Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Begonias – 3 month Boom Group Thread >

Begonias – 3 month Boom Group Thread

Begonias – 3 month Boom Group Thread

Old 01-17-2022, 12:48 PM

I have my package already to mail. It is a prepaid envelope so I can give it to my mail carrier in a day or two. We have about 10-12 inches of snow right now. I know mail delivery will take some time. All of you who are experiencing a lot of snow, just stay inside, stay warm and sew.....
Old 01-17-2022, 01:22 PM

Klaws, hope you are staying warm and sewing too! We got over 12 inches and there’s been no melt yet. It’ll be here for a while but the path to the mailbox is clear so ship when you are ready.
Old 01-17-2022, 01:28 PM

Hello ladies. I'm excited to start.
Old 01-17-2022, 01:33 PM

Klaws, I'm listening to you! Only time I went out today was to feed the cat and clean the ice and snow off my car. I've cut and made more of my blocks today. In my sewing room is the warmest place I've been today.
Attached Thumbnails 100_0055-2-.jpg   100_0057-2-.jpg  
Old 01-17-2022, 02:51 PM

I’m so happy to hear that! It’s been 6 months or more since we had this swap and I think everyone is ready to get started. I’m still debating joining too. I did some stash diving and came up with a couple of good candidates for F8s but I also found more unfinished pieces. Uggg.

Let’s everyone do a brief intro for Petthefabric. I’ll start. I’ve been running this swap since 2013, Boom 11. I’m married with a wonderful DH, a cat and a pitbull. I have two adult sons, one of whom lives only 15 miles away with his family. We’re expecting a second grandbaby in April. Lucky us. I’ve been quilting about 20 years. I’m pretty traditional in my quilting so my current project is out of the box for me. It’s my avatar and I hope to finish in a few days. I enjoy hosting swaps and bringing people with common interests together. That’s me in a nutshell. Next anyone?

Dh is grilling in the snow. Roflol.
Originally Posted by petthefabric View Post
Hello ladies. I'm excited to start.
Old 01-17-2022, 04:25 PM

Hi, Petthefabric. I'm a widow with three children, six grandchildren and 5 great-grandchildren. Life just gets gooder and gooder with the great-grands! I have been quilting for over 30 years now and I absolutely love block swaps and meeting new friends. My Gramma taught me to sew on her Singer treadle when I was 12 years old. I haven't slowed down yet.
If you have any questions about the Boom Swap, just ask. There's always someone to answer for you. Welcome to our fun world here on the Boom!
Old 01-17-2022, 10:31 PM

Thank you ladies. This helps me feel welcome.

At 9 y/o I sewed Barbie Doll cloths. I'm married. We have 1 daughter who moved to Florida. We're working on moving, timing unknown. She has no children

The swaps etc. are very interesting. I like the people interaction. The sewing challenges me to think on something not my style-stretches me.
Old 01-17-2022, 11:55 PM
Power Poster

Hello Pet,
I've been doing these swaps for a while... since Boom 17, I think. It's always fun. If you read a past swap thread you will get the gist.
I'm married and have 3 grown kids... a daughter and two sons. One son has given us 2 grandkids and my daughter has given us one granddaughter. Love those grandbabies! The girls are both nearly 3 and GS is 10 months old. I quilt less now and make lots of pretty clothes for the kids. When I get my swap F8s I will switch over to block making til I'm done!
I know you'll have a blast with us. Welcome!
Old 01-18-2022, 06:11 AM

Hello Pet, I have been doing the booms since B4 Janice took over and love making the blocks and making wonderful friends I am married, have 4 adult children living in 4 different states and we have 5 grandchildren, so far no great grandchildren. After 47 years of living in my house in the city we sold it last summer and moved to a small town 90 miles west of the city. The year b4 we became winter Texans and are living the good life.
Old 01-18-2022, 07:07 AM

Janice, I have my package all sealed up and ready to mail, but I don't think I'll be able to get down to the post office until a bit later in the week. My DH has a really bad back and is taking the family minivan to work because the seats are better for his posture. (He has to drive an hour each way for work.) I guess I could borrow his sports car, but I would have to illegally load all the kids in. 😁 Unfortunately our truck needs a new fuse, a $20 part, but until then it's unreliable to get me from point A to point B. I did tell Hubby I will need the minivan for one day to get to the post office, so he is aware.

A little about me. I was born and raised in New Zealand, but moved over to America with my family eleven years ago. I married my best friend about seven years ago and now I am a stay at home, homeschooling mom of four girls. Our oldest daughter will six in March and our youngest will be one in February. I enjoy swapping fabrics and blocks and this will be my second BOOM swap.