull so I’m going to try to tackle it. We have lousy weather here today so it is definitely a stay home and sew day. Hugs all!
Attached Thumbnails f853b900-05a9-4bb5-bb7a-a03cfdf4ecb3.jpeg  
Old 02-12-2022, 02:57 PM

RebaQuilts, here's your second one from me. That fabric is so pretty.
Attached Thumbnails 100_0164-2-.jpg