Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Begonias – 3 month Boom Group Thread >

Begonias – 3 month Boom Group Thread

Begonias – 3 month Boom Group Thread

Old 04-05-2022, 08:30 AM

Hello Boomers!

We had a wonderful, crazy spring break trip. 4100 total miles, 10 states and 9 nights in our new camper. It was super busy, I am excited to retire and be able to go at a much slower pace and enjoy stops along the way rather than be on a tight schedule.

I finished a cross stitch that I began in the mid 90's! I need to figure out how to do quilting in the camper (teardrop - super tiny) - all the talk on this board got me thinking! MJP, I'm not sure I have hand sewing in my wheel house - we'll see! Sorry you are sick - get better!

Hav4, super glad your son is doing better!

Old 04-05-2022, 08:38 AM

I've still got the last two blocks to get made. It's ending up taking me almost as long to sew the 18th as it did the 17 before that. It may end up with the record for frog stitching too! I think I've got it all fixed now and am sewing it back together.

the last one is machine embroidery, so that shouldn't be a big deal.

Last weekend DH and I got most of the lower cabinet boxed made, and this weekend I hope we get most of the upper made. It's neat seeing the room finally looking like it's going to be a kitchen!

Old 04-05-2022, 09:07 AM

Good afternoon, Begonias. It’s about to start storming here. Good thing we just finished our dog walk.

Macybaby, some blocks are plain more troublesome than a whole group together. Seems your kitchen plans are coming together.

JayneW, that’s a long trip in 10 days! I’m curious about your XS. Do you still do it regularly? I used to XS as my main hobby but my eyes aren’t up up it these days. I miss it terribly sometimes.

Have a good rest of your day.
Old 04-05-2022, 11:23 AM
Power Poster

You have some time Macy, April just started. Maybe you need a break from that block. I don't know what it is but some blocks just refuse to come together for me. Often it has little to do with complexity.
Old 04-05-2022, 11:35 PM

My daughter is doing well after her ear surgery. These two blocks are for TravelingGramma.
Attached Thumbnails traveling-g1.jpg   traveling-g2.jpg  
Old 04-06-2022, 05:03 AM

Bibliostone, good news about your daughter.

Love the train fabric in your pinwheel block for TG. How did you make the RR crossing sign? Is it embroidered?
Originally Posted by bibliostone View Post
My daughter is doing well after her ear surgery. These two blocks are for TravelingGramma.
Old 04-06-2022, 05:41 AM

Originally Posted by bibliostone View Post
Love these train themed blocks, Biblio! That RxR crossing is impressive.
Old 04-06-2022, 07:09 AM

Jayne sounds like a whirlwind trip, glad you gad a good time.

Macybaby, how frustrating on your 17 th block.

Biblistone love your blocks. I am also curious on how you made the Railroad crossing block

Actual temp here is supposed to be 106, to hot even to go to the pool
Old 04-06-2022, 07:41 AM
Power Poster

Beautiful train themed blocks, B'stone. And glad to hear your daughter is recovering well.

Terri, 106? Gee whiz, it's only April! I'd go jump in the pool and float all day... that is, if the water isn't warm like a bathtub from all that heat.

I'm still plugging away on givio's quilts. Had such tension problems last night that I ended up pulling out the stitching from 2 hours of quilting... UGH. Gotta face that problem and fix it today. This is quilt 5 out of 6. Finishing her quilts has given me much joy, but I'll be ready to get back to my own quilting soon.

Have a wonderful day!
Old 04-06-2022, 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by Janice McC View Post
Bibliostone, good news about your daughter.

Love the train fabric in your pinwheel block for TG. How did you make the RR crossing sign? Is it embroidered?
The yellow circle is an applique on the dotted fabric and the letters and crossing X are machine embroidery. The applique was also done by machine embroidery

Last edited by bibliostone; 04-06-2022 at 09:06 AM.