Boom 12 - SHORT & SWEET

Old 03-27-2014, 03:31 PM

You're right, your kid would have remembered.
Old 03-27-2014, 03:37 PM

Perfect timing, just finished a customer quilt today and the other will be done tomorrow. Still have 1 to go but it will be a nice break just to make blocks.
Old 03-27-2014, 04:29 PM

First stop tomorrow, the PO! Some very pretty fabrics will be on the way to everyone about 12 hours from now. QUOTE=Janice McC;6647795]All f8's are in! Will finish packing up envelopes tonight and ship tomorrow![/QUOTE]
Old 03-27-2014, 07:07 PM

Sounds good, gearing up to receive and start sewing....Thank you Janice for all the time it takes to sort and send.
Old 03-28-2014, 08:07 AM

You are welcome, Jaba!

Just an fyi, all the packages are out and everyone will be receiving email updates directly from usps.com. Most will receive their packages on Monday. As for me, I'm already pulling fabrics to see if i can get a jump on piecing in case all heck breaks loose, as it does occasionally lately. Thanks to everyone for participating and for being so cooperative in shipping. We're ahead of schedule!

Sorry, got to run...I have stitching to do!
Originally Posted by jaba View Post
Sounds good, gearing up to receive and start sewing....Thank you Janice for all the time it takes to sort and send.
Old 03-28-2014, 02:15 PM

My 89 year old cousin has lost the sight of one eye and has fluid on the left eye...she called me and said she had some
fabric, did I want it.. I picked it up from her Wed... OMG...there was a laundry basket full of brand new (older) fabric...I bet 30 different designs..Moda, Cranston, no solids but some beautiful designs, nothing under a yard and most 2-3 yards. I felt like it was Christmas!! She hasn't sewn for 10-15 years but it is still in excellent, folded, ironed condition... Now off to buy more storage containers...
Old 03-28-2014, 03:04 PM

Wow! How lucky can some people be?? Congrats. I have some older fabric from my brother, have you noticed how much better it feels in the hand than the newer fabrics?
Old 03-28-2014, 03:28 PM

I had that happen once, packed my suv full! Boom 11 got pieces from that haul...
Old 03-29-2014, 06:05 AM

You are so right Libster...the fabric seems "thicker" and a tighter weave and the patterns are beautiful on some of them. I was a little surprised the blue/white gingham was very thin feeling. I think she had 6 yards of that and I have NO idea how I would use blue and white except maybe a backing for a baby quilt. Im still ironing, have 4 more bunches to do. Didn't need it but I love ironing and seeing the fabric spread out! I get my quilting desires and my ironing/window washing traits ALL from my Grannie Hawkins! Thank you Grannie...I hope you are looking down guiding me!
Old 03-29-2014, 08:19 PM

Ohh, just got notification that my package of F8's hit my local Post office tonight! It will be here Monday! I guess I am going to have to go to work Monday, since that's where I am having it delivered! I can't wait!!
Hmm.. I may have to leave work early though, might not be feeling well a bit after the mail man arrives.. I can feel it coming on now.....