Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Batik Block Swap-Sign ups close June 30, 2010 >

Batik Block Swap-Sign ups close June 30, 2010

Batik Block Swap-Sign ups close June 30, 2010

Old 07-23-2010, 10:11 AM

UPDATE:

I am at the end of the production line of sorting blocks. Approximately 1/3 of them went into this morning's mail.

I have discovered that, although I have double and triple counted as I've assembled them, I am still a few blocks short. I am taking responsibility for the miscount because I did not count the contents of each package on arrival. So, when I get home from teaching my class tonight, I will make a few more blocks to add to the mix and all will be well in the world again.

Most of the rest of the envelopes will be released into the wild tomorrow morning so that your babies can fly away home. Those with special postal requirements (anything that requires me to go through the postal line) will probably not be mailed until Monday.

When you receive your blocks, please check the count. If you have too many, please keep the extras, as I have replaced them. If you are short, please let me know and I will furnish you a replacement. If you have any other issues, please contact me.
Old 07-23-2010, 04:09 PM

Location: Muscatine, Iowa by way of West Virginia, Washington State, and Montana

Originally Posted by Dagny
UPDATE:

I am at the end of the production line of sorting blocks. Approximately 1/3 of them went into this morning's mail.

I have discovered that, although I have double and triple counted as I've assembled them, I am still a few blocks short. I am taking responsibility for the miscount because I did not count the contents of each package on arrival. So, when I get home from teaching my class tonight, I will make a few more blocks to add to the mix and all will be well in the world again.

Most of the rest of the envelopes will be released into the wild tomorrow morning so that your babies can fly away home. Those with special postal requirements (anything that requires me to go through the postal line) will probably not be mailed until Monday.

When you receive your blocks, please check the count. If you have too many, please keep the extras, as I have replaced them. If you are short, please let me know and I will furnish you a replacement. If you have any other issues, please contact me.
Dagny, please don't go to the trouble of making extras. You can take what you need from mine. I don't mind at all. You have already done a wonderful service for us and you have done it very well. Handling the number of blocks that you have had, I think it is pretty remarkable that you are only off by a few. I have leftover batiks and can add some blocks when I am ready to make my quilt. I am happy to donate however many you need to finish up. :-)
Old 07-23-2010, 05:30 PM

Thank you sincerely for your offer, Brenda, but it's really under control. I'm just about done and the mail will go out as scheduled.

I wouldn't have even mentioned making the extra blocks, except some might wonder about the mystery block.
Old 07-23-2010, 05:31 PM

And one other thing, I'm not in danger of running out of batiks any time soon!!
Old 07-23-2010, 05:55 PM

Location: Muscatine, Iowa by way of West Virginia, Washington State, and Montana

Ok, Dagny. :-)
Old 07-23-2010, 09:57 PM

Thank you so much Dagny for taking this batik swap on. I can only imagine how much work it is. I can't wait to get my blocks; the ones that have been shown all along are so beautiful. I think it would be great if people would take a picture of their finished quilts and put them on the thread. I would love to see them.

Katie Ann
Old 07-24-2010, 05:53 AM

All blocks are now in the mail, except the one going to Canada, and that one will leave Monday.

Kay G, if you would like to PM me, I'll give you your delivery confirmation number. Sorry, I forgot to record your screen name before mailing.

You may now go out and sit on your front step waiting for the mailman now.
Old 07-24-2010, 06:11 AM

There will be a lot of anxious people awaiting their mailman next week, me being one of the most excited. This is my very first swap and the blocks I've seen couldn't be more beautiful. I can't hardly wait to see what I get back.
Old 07-24-2010, 06:23 AM

Three Cheers for Dagny!!!!!
Thanks so much for making this so much fun for all of us.
Old 07-24-2010, 06:23 AM

Thank you Dagny!!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!!!!!!