Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Begonias – 3 month Boom Group Thread >

Begonias – 3 month Boom Group Thread

Begonias – 3 month Boom Group Thread

Old 03-25-2022, 06:41 AM

MJ, great block and what great memories you are making

NZ love both your blocks, I don’t think I have seen either of them b4.

I have a couple blocks left, one is cut out and ready to sew. Need to finish up quickly so I can clean up my kitchen where I have my cutting station.
Old 03-25-2022, 09:49 AM
Power Poster

"Whitaker learns about Cake"
My grandson had his first birthday this week! How time flew!
Attached Thumbnails img_1972.jpg  
Old 03-25-2022, 09:55 AM
Power Poster

NZ, please show us the sailor dresses when you get them done! I love sewing children's clothes. I've made a bunch lately because all three grandkids have their birthdays this Spring. Ivy's is in one week from today... the last Spring birthday. These are some things I made for her. I plan to do another dress too, if I have time. Gotta get up to Memphis for her BD. (Sorry these aren't blocks, ladies.)
Attached Thumbnails img_1968.jpg   img_1969.jpg  
Old 03-25-2022, 10:27 AM

Aww, your grandson is adorable, Sewbizgirl! Boys and cake are like magic... The messier the better to them! He looks like he is doing so much better than my daughter did with her first birthday cake a couple of weeks ago! She got her hands full of icing and then was clueless as to why her hands were stuck together! She didn't even try a bite!

I admire your little cuffs and collar on the baby shirt too! I struggle with cuffs and collars and have never attempted anything so small!
Attached Thumbnails img_20220225_185312630.jpg   img_20220225_184744452.jpg  

Last edited by NZquilter; 03-25-2022 at 10:40 AM.
Old 03-25-2022, 11:20 AM

Sewbiz, your grandson is absolutely precious! Love the shirt and dress too.
Old 03-25-2022, 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by NZquilter View Post
Aww, your grandson is adorable, Sewbizgirl! Boys and cake are like magic... The messier the better to them! He looks like he is doing so much better than my daughter did with her first birthday cake a couple of weeks ago! She got her hands full of icing and then was clueless as to why her hands were stuck together! She didn't even try a bite!

I admire your little cuffs and collar on the baby shirt too! I struggle with cuffs and collars and have never attempted anything so small!

What a gorgeous little girl! She'll figure the cake thing out as soon as she gets a taste for the first time. No stopping here then!
Old 03-25-2022, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by NZquilter View Post

What a gorgeous little girl! She'll figure the cake thing out as soon as she gets a taste for the first time. No stopping her then!
Old 03-25-2022, 11:24 AM
Power Poster

She is beautiful, NZ! And she knows cake is really for smashing.

Wish we could sew together. I could show you how simple the collar and cuffs are. The pattern I used had a great neckband and collar. Everything went together fine. The cuffs were not to my liking, however, so I changed them to the way I like to make them.

I had a lot of practice making shirts like that for my husband (tho he never got a Winnie the Pooh) and for my two boys. They all have the same exact construction, just different size.

Last edited by sewbizgirl; 03-25-2022 at 11:27 AM.
Old 03-25-2022, 11:32 AM
Power Poster

Libster, thank you!
Old 03-25-2022, 01:26 PM

Aren’t we lucky to have such beautiful babies! Here are my two. They are coming up on a year but they were born 10 weeks early. From ~2 1/2 lbs to ~14 lbs. they’re doing well. The school district sends an occupational therapist every month to make sure they are meeting age adjusted milestones. How great is that? They love to be put in baby size boxes, with their heads and arms sticking out and play bumper cars with their sister.
Attached Thumbnails afe3cd2c-b7f5-4ed3-9110-2446f99bc376.jpeg  

Last edited by mjpEncinitas; 03-25-2022 at 01:28 PM.