Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 13 "FOUR LEAF CLOVER" 4 Month Group >

Boom 13 "FOUR LEAF CLOVER" 4 Month Group

Boom 13 "FOUR LEAF CLOVER" 4 Month Group

Old 07-31-2014, 05:35 AM

Thanks for the tip moonrise, I never thought of that either. Bet I won't forget it now! Nice blocks love the puzzle, don't remember seeing that one before.
Old 07-31-2014, 09:57 AM

Glad the tip was helpful. It just suddenly occurred to me one day, and I gave it a try. It worked! Yay!

The little kitten is doing fine. He's 10 days old now. He had to go to the vet a couple of days ago because he was sneezing, but he's on antibiotics now, and the sneezing has almost stopped. He's getting bigger and bigger!

Here's a photo from yesterday. He covered himself up. He's got a little bit of a "milk moustache" going on. he he

[ATTACH=CONFIG]485782[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails kitten073014b.jpg  
Old 07-31-2014, 03:22 PM

So sweet! Maybe I missed the answer to the following question, but are you planning to keep this little guy or will you continue to foster him until he gets a 'forever' home?

Originally Posted by moonrise View Post
Glad the tip was helpful. It just suddenly occurred to me one day, and I gave it a try. It worked! Yay!

The little kitten is doing fine. He's 10 days old now. He had to go to the vet a couple of days ago because he was sneezing, but he's on antibiotics now, and the sneezing has almost stopped. He's getting bigger and bigger!

Here's a photo from yesterday. He covered himself up. He's got a little bit of a "milk moustache" going on. he he

[ATTACH=CONFIG]485782[/ATTACH]
Old 07-31-2014, 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by Janice McC View Post
So sweet! Maybe I missed the answer to the following question, but are you planning to keep this little guy or will you continue to foster him until he gets a 'forever' home?
Probably keep him, unless he doesn't get along with my other cats. I already have 4 (all rescues), and hadn't planned on getting a 5th cat, but it seems that this one was delivered practically right on our doorstep. I've been trying not to get attached to him, but you know how that goes! LOL!

DH ... who wasn't too thrilled when we got the 4th cat ... was smitten right from the start with this one. The kitten's got him wrapped around his little paw already. He's been going around showing the kitten's photos to everyone who'll listen ... the cashier at the pet store, the guys he works with, the mail lady ... LOL!
Old 07-31-2014, 05:11 PM

Block for the day Sunrise450 Hourglass#4. Babysitting all weekend so no sewing.. Have a good one everyone!
Attached Thumbnails sunrise450-hourglass-4.jpg  
Old 08-01-2014, 08:17 AM

I have a friend who's parents are elderly and gave her their long arm machine. No instructions with it so she asked me to help. This is like the blind leading the blind. We played with it a few weeks ago and it seemed like fun. So we decided that since our guild as oodles of quilt tops....lets practice on those just meanering. Well this is the first huge quilt we have sandwiched on her machine. So we tossed ideas back and forth as to what layer goes on what roll bar and which way should it turn. Then my friend realized that she only had one bobbin so we called several stores to see if they carry the right ones. So took a drive to pick up some extra bobbin. Then back to figuring out the sandwiching. The quilt top I picked to work on was really wonky and so I figured if we screw up on it no big deal because it really doesn't lie straight....even after ironing this thing. We spent all day yesterday attaching and fiddling with the layers. I went home and figured we will try today. My friends Daughter comes home...looks at it and says wait......she goes on line......prints the directions....takes it to the machine and says....well you ladies have it on backwards and inside out. Sigh.....the techie smarts of these young folks. So my friend and her daughter redid the whole thing and she said that it works a lot better.....but the top is still wonky. LOL
Old 08-01-2014, 09:40 AM

Bless you Godschild for doing that with your friend with no instructions. I help my Mom with hers when I visit and I have to go and look everytime. But the good thing she has done is write instructions on her leaders that helps alot. So it will say Top right side up on one with a line drawn to ling it up.

I am sure there are some long armers out there that have posted Utube videos too. Isn't the internet amazing?

Lovely little kitten, one of mine has the sniffles now and it is viral so she is in isolation from the other girls and not liking it at all.
Old 08-01-2014, 11:31 AM

I wish someone would give ME a long arm! LOL the only thing I got was my grandmothers hugh wooden quilting frame and its too big to set up in my small house! GOOD JOB UrGodsChild! Id love to learn how to use one. THe couple that does my quilting are a retired older married couple and do an outstanding job!!
Old 08-01-2014, 03:51 PM

Had time to make one block before 4 grandkids get here. This one is Cherry Starburst from 100 Blocks, summer 14 book. I found that a F8 is NOT enough for this block unless you cut very very carefully...Its for jclinganrey.
Attached Thumbnails jclinganrey-cherry-starburst.jpg  
Old 08-01-2014, 05:55 PM

Sounds like it was meant to be. Enjoy!!!
Originally Posted by moonrise View Post
Probably keep him, unless he doesn't get along with my other cats. I already have 4 (all rescues), and hadn't planned on getting a 5th cat, but it seems that this one was delivered practically right on our doorstep. I've been trying not to get attached to him, but you know how that goes! LOL!

DH ... who wasn't too thrilled when we got the 4th cat ... was smitten right from the start with this one. The kitten's got him wrapped around his little paw already. He's been going around showing the kitten's photos to everyone who'll listen ... the cashier at the pet store, the guys he works with, the mail lady ... LOL!