Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
BLACK AND WHITE SAMPLER SWAP >

BLACK AND WHITE SAMPLER SWAP

BLACK AND WHITE SAMPLER SWAP

Old 05-30-2009, 05:23 AM

Madeinmaine - I love the new block!
I can not believe we are up that high in numbers! I have two sets done and I am in the process of decideing whether to do a third or not!! I have fabric that is calling out to me as well! I will hopefully know in the next couple of days! I bet Colletta you are wishing maybe you didn't give us as much time as you did!!! You are going to be so busy but man are you going to have fun!! I also need to know how much the shipping back to me will be for two and three sets depending on what I end up doing!!! Thanks very much!!
Kendra
Old 05-30-2009, 05:38 AM

I will be finishing up mine this weekend as I received the white that I ordered. This white fabric... has anyone had such a thick white?? I had solid white that I thought was a little thin so I ordered some Dainty Damask from Michael Miller (I believe it is). This stuff is thick! It's like the two Julie Rothermel fabrics I have used.

I haven't felt like sewing all this week or doing much of anything. I've come home from work, layed on the couch, and read or watched TV. I've even been sleeping on the couch. Don't know what's wrong with me. I feel so tired, work is stressful and I didn't leave work until after 9:00 last night (normally off at 5:00). I forced myself to go to my ladies social group on Tuesday night, had a margarita and stayed for a couple of hours, but didn't really want to be there.
Old 05-30-2009, 05:45 AM

International Shippers: Please pm me your address so that I can find out how much shipping you will need.

This swap is going better then I ever imaginged. In numbers and in enthusiasm. The hardest part for me will be finding somewhere to keep all the bloocks until the swap gets here. I already have almost 2 shelves full in my cabinet.

I guess I better get to work on MY blocks. I have the fabric all prepped but have been trying to get a quilt top done so that I can quilt it in the evenings. I only have about 1/4 of the top left to do so I still have plenty of time before the deadline.

Keep the blocks coming, fellow quilters!
Old 05-30-2009, 05:49 AM

Hey, all - Thanks sulabug, susiequilt, and kgoodhand for the encouragement. Come on, Kendra - with all the projects you have going, what's another set of blocks?!!? :lol: You are Superwoman! Truly, these blocks have become infectious (although my eyes are crossed from doing zebras :roll: ). Colletta will be climbing a mountain of blocks soon.
Pam, hope you are feeling better soon. Have a great weekend, all. Rainy here in Maine - great for sewing :lol:
Old 05-30-2009, 06:02 AM

Originally Posted by pittsburgpam
I will be finishing up mine this weekend as I received the white that I ordered. This white fabric... has anyone had such a thick white?? I had solid white that I thought was a little thin so I ordered some Dainty Damask from Michael Miller (I believe it is). This stuff is thick! It's like the two Julie Rothermel fabrics I have used.

I haven't felt like sewing all this week or doing much of anything. I've come home from work, layed on the couch, and read or watched TV. I've even been sleeping on the couch. Don't know what's wrong with me. I feel so tired, work is stressful and I didn't leave work until after 9:00 last night (normally off at 5:00). I forced myself to go to my ladies social group on Tuesday night, had a margarita and stayed for a couple of hours, but didn't really want to be there.
You're right, usually the whites are pretty thin. I really like the Judy Rothermel fabrics. I have a bunch of patriotic fat quarters from one of her lines, they feel really nice.

Sorry you're feeling down. Everyone gets into a rut once in a while. I find that work is usually the sorce of feeling blah. Hope you feel better soon.
Old 05-30-2009, 06:39 AM

Originally Posted by susiequilt
I'm down to my last 2 blocks to make and I just found the most perfect fabric to use for that block instead of what I used. :cry: Don't you just hate that? Not that there's anything wrong with the blocks as they are but they would have been so much prettier. Oh well, I'll just have to think of another use for that fabric. Soon comes the hard part: labeling all those blocks!

Very pretty block MadeinMaine!
:D
What about the border on 'your' quilt??:)Just a thought....Skeat(or just stop the frustration and send it on over here!)LOL
Old 05-30-2009, 06:55 AM

I got 2 sets of blocks from tslowery today! That makes 18 so far.

P.S. Thanks for the FQ's!
Old 05-30-2009, 01:11 PM

Man... I have made so many mistakes today on these blocks. I had to take a seam out and re-do it on 8 of them. I had to use two different blacks and I just realized that I put two different blacks on 2 blocks when ideally they should have been the same.

I sewed one side of the flying geese on all the rectangles and when I went to do the other side I found that two of the rectangles were 6" instead of 6 1/2"!!! What is wrong with me!!! No wonder I haven't sewn all week. Now I have to re-do two of them.
Old 05-30-2009, 01:38 PM

Man... I have made so many mistakes today on these blocks. I had to take a seam out and re-do it on 8 of them. I had to use two different blacks and I just realized that I put two different blacks on 2 blocks when ideally they should have been the same.

I sewed one side of the flying geese on all the rectangles and when I went to do the other side I found that two of the rectangles were 6" instead of 6 1/2"!!! What is wrong with me!!! No wonder I haven't sewn all week. Now I have to re-do two of them.
When I start doing things like that -- I turn off my machine and open a bottle of wine and drink (don't bother with a glass). And then start over tomorrow :roll: :roll:
Old 05-30-2009, 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by sewjoyce

When I start doing things like that -- I turn off my machine and open a bottle of wine and drink (don't bother with a glass). And then start over tomorrow :roll: :roll:
I took a nap and now I'm going to the little store down the street to get some Pepsi to go with my Rum. Maybe later tonight I can finish the blocks and then square them up tomorrow (which I am sure they will need!)