Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Begonias – 3 month Boom Group Thread >

Begonias – 3 month Boom Group Thread

Begonias – 3 month Boom Group Thread

Old 03-08-2022, 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
I thought y'all might like to see a quilt by Givio that I just finished quilting for her. She wanted this one to go to her son. She consiered it her "crowning achievement" as a quilter. I agree!

Tons of fussy cutting.
Wow!!! That is a fantastic - beautiful - amazing - awesome quilt. Thank you so much for posting.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.

Last edited by OurWorkbench; 03-08-2022 at 08:45 PM.
Old 03-08-2022, 08:40 PM
Power Poster

Thanks. I loved her bunches.
Old 03-09-2022, 05:58 AM

SBG, this is so beautiful. Your quilting is lovely. Her son will love it. Thank you for sharing pix of Givio's work.
Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
I thought y'all might like to see a quilt by Givio that I just finished quilting for her. She wanted this one to go to her son. She consiered it her "crowning achievement" as a quilter. I agree!

Tons of fussy cutting.
Old 03-09-2022, 06:46 AM

Sewbiz, the quilt is awesome, you are a wonderful friend. Her son will treasure the quilt
Old 03-09-2022, 07:42 AM

Givio's quilt is a work art and your quilting is the perfect finishing touch, Sewbizgirl. Her son will treasure it.​​​​​​
Old 03-09-2022, 08:44 AM

SBG, what a beautiful quilt that you quilted for Givio's son. I'm sure he will appreciate all the work that you put into it to enhance his mom's work.
I have a few pictures to show. The first one is Bibliostone, the second is for Macybaby and the last one is for Sewbizgirl. I've been having problems with my phone camera so the colors my not be true. I also need to trim all the strings that I noticed in the pictures. Sorry!
Attached Thumbnails bibliostone.jpg   macybaby.jpg   sewbizgirl.jpg  
Old 03-09-2022, 09:13 AM
Power Poster

Klaws, thank you for my pretty star block. I love it!

I also want to thank everyone for the kind words about Givio’s quilt. She did beautiful work and had a real talent for selecting fabrics and for fussy cutting. She worked full time right up until the last couple of weeks before she died, when she needed oxygen and lung drains. But she was planning on retirement before that, with loads of time to quilt and finish all of her beautiful work. She never got that lovely retirement she dreamed of. I know that Heaven is better than any of that tho, and take comfort in knowing she’s there. Yes, handling her work and finishing her quilts has helped me so much in grieving the loss of my best buddy. My quilting is nothing fancy, but I’m happy to use it to finish my friend’s work.
Old 03-09-2022, 11:19 AM
Power Poster

Beautiful and well said sewbizgirl. I feel so sad about the many quilters that have passed away. I am glad you are completing her quilts for her family. Hugs
Old 03-09-2022, 12:13 PM

Klaws, the colors look pretty good on my laptop. I'm a big star fan so they get my attention. Nice work on all three.
Originally Posted by klaws View Post
...I have a few pictures to show. The first one is Bibliostone, the second is for Macybaby and the last one is for Sewbizgirl. I've been having problems with my phone camera so the colors my not be true. I also need to trim all the strings that I noticed in the pictures. Sorry!
Old 03-09-2022, 01:05 PM

Klaws very nice blocks. The colors look good to me.