Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Begonias – 3 month Boom Group Thread >

Begonias – 3 month Boom Group Thread

Begonias – 3 month Boom Group Thread

Old 01-29-2022, 04:35 PM
Power Poster

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by mjpEncinitas View Post
Every time we pull into a camping spot or a well known boondocking spot I’m always a little envious of those beautiful big RVs I see. We travel in our kluged up 1999 ‘ Econoline ‘van. My husband built it out with a little help from me. It has a chest refrigerator/freezer powered by solar, a potty I only use at night for #1. A full size futon bed and room for hand sewing , not a sewing machine. It does carry our bikes and inflatable kayak. It’s just fine for us but when it’s cold or I’m missing my sewing machine I look longingly at those big RVs. If it’s raining we just go somewhere else.

Been there done that, tent camping, car camping and van camping in an old Chevy van. Twenty-five is pretty small but I call ours the traveling money pit. We are building and changing things to make it so we can boondock. It also seems there is always stuff that needs to be fixed. Thankfully hubby is pretty handy. Once we figure out the retire thing, he will be 65 soon, we hope to do some more traveling.
Old 01-29-2022, 04:45 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
Anna, your RV looks like a size I could actually drive... ha. I'm sure you have lots of fun in it.

Somebody please explain what 'boondocking' is... is it the same as primitive camping, no hookups?
I can drive it as it is build on a Sprinter van, think Amazon delivery van, but it is still allot to drive. The nice part, the van can be backed into a regular parking slot if there is a grassy area behind it. Yes, in boondocking you have no electric, water or septic hook up. It can be very inexpensive to park and sleep places but it is very restrictive on water use, electricity and no AC. It provides an opportunity for many people to be able to see the US on a budget once you figure out your vehicle/camping set up. A lot of full timers out there. Camping fees are generally less expensive for seniors and or Access, disabled. There are many people out there, especially retired.
Old 01-29-2022, 05:13 PM

here is a picture of the completed floppy - joining the boom sure got me motivated to get some blocks assembled.

Attached Thumbnails imgp5512.jpg   imgp5513.jpg  
Old 01-30-2022, 05:20 AM

Good morning, Begonias. It’s a brisk 13 degrees here in WNC. Brrrr.

Since the final package hasn’t been scanned in 8 days, it’s obviously stuck in transit. I’m going to give it a week to get unstuck so I’m pushing shipping back to next Monday, 2/7. I will extend the deadlines for blocks to accommodate the change. Thanks for understanding!
Old 01-30-2022, 05:27 AM

Macybaby your flimsy turned out fantastic, love the setting you chose.
Old 01-30-2022, 05:30 AM

Macybaby, another wonderful setting!
Old 01-30-2022, 08:56 AM

I have a block to add. This is made out of my Boom Fabric
Attached Thumbnails block-one.jpg  
Old 01-30-2022, 09:28 AM
Power Poster

The perfect red, Lstew!

I got up late (because I stayed up way late last night) and it's now 55 degrees. We are supposed to get up to 66 this afternoon. Woo hoo... heat wave!
Yesterday was pretty too so hubby and I took a walk out in the 'back 40', which is all wooded, but with walking paths he made years ago with his dozer. On the way back we were on the hilly side so we climbed nearly straight up and then down 3 huge hills. My calves and quads are screaming today, but it was worth it. So pretty out in the woods. The dog was so happy to be running through the woods.
Old 01-30-2022, 09:30 AM

Janice; some things are out of our control. I can adapt. My medicine isn't here yet. Not yet a crisis.
Old 01-30-2022, 10:06 AM

Gee, I missed this tumbler top. Love it, SBG.
Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
I...This is a scrappy tumbler top I just put together from leftover tumblers from several quilts. A little bit of anything and everything... I'm having a hard time finding the right border fabric for it, tho.