Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Blocks of the Orient - Signup CLOSED >
  • Blocks of the Orient - Signup CLOSED

• Blocks of the Orient - Signup CLOSED

Old 02-20-2011, 11:27 AM

I wanna play! I'll have to check my stash first, no funds for new fabric...then I'll have to make a practice piece. Sometimes some of the easiest squares give me fits. :?

I'll PM as soon as I'm sure.
    Old 02-20-2011, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by pattis47
    Deb,
    You know it is time for me to ASK, are we doing another one and have you decided what it will be? We only have 8 more days until this one closes and some of us are chomping at the bit for the next project.......

Are you going to give us a hint to entice us or are you going to be a meanie and make us wait.....

Come on girls, help me out, lets see if we can get her to committ herself early!!!! Just think of me as that annoying child in the back seat; are we there yet, how much longer, is this it?????

I want to know to!! Now you have 2 annoying children!! Whats it gonna be Debbie? When do we get to know? Really driving me nuts not knowing for sure!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: PLEASE!!!! TELL US, WE CAN'T WAIT ANY LONGER!!
    Old 02-20-2011, 11:42 AM

Karen,
    That makes 3 of us CloverPatch is with us toooooo. And it has only been a few hours since I asked. Imagine, in the next 24 hours how many more people will be asking???????? 20, 25, 30, 35 should I keep going??

Come on Deb, give it up.....you know we will wear you down, just make it easy on yourself and let us in on the secret.....huh, huh, can you give us a hint??????

Originally Posted by Karen
    Deb,
    You know it is time for me to ASK, are we doing another one and have you decided what it will be? We only have 8 more days until this one closes and some of us are chomping at the bit for the next project.......

Are you going to give us a hint to entice us or are you going to be a meanie and make us wait.....

Come on girls, help me out, lets see if we can get her to committ herself early!!!! Just think of me as that annoying child in the back seat; are we there yet, how much longer, is this it?????

I want to know to!! Now you have 2 annoying children!! Whats it gonna be Debbie? When do we get to know? Really driving me nuts not knowing for sure!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: PLEASE!!!! TELL US, WE CAN'T WAIT ANY LONGER!!
    Old 02-20-2011, 11:48 AM

So, I didn't think I had any Oriental fabric, so I ordered LOTS and LOTS because it was so pretty. (Almost $200.00 worth!) Then, I go through my stash once again and find a bunch of FQs and some yard cuts of Oriental fabric too. I have a girlfriend who's abusive husband broke a very cherished dish of hers that a friend brought back from Japan for her and I thought I would make her a quick quilt using the oriental fabric to hopefully make her feel better.

Anyway, I have washed a bunch of my fabric and plan on using tomorrow to sew away. Can I make more than two sets? I have a feeling once I get started, I won't want to stop. Too many pretty new fabrics to use.

Here is what I bought...
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]135316[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-135311.jpe  
    Old 02-20-2011, 12:00 PM

it will be exciting to see what color/pattern combinations you can come up. Looks like your could easily do 3 sets if you have the time before the deadline. Dont forget to post pics of the samples you do so we get the chance to ohhhh and ahhhhh
    Old 02-20-2011, 12:07 PM

All these are at least a yard in length, so I figure each fabric will do at least twelve blocks. I also bought four yards of the black. I have noticed that a few others have the same BOB fabric, as well.

They have to arrive by the end of March, right? I probably will have them done tomorrow... but just in case, I want a little wiggle room.
    Old 02-20-2011, 01:29 PM

Very pretty fabric Misty. You could make some gorgeous blocks with all that! Can't wait to see your sample blocks!
    Old 02-20-2011, 01:31 PM

LOL!!! Deb you may as well tell us now! We're gonna have to keep bugging you. Come everyone join us....need to know what is next!!

Karen,
    That makes 3 of us CloverPatch is with us toooooo. And it has only been a few hours since I asked. Imagine, in the next 24 hours how many more people will be asking???????? 20, 25, 30, 35 should I keep going??

Come on Deb, give it up.....you know we will wear you down, just make it easy on yourself and let us in on the secret.....huh, huh, can you give us a hint??????

Originally Posted by Karen
    Deb,

Old 02-20-2011, 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by Twisted Quilter
    I wanna play! I'll have to check my stash first, no funds for new fabric...then I'll have to make a practice piece. Sometimes some of the easiest squares give me fits. :?

I'll PM as soon as I'm sure.
    i am with you; some of the easiest squares are the ones i have the most "unsewing" on.
    Old 02-20-2011, 04:09 PM

Now. Children behave yourself