Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Begonias – 3 month Boom Group Thread >

Begonias – 3 month Boom Group Thread

Begonias – 3 month Boom Group Thread

Old 03-22-2022, 03:08 PM
Power Poster

Lovely pinwheel blocks Jayne. I've never seen them with the cross in the center. Really cute!

I'm so glad we still have some blocks to see!
Old 03-22-2022, 03:28 PM

Jayne great blocks. Like Sewbiz I have never seen the cross in the middle either.
Old 03-22-2022, 03:32 PM
Power Poster

Terri and Jayne, both have great blocks. I am glad there are still new blocks posted. I really enjoy coming and seeing them. Love everyone's support and encouragement of each other too.
Old 03-22-2022, 04:38 PM

I especially love seeing the pix that pop up now that it’s slowed down. In the beginning I’m consumed by getting pix in the gallery. Now it’s calmer and I can enjoy the blocks more.

Tonight I tore my sewing room apart, stem to stern, looking for my quilting gloves. I think I just figured out that I put them in the box with the quilting machine which I’ve never unpacked since the move. Ugh. I’ll find out tomorrow since I now can’t get to the box until I put everything back! Shaking my head and rolling my eyes!
Old 03-22-2022, 07:35 PM

Oh Janice been there done that, so frustrating.
Old 03-22-2022, 09:22 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Janice McC View Post
Tonight I tore my sewing room apart, stem to stern, looking for my quilting gloves. I think I just figured out that I put them in the box with the quilting machine which I’ve never unpacked since the move. Ugh. I’ll find out tomorrow since I now can’t get to the box until I put everything back! Shaking my head and rolling my eyes!
Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
Oh Janice been there done that, so frustrating.
Oh the joys of moving...

Speaking of gloves, I finally bought some to protect my hand from cuts when rotary cutting. If I have one on the left hand only, I'm good to go. Now if I can just remember to put it on!

The last fingertip I cut off has now completely healed and is invisible. Thanks for rooting for it!
Old 03-23-2022, 06:49 AM

SBG, glad to hear that finger has healed well.

it’s a rainy day here. DH is setting up a tv in my sewing room. Finally will be able to watch - or rather listen to - my favorite movies. Guess I’m overdue to really make that room mine.

Have a good day.
Old 03-23-2022, 07:24 AM

I've got 17 blocks sewn and squared up, hope to have time for pictures this weekend. DH wants to take advantage of the 11% off at the lumber yard, so I've been spending all my "free" time working on estimates for the wood for the kitchen cabinets. I plan on taking Friday off so we can make the trip, and so far it will involve going to at least two stores. Unfortunately one is about an hour north, and the other is an hour east. Or we could go to one that is 2.5 hours north east. DH will check stock on Thursday evening, in case something changes, and we plan on leaving around 6 am to get there close to opening time.

I'm in the process of doing the build drawings for the cabinets, and at least I found all the ones from the last kitchen and I can use them for reference. DH is ready to get started, so plans on cutting and assembling on Saturday and Sunday. Sometimes the only way I'm getting time to sew is by getting up a few hours before he does!

Old 03-23-2022, 09:25 AM
Power Poster

Wow, you are a multi-talented lady, Cathy!

I'm excited about seeing your pictures.
Old 03-23-2022, 12:55 PM

My goodness, Macybaby. Your skills are extensive. Hope you find everything you’ll need Friday. Good luck.