Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
BLACK AND WHITE SAMPLER SWAP >

BLACK AND WHITE SAMPLER SWAP

BLACK AND WHITE SAMPLER SWAP

Old 05-30-2009, 03:37 PM

Pam-They might be circles by then!
Old 05-30-2009, 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by pittsburgpam
Man... I have made so many mistakes today on these blocks. I had to take a seam out and re-do it on 8 of them. I had to use two different blacks and I just realized that I put two different blacks on 2 blocks when ideally they should have been the same.

I sewed one side of the flying geese on all the rectangles and when I went to do the other side I found that two of the rectangles were 6" instead of 6 1/2"!!! What is wrong with me!!! No wonder I haven't sewn all week. Now I have to re-do two of them.
When that happens to me, I know it's time to do something else! I have 'chemo brain' - it's a real (pain in the ass) phenomena - so I do a sudoku puzzle on-line every morning to see if my brain is working. If it's not up to sudoku, it's not up to sewing!

You probably have job-stress and need a day or 2 off of EVERYTHING! Sometimes sewing isn't the relaxation we need - tho' that's hard to believe! When we have a 'real' deadline for our hobby (like July 1 for the swap to reach Coletta), it can be like work to our subconscious!
Old 05-30-2009, 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by JoanneS
Originally Posted by pittsburgpam
Man... I have made so many mistakes today on these blocks. I had to take a seam out and re-do it on 8 of them. I had to use two different blacks and I just realized that I put two different blacks on 2 blocks when ideally they should have been the same.

I sewed one side of the flying geese on all the rectangles and when I went to do the other side I found that two of the rectangles were 6" instead of 6 1/2"!!! What is wrong with me!!! No wonder I haven't sewn all week. Now I have to re-do two of them.
When that happens to me, I know it's time to do something else! I have 'chemo brain' - it's a real (pain in the ass) phenomena - so I do a sudoku puzzle on-line every morning to see if my brain is working. If it's not up to sudoku, it's not up to sewing!

You probably have job-stress and need a day or 2 off of EVERYTHING! Sometimes sewing isn't the relaxation we need - tho' that's hard to believe! When we have a 'real' deadline for our hobby (like July 1 for the swap to reach Coletta), it can be like work to our subconscious!
I can barely do a Sudoku at the best of times unless it's an easy one and clever that you have a way to 'test' your brain.
Old 05-30-2009, 09:05 PM

My blocks are done and ready to mail on Monday. It's been quite a day and a struggle to get them done. Please forgive me if you get one and it's not perfect. :oops:

A black and white quilt is going to be the ultimate finishing touch on this room and I am so looking forward to getting started on it. I've saved the HSTs cut off the flying geese and will sew them together and find a way to use them in the quilt. I bought a fabric bundle and a pattern at a LQS recently in black and white but, I think I would much rather use that fabric for this one.

Attached Thumbnails attachment-23387.jpe   attachment-23388.jpe  
Old 05-30-2009, 09:19 PM

All of the blocks are looking great fellow quilters! I too had to rip 3 of my blocks apart because they were wrong. Disturbing! All fixed now but a waste of my time ripping!.
Old 05-30-2009, 10:11 PM

Maybe... Maybe... Maybe I can do another set tomorrow. I could use the cut HSTs for small pinwheels in a block somehow. Has to be a SIMPLE block to get it all done in one day.
Old 05-31-2009, 04:01 AM

Nice job, Pam. They look perfect (and the perfect room to match!). :D
Old 05-31-2009, 04:06 AM

They look great, Pam. And a b&w quilt will looking absolutly stunning in that room!
Old 05-31-2009, 04:08 AM
Power Poster

Blocks look great Pam..love the room. Hope that now you don't have deadline for sewing on top of the work stresses...that you will feel better!
Old 05-31-2009, 04:28 AM

Pam, your stars look great. A black and white quilt is going to be a great addition to that bedroom.

I have finished six of one set and one of the other set. I have to re-do one of the finished six. :? I am hoping to finish all but one of the first set. I had to order more fabric. I could only cut out 11 blocks out of the amount I ordered. :( So, my plan for today is to finish all but one on the first set and finished the second set. :D So, it happy sewing for me today.