Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
BLACK AND WHITE SAMPLER SWAP >

BLACK AND WHITE SAMPLER SWAP

BLACK AND WHITE SAMPLER SWAP

Old 05-14-2009, 07:38 AM
Banned

i do have cats in my home but i have 2 studio's. one in the main house with the family and another that is completely pet free that is used for my business.

i'll do these blocks in the business studio to avoid any problems.
Old 05-14-2009, 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by bearisgray
I haven't read every single post -

so maybe this question has been answered.

If we have cats that "assist" with our blocks, should we label the package?

I know that some people are very allergic to cats, cat hair, and cat dander.

Or do we all just take out chances? I have a long-haired cat that likes to help/interfere with my projects, but I also want those that are sensitive to not have a reaction.
I do not have a reaction so I can't say for sure just how bad getting one with cat hair would be to someone who is.......but, will taking a pet sticky brush to them get most of it off?
Old 05-14-2009, 09:03 AM

I received Harmony's blocks today. That makes 4 sets.
Old 05-14-2009, 12:22 PM

I'm in as long as I get my sewing machine soon! I'll let you know ASAP! I'm excited.
Old 05-14-2009, 12:43 PM
farscapegal

Originally Posted by sandpat
Oh...I hope this swap doesn't try to turn into a ton of "special" requests..ya'll do realize that it is a ton of work for Colletta as it is... :roll:
I am extremely allergic to cats which is why I don't participate in these swaps.

But I like seeing what everyone has done.

Sybil

Old 05-14-2009, 04:03 PM
Power Poster

Sybil, I was certainly not trying to hurt your (or anyone else's) feelings, nor to take lightly the medical problems of any board member...I was mearly trying to make the point that if you have some type of problem that severly affects your health..it is your responsibility to be wary of situations that would jeopardize your health...not someone who is organizing a swap of some kind. This is just my opinion... I do hate that you can't play in the swaps, but it is probably very smart of you not to do so.

Please accept my apologies if I offended you.
Old 05-14-2009, 04:45 PM

Sybil, I was certainly not trying to hurt your (or anyone else's) feelings, nor to take lightly the medical problems of any board member...I was mearly trying to make the point that if you have some type of problem that severly affects your health..it is your responsibility to be wary of situations that would jeopardize your health...not someone who is organizing a swap of some kind. This is just my opinion... I do hate that you can't play in the swaps, but it is probably very smart of you not to do so.

I feel the same way sandpat...I'd feel terrible if I sent anything to someone that wasn't de-allergied right! I personally had a good friend some years ago that always took care of packages, etc always. For that exact reason. She wanted to make sure and she had her own system to do so. Which I don't remember what that was!:)Yikes!:)Maybe those w/allergies can share what they do to de-allergy packages to help those that might not know or could use some good idea so they can swap too:)Skeat
Old 05-14-2009, 04:57 PM
farscapegal

No apology necessary. I wasn't offended at all. I know that a lot of the people have cats so I don't participate in any of the swaps. I just like looking at all the blocks everyone makes.

Sybil

Old 05-14-2009, 05:04 PM

I do have a cat and I am trying to keep her away from the fabric but I can't guarantee there won't be any dander or hair on them.

My shooting stars are done!

If my count is correct we are up to 71 different blocks! :D

71 x 12 = 852 blocks total.
WOW!
Anyone making 6 sets? Lots of time left!
:mrgreen:
Old 05-14-2009, 06:23 PM

http://janomespecials.com/contest-se...t-winners.html

hey everybody, i want to thank all of you who voted for Dean Deerfield's quilt in the Marie Osmond's contest, she did win! and here's the link to go read about it. thanks again yall., Donna