Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 13 "JADE" 2 month group >

Boom 13 "JADE" 2 month group

Boom 13 "JADE" 2 month group

Old 06-23-2014, 07:31 PM

Seasaw2much and everyone else, feel free to use any color in the block. At first I had another idea, but have changed my mind.

Mollymunchkin
Old 06-23-2014, 10:47 PM

Ok, I'm good either way but just wanted to be sure.

Originally Posted by mollymunchkin View Post
Seasaw2much and everyone else, feel free to use any color in the block. At first I had another idea, but have changed my mind.

Mollymunchkin
Old 06-24-2014, 06:47 AM

Originally Posted by Bee Beatty View Post

Moonrise, after seeing your fabric, I went into a state of obsession...digging into, pulling out and opening boxes .....trying to find that beautiful piece of fabric from the 2007 Kona Bay collection that I had to buy a few years back! I was thinking....where the heck did I put that.....it is perfect to design into this fabric.

Bee
I feel your pain. Kats Kid was at my place all last week. Every time I go for something it's not there. I'm now searching for scissors, pins, rulers, etc. Nothing is in the right place.

I did spend some time at the table in the garage and matched up several of the fabrics. TONIGHT: off to the kitchen to cut . . . and maybe the bedroom sew a little.
Old 06-24-2014, 07:25 AM

I received the F8's for both swaps yesterday. They are all so beautiful! Now to get started...Oh! Where do I start? Everything is ready, just have to choose complimenting fabrics. Oh! Of course patterns!
Machines are all cleaned and oiled, new needles in and new rotary blades in. Here I go!
Old 06-24-2014, 07:28 AM

Marcialee and mosher92 received our package yesterday. Now to get to work!!
Old 06-24-2014, 07:54 AM

I have a procedure question

I am not a prewasher and the rules are to use washed fabrics and I have no problem with that am just not sure the best way to go about this so for all you other non prewashers how do you proceed? Do you choose complementary fabrics and wash the whole piece then choose a pattern? Choose a pattern and fabrics cut what you think you'll need and wash? What works best for you?
Old 06-24-2014, 08:58 AM

Afternoon All . . . Received squishy . . . Let the Games Begin ! ! ! ! ! . . . .GP
Old 06-24-2014, 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by Billi View Post

I am not a prewasher and the rules are to use washed fabrics and I have no problem with that am just not sure the best way to go about this so for all you other non prewashers how do you proceed? Do you choose complementary fabrics and wash the whole piece then choose a pattern? Choose a pattern and fabrics cut what you think you'll need and wash? What works best for you?
I wash before I cut.
Old 06-24-2014, 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by Billi View Post

I am interested to see what others have to say about this subject. I do not prewash for myself and have never had a color run in one of my quilts. That's not to say they won't ever.
I do prewash when it is called for as in the this swap. I prewash then cut.
Phyllis
Old 06-24-2014, 01:19 PM

Ok thank you for the replies :-) I've never had run issues either but I want to follow the guidelines. So I picked out some coordinating fabrics and tosseded them into the washer. Except one that I'm using I had 6 yds of that I just cut some off of that one and rewound the board. Soooooo Groovy Pieces I read your request regarding the dark blue can it be a printed dark blue? Like tone on tone? Or with a dark blue with a dark tan print in it? Or do you prefer a solid dark blue? biblistone: did I miss some instrunctions? Or do I just get to go for it?

Last edited by Billi; 06-24-2014 at 01:22 PM.