Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Begonias – 3 month Boom Group Thread >

Begonias – 3 month Boom Group Thread

Begonias – 3 month Boom Group Thread

Old 04-18-2022, 03:23 AM

Mjp, your blocks are amazing! So creative!

My, your Millie is growing up, SBG! I love her little dress! You have such great taste for choosing cute fabric and pattern combos.

We didn't get together with family this Easter either. Our girls all have horrible coughs and I didn't want to pass that on to anyone! We still had a lovely quiet day, with stuffed pork and potatoes, pound cake, and jello eggs, followed by an Easter egg hunt.

Here is our family. My DH is wearing his traditional Irish family tartan kilt. (Wexford County, Ireland, if anyone is curious.)
Attached Thumbnails 2022-04-17-10-08-10-750%7E2.jpg  
Old 04-18-2022, 04:04 AM

Adorable block! (The fabric is TravellingGramma’s though.). I’ll add it to the gallery this morning.
Originally Posted by mjpEncinitas View Post
This last one is for Terriamn. Now. Have three more blocks to go!
Old 04-18-2022, 04:08 AM

So great to see another block show this morning, mjp. Love the bears and the dog. They’re all terrific.
Originally Posted by mjpEncinitas View Post
Here are the blocks I put together at the kitchen table. Most were partially done while I was travelling.
the dog is for Terriamn, the teddy bears are for Macybaby, Annaquilts gets the Native American block, Klaws gets the Henie block Lstew gets 3/4 of the Carrie Nation block.
Old 04-18-2022, 04:14 AM

NZQ, it’s lovely to see you with your family. You and DH look like proud parents surrounded by the girls. The dresses turned out fabulously. What a happy family! Thank you for sharing this with us.
Originally Posted by NZquilter View Post

Here is our family. My DH is wearing his traditional Irish family tartan kilt. (Wexford County, Ireland, if anyone is curious.)
Old 04-18-2022, 04:58 AM

Sewbiz yuck on the colonoscopy prep. Millie and her dress are sweet

NZ what a fabulous family picture, the girls and their dresses are darling and love hubby’s kilt.

MJ love the creativity of your blocks but especially mine. The block makes me smile.

Youngest dd and family were here for Easter dinner and we had a fun afternoon. My grandson is 14 and has grown up so much this year. I was pleasantly surprised when he came up and initiated a big hug and said thanks gramma. Be still my heart. Before he would barely tolerate a hug and turned beer red.
Old 04-18-2022, 08:02 AM

MJP, thank you for the block you made me. I love it!
All of the pictures of dresses are awesome! I don't have any little ones to sew for any more.
NZquilter, love the great picture of your family.
I have been very busy the past 5 days. Last Wednesday, my brother, sister-in-law and I went out for the day. We visited 2 wineries in NE Ohio and then saw a quilt show. It was totally amazing the talent that went into the quilts. There were almost 200 on display. Thursday I made pistachio thumbprint cookies for my niece's birthday (her favorite). Friday I made a birthday cake for my son and took my grandson shopping for gifts for his dad. We walked into Walmart and saw a person dressed up in a bunny costume. I told my grandson to go get his picture taken with the Easter Bunny. He looked at me and said "Are you serious???" He thought I was serious! He will be 16 in July. I laughed so hard! Then on Saturday I sent the day at my son's house for his birthday. And, yesterday I spent Easter with my brother and his family. Today I am trying to unwind and try to sew. I have one block cut out ready to sew and then 3 more to do then I'm finished. I have an eye doctor appointment on Wednesday so I won't be able to see to sew that day. I hope to get everything done and in the mail by Friday.
Old 04-18-2022, 10:28 AM
Power Poster

NZQ, what a gorgeous family you have! Your hubby looks handsome in his kilt and jacket, and the rest of you 'girls' are all lovely, too. The dresses look perfect. And you littlest one is HUGE already! Time really flies.

klaws, you are too funny!

Last edited by sewbizgirl; 04-18-2022 at 10:31 AM.
Old 04-18-2022, 11:29 AM

Oh my goodness, what BEAUTIFUL dresses! It made me remember my mother and the beautiful dresses she would make me every year. Not sure I will be gifted with grands (my boys say they aren't having kids)- maybe I should start looking into making dog clothes??

MJP - I might need a copy of your scavenger hunt! We'll be in the area the first week of May, might be a fun activity to do with my boyfriend and his mom who will be with us! (Maybe we can have lunch as well!)

Colonoscopy? Broken machines? Yuck to both....
Old 04-18-2022, 11:47 AM

Three more blocks completed. The first two are for Anna - I'm really excited to see this quilt, you have some really cool blocks coming your way. And the third is for Macy Baby. I was a little puzzled by your fabric - but once I got going it wasn't bad at all!!!

Attached Thumbnails annaquilts.jpg   annaquilts2.jpg   macybaby-1-.jpg  
Old 04-18-2022, 03:37 PM

Fine new blocks, JayneW. The one for AnnaQuilts stands out for me. So crisp! I love your interpretation of her fabric using traditional piecing.
Originally Posted by JayneW View Post
Three more blocks completed. The first two are for Anna - I'm really excited to see this quilt, you have some really cool blocks coming your way. And the third is for Macy Baby. I was a little puzzled by your fabric - but once I got going it wasn't bad at all!!!