Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 13 "JADE" 2 month group >

Boom 13 "JADE" 2 month group

Boom 13 "JADE" 2 month group

Old 06-23-2014, 07:22 AM

My package is here! I haven't opened it yet, but I'll check out all the pretties ASAP. It'll be Monday before I can start on anything, though. Hubby is off for vacation this week, and we're doing some MAJOR decluttering, followed by a 3-day yard sale this weekend.
Old 06-23-2014, 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by Billi View Post
I have the email not the package 🎁 yet. Bee your sewing room is beautiful and I am a tad jealous. I've been working on some things so I have quite the mess right now but at least I'll have the time to commit to the beautiful fabrics that are headed my way
OH BOY! To have a sewing room like that. I have one machine in my bedroom, one in the kitchen and "several" in the garage. I straight sew in the bedroom and zig zag in the kitchen.

I cut on the kitchen island and sandwich on the big table in the garage (I have an industrial sized garage bigger than my two bedroom apartment attached but it has no ac or heat.)

All my fabric is on shelves and in bins . . . in the garage.

So I start in the garage looking for matching material. Go to the kitchen and cut. Then go to the bedroom and sew and iron (my ironing board is in the bedroom) unless it's zig zag I need then I'm back in the kitchen. Did someone mention exercise?
Old 06-23-2014, 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by ArizonaKAT View Post
OH BOY! To have a sewing room like that. I have one machine in my bedroom, one in the kitchen and "several" in the garage. I straight sew in the bedroom and zig zag in the kitchen.

I cut on the kitchen island and sandwich on the big table in the garage (I have an industrial sized garage bigger than my two bedroom apartment attached but it has no ac or heat.)

All my fabric is on shelves and in bins . . . in the garage.

So I start in the garage looking for matching material. Go to the kitchen and cut. Then go to the bedroom and sew and iron (my ironing board is in the bedroom) unless it's zig zag I need then I'm back in the kitchen. Did someone mention exercise?
I got tired just reading that! LOL!

I wish we could turn our unfinished basement into a giant sewing room, but the basement steps are so steep, that with my bad knee, I'd probably go tumbling down them. There's no bathroom down there, so I'd have to walk out the garage door, go around the house, up the sidewalk (also steep), up the ramp Hubby built me, and in through the front door just to go potty. My knee would be calling me all sorts of naughty names, and after such a long walk, I probably wouldn't make it to the potty in time. LOL!

Last edited by moonrise; 06-23-2014 at 07:59 AM.
Old 06-23-2014, 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by moonrise View Post
I got tired just reading that! LOL!

I wish we could turn our unfinished basement into a giant sewing room, but the basement steps are so steep, that with my bad knee, I'd probably go tumbling down them. There's no bathroom down there, so I'd have to walk out the garage door, go around the house, up the sidewalk (also steep), up the ramp Hubby built me, and in through the front door just to go potty. My knee would be calling me all sorts of naughty names, and after such a long walk, I probably wouldn't make it to the potty in time. LOL!
You girls are killing me just reading it I need a nap. I have 1 word for you. . Catheter. Hey just an idea
Old 06-23-2014, 11:10 AM

I got my package today. Sure do have some pretty fabrics in there to play with! Now, just have to decide on what patterns I want ot use.
Old 06-23-2014, 03:12 PM

My package arrived, decided to do Kat's kid right away because I had some great Halloween fabric. Libster remember how I said I wasn't real organized. Yep can't find it . My sewing room flooded twice, first it was a grandchild and the second time it was the darn weather. Things got moved and I have no idea where I put it. Know where they were pre flood. Terriamn
Old 06-23-2014, 03:45 PM

Default Block for Moonrise - Fabric Choice

Hey Jade Boomers.......Its squishies galore in the house tonight! Have everything opened and in three ring binder. Started selecting patterns and fabrics. Just catching up reading all the posts and ROTFLOL! Who says quilting isn't good exercise!

All these fabrics are going to keep me dreaming about block designs tonight. I am headed into block making seclusion tomorrow. I have already told my DH that the kitchen will be closed tomorrow! (Except for periods of intense fabric cutting .

Moonrise, after seeing your fabric, I went into a state of obsession...digging into, pulling out and opening boxes .....trying to find that beautiful piece of fabric from the 2007 Kona Bay collection that I had to buy a few years back! I was thinking....where the heck did I put that.....it is perfect to design into this fabric. So much for organization! My sewing room now looks like it has been ravaged by high winds. I did find the fabric so not all is lost! This will be my first block for Boom 13. Moonrise, this fabric has endless possibilities with your fabric.

Here is a photo. I am wanting to go with a center finished at 6 inches showcasing the birds and then fussy cut for integrated smaller blocks. Any thoughts? The flowers also blend very well with your fabric.

Bee
Attached Thumbnails boomerang-13-jade-moonrise-block-3.jpg  
Old 06-23-2014, 03:46 PM

Default 2nd Attachment

Another view of the same fabric
Attached Thumbnails boomerang-13-jade-moonrise-block.jpg  
Old 06-23-2014, 03:48 PM

I got mine in today also and boy are these going to be fun to play with.

I do have one question for Mollymunchkin, I'm posting it here in case someone else needs the answer to.
You wrote on the label to "match the green in the fabric" my question is, "Is that the only color you want used in your block? or are you just saying that if green is used to be sure it matches?"
Old 06-23-2014, 04:51 PM

Love the squishies that came in the mail today! Fun, fun fun.

Bee love your sewing room. I really need to organize. I just tend to go from project to project & forget all of the cleanup. Oh well. More time to sew then.

So Kat's kid, are you game for a goblin, witch or some other fun Halloween design, instead of the the traditional pieced block? I've Loved Halloween ever since I had a Halloween baby quite a few years ago. I call my Halloween daughter my Halloween ghoul. Halloween is her favorite time of year.