Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 13 "FOUR LEAF CLOVER" 4 Month Group >

Boom 13 "FOUR LEAF CLOVER" 4 Month Group

Boom 13 "FOUR LEAF CLOVER" 4 Month Group

Old 11-10-2014, 05:53 PM

Hello Everyone....thought I would post a photo here to share with some of the Jade 2 group members. These are the blocks from the Jade 2 and RAB 2 Booms. I am working to finish up the king Christmas Sampler Quilt.

Sorry, I have tried for the past four days to post here and my posts will not go through....this is another test..if you are reading this....it finally worked, however I cannot post a photo.

Bee
Old 11-10-2014, 05:56 PM

Hello Everyone....thought I would post a photo here to share with some of the Jade 2 group members. These are the blocks from the Jade 2 and RAB 2 Booms. I am working to finish up the king.....

Trying to post again......this is attempt # 14. The post appears and then when I login again it is gone....cannot post the photo here.

Sorry Bee
Old 11-10-2014, 06:21 PM

Yaaayyy! Finally got one to post. I posted the photo of progress on Christmas Sampler Quilt on my profile page in the Albums for each Boom. I am making 2 quilts from the blocks from the 2 Booms I participated in.

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who made such wonderful Christmas blocks. Have a blessed holiday!

Bee...

Hope you get this one.
Old 11-11-2014, 09:29 AM

Janice, have you decided if the next boom will be a 2,3, or 4 month swap? I know its a little soon to be asking questions about the "next one" when we just finished the last one ...NOT rushing you, just wondering if should start cutting yet before I know how many TO cut! Thanks for ALL you do with the swap...you sure make it run smoothly!!
Old 11-11-2014, 10:17 AM

Bee Betty,

Where HAVE you been ? We missed you! I even tried tracking you down in the UFO group.

Have you changed your mind and decided to join the next boom with us?
Old 11-11-2014, 12:39 PM

Default New Boom Info...

Funny you should ask that, Joanelizbay! We'll definitely have a 2 month group and I'm still debating the 4 month group. Most people finish their blocks long before the 4 months are up and interest is pretty much gone in that last month. I may drop the "long" group to 3 months. Not entirely sure yet on that, however I'm going to make it easier on myself this round and run small groups of no more than 20. i'm not even going to try for large groups as it's been impossible since the mailing changes a year ago. One other change, i'm going to REQUIRE everyone to post occasionally with updates. (If that had been in place last round, I might have been able to catch a problem before it ended up delaying the swap.)

Does that help at all? Will probably post the sign-up this weekend or first of next week. i'll also post it here so just check-in if you want an update.

Last edited by Janice McC; 11-11-2014 at 12:41 PM.
Old 11-11-2014, 02:45 PM

Do you have any idea yet when the F8s will be due to you?
Old 11-11-2014, 05:02 PM

id definately be interested in a 2 month and/or 3 month group! i agree about 4 months'''horrible waiting! ill be watching for sign ups!!!
Old 11-11-2014, 06:02 PM

I have enjoyed receiving my blocks for this swap and the workmanship on them are by far the best I have received in all the booms I have participated in since I joined the board. I do have one question so that I am very clear on the rules. Janice you have stated that you are going to require that all fabric must be pre-washed. Are you also meaning that every piece we put into someone's block must be washed first? To me that would be a little difficult, not knowing their fabric and color choices before hand. I can't imagine washing a couple of 3" squares and 3 or 4 2" squares to make someone a block. That is the reason I never wash my fabric to send out as I don't think all the fabric to make my block is pre washed. I would rather it all be washed at the same time and I always use color catchers to make sure that if in case they would be a bleeder fabric, which I try not to use because I have already tested them, I can prevent that.
Just asking a question and wondering if you are going to leave this up to the swap person's choice or if you have decided to make it a rule.
I cannot commit and say I would wash every single little piece I would add to someone's block. I hope you understand why I am asking, not be contankerous, just need to know your rules for sure.
If this is your decision that's fine, just need to know.
Old 11-11-2014, 06:21 PM

still looking for more fabric, need more blocks for my grand daughter's quilt. More brights will be coming your way.

terriamn