Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Begonias – 3 month Boom Group Thread >

Begonias – 3 month Boom Group Thread

Begonias – 3 month Boom Group Thread

Old 03-23-2022, 02:22 PM

One more pinwheel block completed, this pattern was the block of the month at my LQS, then off to a new pattern. I told myself I was going to use all new designs this time - we'll see how that goes!

This one is for NZQuilter

Attached Thumbnails nzquilter.jpg  
Old 03-23-2022, 03:04 PM

Jayne, it’s fun seeing different color ways of a block. I love this one for NZQ. 😀
Originally Posted by JayneW View Post
One more pinwheel block completed, this pattern was the block of the month at my LQS, then off to a new pattern. I told myself I was going to use all new designs this time - we'll see how that goes!

This one is for NZQuilter
Old 03-23-2022, 04:57 PM

Default Hav

My one block today is for Hav. Hope you like it

Sewbiz so glad your finger has healed

todaybwas one of the most stressful ever. Our closing is tomorrow, hubby. Called bank to have money wire transferred from our account. Due to fraud our bank isn’t doing that. We needed to go to a branch office in person. No branch offices in Texas, our customer service rep wouldn’t be in till 1 and VP who has helped us before was in meetings. My calm stoic dh went to pieces and was totally stressed. I had to be the calm person and that’s pretty funny in itself. It took hours, multiple phone calls pleading our case and the VP going the extra mile to help us and at 5 O’clock the wire transfer went through for our 10 AM closing tomorrow
Attached Thumbnails 151b4002-1ee0-46cd-b52b-39adea7f1705.jpeg  
Old 03-23-2022, 07:23 PM
Power Poster

Sounds about right, Terri. But the bottom line is they want the sale and their money, so they end up moving Heaven and earth for you. I'm glad it's going to be over for y'all tomorrow. I about lost my mind buying a house. Everything that could go wrong, did, and then some.

Nice block, btw! As is Jayne's for NZQ.
Old 03-24-2022, 02:37 AM

Thank you for my block, Jayne! I love it!

Terriamn, that sounds like a complete nightmare! I'm glad they made it work at the last minute, but talk about sitting on the wire!

​​​​Here is my block for mjpEncinitas. I hope you like it.
Attached Thumbnails img_20220322_140421044.jpg  
Old 03-24-2022, 03:10 AM

NZQ, neat block for mjp. It’s one I don’t recall seeing before.

Terriamn, as if buying a house isn’t stressful enough! What a miserable day you had but I’m glad it worked out at the end. Things will go well today for the closing. You had your “glitch” already so it’s bound to be a good day.

Old 03-24-2022, 04:16 AM

Originally Posted by NZquilter View Post
Thanks! I'm getting over my fear of curved piecing.

Terriamn, thank you for the lovely pinwheel block!

My hubby surprised me with Quiltmaker's 1,000 Blocks book for my birthday yesterday! I had it sitting in our Amazon wishlist for ages and he went ahead and bought it. It's a treasure trove of ideas! I'll need to join in the next few Booms to play with all the blocks!
I have this book too, I love it, Some of my BOOM blocks have come from this book. I also have the magazines 100 blocks.
Old 03-24-2022, 04:28 AM

Originally Posted by JayneW View Post
Good afternoon my boom friends,

Apologize (again) for my slow responses.... I have to say, I think the blocks this boom are some of the best ever! The creativity is amazing! Thank you to all who have made my blocks - I love them! I'm excited to put together the final projects - these are gifts which are always way more motivating for me to finish than quilts for myself!

The posts about dhs working cracked me up! My first dh was the perfect fixit man, he could do ANYTHING.... unfortunately, not as good in the husband category. Now, the boyfriend is the perfect companion but NOT a fixer at all. I've learned to embrace it and either just write the check or be patient and help him figure it out.

Here are my first two blocks... as always, I'm a bit slow to the party.

First is for LStew and second for MJP.
I'm proud to say my husband is quite handy around the house. He laid down all my hardwood floor in the home and completely redid my upstairs bathroom. Except and this is a big except, he can't do electrical. The first and last attempt had us calling an electrician to completely rewire the kitchen after blowing something in the wall. not fun.

JayneW, I love my block, Thank you

I do have 6 more blocks to do, new pictures will be posted. I know you ladies like new pictures
Old 03-24-2022, 06:03 AM

Two more pictures for today. One for MJP and a second one for Bibliostone. I hope these will work with your quilt. Off to the sewing room for more.

Attached Thumbnails mjp.jpg   bibliostone-2.jpg  
Old 03-24-2022, 06:17 AM

Hi everyone, I have been traveling with DH ( who can fix anything, including roping himself in and trimming 40’ trees) in our van for the last two weeks. We have a week in Omaha with the 4 grands.

i did a lot of cutting while we were traveling mostly at campsites. Sewbiz and Klaws yours were cut one night in a Kansas rest area where we were hunkering down in the heatless van. Fortunately warm under the covers!

in Omaha I have access to my very first sewing machine and put some of them together.

These are from Tula Pinks city blocks. This is a go to block for me when I want to reaLly showcases fabric well. Klaws, sewbiz and Marcialee these blocks are for you, Marcia I usually dread working with pictorial fabric but I loved working with yours. The colors are so rich! And of course I loved the other two fabrics.

Attached Thumbnails a8cd1cde-705b-4148-8e66-c20acd4fdd26.jpeg   1838a18b-351c-4344-9111-7cf2aa29898b.jpeg   78bd6599-d44f-4a9b-82d5-b3f1208ec431.jpeg