Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
BLACK AND WHITE SAMPLER SWAP >

BLACK AND WHITE SAMPLER SWAP

BLACK AND WHITE SAMPLER SWAP

Old 05-19-2009, 03:48 AM

Originally Posted by quilt addict
Well, I finally got my fabric and went to the laundry mat tonight and washed them. So now just have to decide on a block to choose. The ones I had bookmarked seems like someone else has already choose them. Is there a problem if there is more than one block with the same pattern?

Excited about getting started if I could just decide on a block pattern.

everyone's blocks look wonderful! :D
There are enough blocks that are being made the a duplicate here and there won't even be noticable. Make the one you were planning and have fun!!!
Old 05-19-2009, 03:56 AM

Originally Posted by Pats8e8
What kind of machine did you get?
I got a Janome DC3050. I wasn't looking for too many bells and whistles.
Old 05-19-2009, 03:58 AM

that janome 3050 is a jewel. i have the janome jem platinum, it only weighs 12 pounds and i can carry it to classes etc. my 6600 is just too heavy to lug around.
Old 05-19-2009, 05:58 AM

I have finished one set of blocks :P ....... it's called Sunshine and Shadows. I have done two of the second set........ Friendship Scrap. And I am still planning to do Planned Patchhood, unless something else strikes my fancy. I hope these are o.k. I've only been quilting about a year and a half so my blocks are pretty plain and simple compared to some of the others. :oops:

Sunshine and Shadows
[ATTACH=CONFIG]35667[/ATTACH]

Friendship Scrap
[ATTACH=CONFIG]35668[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-35667.jpe   attachment-35668.jpe  
Old 05-19-2009, 06:06 AM

Wow I love these blocks. Thanks ladies (and Gents?) for the complements. I just feel like I am so handicapped working in my living room and not being able to find anything I need.
Old 05-19-2009, 06:55 AM

Originally Posted by kwhite
I just feel like I am so handicapped working in my living room and not being able to find anything I need.
I had to laugh at that. I'm just the opposite. I have a guest room I could use for sewing but it is small with just one little window and makes me feel shut in. I have stuff in there but I work in the family room and on the glassed in porch where I can spread out however I want!
It makes a difference that I live alone and don't care that much about how the house looks. (don't like it, go away!) I also can't find anything I need but I get a lot of exercise going from room to room looking.
We are getting much needed rain so I am staying home and sewing today.

Kj05: Enjoy your new machine. I use a 25 year old no name yard sale find and it works for me. I can even do free motion quilting on it. I drool over the embroidery machines but I know they are not for me. Same with all the new machines with all the bells and whistles on them, nice to have but not in my budget.

Angie: Lovely blocks!

Justme: I wish you would just jump in like I did. It's fun and exciting planning for all the blocks you will make and receive. I don't think anyone here expects perfection at least I hope not. I do the best I can but that's not perfect. I think the folks that are horrified about a point cut off or a seam sewn lopsided will not get in a swap like this. The rest of us just want to see all your creations and have fun!
:D

Keep up the good work all! Back to sewing!
Old 05-19-2009, 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by Angie
I have finished one set of blocks :P ....... it's called Sunshine and Shadows. I have done two of the second set........ Friendship Scrap. And I am still planning to do Planned Patchhood, unless something else strikes my fancy. I hope these are o.k. I've only been quilting about a year and a half so my blocks are pretty plain and simple compared to some of the others. :oops:
I see nothing "plain" about these blocks. they are great!
Old 05-19-2009, 07:32 AM

Thank you! You are all truly wonderful people!
Old 05-19-2009, 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by Kj05
Originally Posted by Pats8e8
What kind of machine did you get?
I got a Janome DC3050. I wasn't looking for too many bells and whistles.
I love Janome's of any kind. ha Don't exactly know that one, but know the Jems are great, have several ladies in class that bring them. I have a Singer Featherweight that I take when I need to tote a machine. My 1600 and 11K are too heavy to take anywhere.
Old 05-19-2009, 07:45 AM

Angie, those blocks are wonderful. We are going to have such great blocks to make a quilt with! I'm going to set mine with yellow.