Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Black/White/Brights Block Swap-Sign ups Closed >
  • Black/White/Brights Block Swap-Sign ups Closed

• Black/White/Brights Block Swap-Sign ups Closed

Old 07-26-2010, 10:53 AM

Count me in on this one Im not sure of the block I will be doing but I know mine will be a scrappy look with the black, white, and brights! I'll let you know later the number of sets and block I will be doing once I research block patterns that works well with multiple colors!
    Old 07-26-2010, 01:24 PM

I'll add you to the activity page.
    Old 07-27-2010, 09:02 AM

I have a question re the return envelope for those who have done more than one set in prior swaps. I figured the cheapest way to send and get back two sets would be by priority mail flat rate envelope, but the post office said I can't prepare a return envelope label that will be mailed more than 4 days after I create it, so what do you do? Can you get a priority label at the actual post office (I print my labels online)that can be mailed at a later date? When I did the batik swap, I only did one set and it was cheaper to just send it first class mail, but this one, with two sets, of course weighs more and would be cheaper priority flat rate.
    Old 07-27-2010, 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by JudyG
    I have a question re the return envelope for those who have done more than one set in prior swaps. I figured the cheapest way to send and get back two sets would be by priority mail flat rate envelope, but the post office said I can't prepare a return envelope label that will be mailed more than 4 days after I create it, so what do you do? Can you get a priority label at the actual post office (I print my labels online)that can be mailed at a later date? When I did the batik swap, I only did one set and it was cheaper to just send it first class mail, but this one, with two sets, of course weighs more and would be cheaper priority flat rate.
    I have always sent the flat rate envelope already stamped. If they put an actual stamp on it, how would they know when it was done? If they do one of the "sticker" postage things then it would have a date. They make an actual $4.90 stamp. Just ask for one of those and attach it to the mailer yourself.
    Old 07-27-2010, 10:25 AM

Thanks, Laura, that is what I was wondering. It's just so nice and easy to print the label with postage on it, but guess not for this. Thanks again.
    Old 07-27-2010, 12:27 PM

UPDATE ON THE BLACK/WHITE/BRIGHT SWAP

Due to the overwhelming response to this swap, it was necessary to close the swap early. There are now 94 of us participating. Because of the large number, it will be very important for everyone to follow the swap rules precisely. Please read the following, as this is what you have agreed to do.

All fabrics used in the blocks should be prewashed and pressed 100% cotton. If during the construction process, your blocks have been exposed to smoke, perfume or animals, they should be washed and pressed again before sending them. Blocks that are non-compliant will be returned.

All blocks must be 12-1/2 x 12-1/2" with all seams appropriately pressed. Please measure your blocks before sending them. Blocks that are non-compliant will be returned.

The colors used in this swap are limited to black, white, black on white, white on black and brights.

Blocks should be made in sets of 12 of the same block pattern. Each block should be labeled individually with at least your screen name and the block name. Do not package the blocks in individual baggies, as they are very difficult to count.

For each set submitted, one of your blocks will be returned to you along with eleven others.

Each person should submit a self-addressed, stamped envelope with adequate postage affixed. With this many to keep track of, I will not be able to accept checks or loose stamps, and will not provide envelopes. The postage on your return envelope should be the same amount that you put on the envelope that your blocks are submitted in. Blocks received without a self-addressed, stamped envelope will be retained until the correct envelope is received.

The activity page for this swap is accessible from p. 1 of this thread. Please check the page to be sure that the correct number of sets, as well as the correct block names are recorded for you. If corrections are necessary, please PM me. Even though the swap is closed, you may still increase the number of sets to be submitted if you wish, but should PM me so that I may keep accurate records.

The deadline for submitting your blocks is October 15th. This deadline will not be extended.

If you have signed up for this swap, and will not be able to participate, please let me know by PM as soon as possible so that I can remove you from the list.

Any questions, please PM me. I think we have the potential for an awesome swap!
    Old 07-28-2010, 03:55 PM

I'm doing mine with bright lime greens,reds,yellows. Looks like a reproduction of the early 40ish fabrics.
    This I'm making with the "Another variation of the 9-patch?

Turtlerouge
    Old 07-30-2010, 12:15 PM

I noticed on the Activity Page you don't have my bright or my block listed. I thought I gave it to you before; but I'll just list them for you again. My bright is a "Hot" Pink and my block is called: Dove in the Window. Thank you,
    Dagny! We appreciate you taking charge of this swap for us snd keeping all the records straight. You are most definitely appreciated for the excellent job you are doing!!!
    Old 07-30-2010, 03:05 PM

Sorry if I missed it, but I'll fix that right away.
    Old 07-30-2010, 03:42 PM

I am a Geek!!! I did my first set. Great! Did my second set not so great!!! after the second set was done I relized I did not pre wash the fabric for the second set. Geez. Ok so I'll make a different color second set. I can't believe I did that!