Birthday Swap 2020/2021

Old 03-19-2020, 12:58 PM

Hello everyone....

Just checking in. I see things are pretty quiet here. Is everyone doing ok? Does this virus have you frightened? Does me!

Just letting you all know that we do not have any birthdays in April. So this is a great time to get all of the other packages ready for mailing.

Is everyone staying home???? I have stayed home for 8 days. Went out only 1 time to pick up 2 little dogs that I am fostering for the Humane Society. They are trying to get all the animals out of the shelter. I will have these two maybe until July. You know I am already in love with them! Two little Maltese dogs one is 7 lbs and the other is 11lbs full grown.

Tomorrow is our first birthday! NZQuilter....what will you do on your day?

Barb

Old 03-19-2020, 01:01 PM

Important update********************

kele has decided not to join us this year.

Old 03-19-2020, 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by travelinggramma View Post
Candies in the mail!!
Love all the ideas - and I have plenty others - just to figure out which one! I do love the rainbow quilts I have made but hate the sorting. So I am planing on going scrappy. Growing up odd is looking good! About 24 ladies get together each Monday and quilt , sew, crochet, knit, and alot of talking. I love bringing my candies there and just pick and sew.
Here is one I did last year and gifted it to a very surprised friend.
Travellinggramma.............do you know the name of this quilt??
Old 03-19-2020, 07:33 PM

Barbara and all,
The covid-19 does not scare me, but I am all about being wise and careful. I have been much more diligent about not going out for trivial trips. I did go to JoAnn's for thread that was on sale. Only three other shoppers in the store. Today I picked up a piece from my long armer that is a UFO from last year. No church, no Bible study, no classes at the university, no library, no contra dancing and so the story goes. I have been making kits for my Retreat-at-Home event the first week-end of April. My guild retreat was cancelled but I shall quilt on. I love getting focused and pressing through to a finish or two.

I trust all are well and able to use this gift of time at home to accomplish some tasks and for some fun too!
Old 03-20-2020, 06:08 AM

I think I am still in the processing stage here! We live in a county with no outbreaks so that gives a false sense of security as we get things wrapped up to be at home for awhile. Today is my husbands last day working at his office. He is a software engineer and yesterday my daughter and I got the extra room set up as his office and her virtual classroom. She starts her virtual college classes Monday. This week was finishing homework previously assigned and having some test meetings with her professors to make sure the technology end of things was working. I'm an accountant in an office on a floor only two people access for a retail store. So when I go into work I am self quarantined in my office.

What we are trying to process is how long and what that means for my girls. So my college junior was in the process of filling out summer internship paperwork. Most of those jobs aren't even posted anymore. And my grad school student is also worried about her summer employment and earnings potential for her final year of grad school. Every penny counts for them. And all of their friend's lives are in turmoil with graduations cancelled, etc. And then you look at the bigger picture and all that seems small.

So, next week I hope to loose myself in some quilting fun. This week has been too caught up in all the details. Also, it's been in the upper 40s here - I just want it to be nice enough to extend my little kingdom to outside. We are taking walks everyday, but I just want to feel the sunshine.

Stay safe everyone!
Old 03-20-2020, 06:20 AM

NZ Quilter -- Have a special day!! I believe this is a Birthday you'll remember for a long time! 😊🎂🎁

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 03-20-2020 at 02:32 PM. Reason: shouting/all caps
Old 03-20-2020, 07:16 AM

Happy Birthday, NZQuilter! I hope you have a wonderful day.
Old 03-20-2020, 08:03 AM

Happy Birthday NZQuilter!
Old 03-20-2020, 09:49 AM

Default Thank You!!!

I want to heartily thank you all for the lovely treasure trove of colorful candies!!! My goodness, I never knew so much pretty fabric could be all in one place! Thank you all for the birthday cards, wishes and even the surprise little extra somethings.

Not much planned for today, other than hoping to get some sewing time in during the children's naps. I did buy myself Creative Grids Stripology XL ruler, so I'm excited about that! I'll be able to finish my last few sets of candies super fast using it! The in-laws will be visiting tomorrow and we will celebrate with cake then. Our plans for eating out have been postponed, but I think it's for the better. Our little one's are still sick with the flu and I wouldn't want anyone to catch it, on top of this whole virus pandemic.
Old 03-20-2020, 12:39 PM

Today's mail was delivered a bit later than normal, and Rosemary Attaway's envelope arrived today. Thank you, Rosemary! The candies are so pretty!

February 24: Patrick's Mom

February 25: WendyMcD

February 27: Lottie Parker
Janice McC
Wesing
Lauren Gilliland
MaryGPearce

February 28: Tinas3
Lum

February 29t: Macybaby

March 2: Quilting Lawyer
Djmat
Traveling Grandma

March 3: Crazy Connie

March 5: Hav4boys
Crispy_Frog

March 9: aborning
Gaijin
Nurseluanne0308

March 10: BarbaraKibler23

March 13: Irish Mom

March 16: WMUTeach

March 20: Rosemary Attaway

That's makes a total of 23 envelopes have arrived. Once again, thank you, everyone!!