Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: BOOM 13 - Sign-ups Closed

Blog Entries
    We could start a "Born on the 13th Club"

Quote Originally Posted by Libster View Post
    HA! We have you beat!

"Arizona KAT - born August 13

KatsKid - born March 13

KatsKidsKid (AZTess1) - born February 13

13 doesn't scare us :-)

KAT"

August 13 is my DD#1's birthday too.

Fingers crossed!

Quote Originally Posted by Bluelady View Post
    Thinking about it..

Update: 18 names so far including one person who has never done a Boom before and two who haven't participated since the rules changes. Wow, this is a terrific start! Welcome to everyone!

Hey I'm a feb. 13th one too!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ArizonaKAT View Post
    HA! We have you beat!

Arizona KAT - born August 13

KatsKid - born March 13

KatsKidsKid (AZTess1) - born February 13

13 doesn't scare us :-)

KAT

I'm in!

DH's work situation has been changing a bit (less play money - waah!), so I'm trying not to buy any fabric until things settle down. I tried to go stash-shopping, but each piece of fabric either seemed boring, or I didn't have enough of it. What to do? What to do?

Finally I reached waaaaay, waaaaay back into my stash cabinet, and A-HA!! There it was.

I had participated in an oriental-themed F8 swap here on the board awhile back. I'd put them away for safe-keeping, and had totally forgotten about them. There sat the prettiest stack of F8s, already cut, and ready to go!

Here's a photo. I signed up for a large group.

Name:  boom13-allfabrics.JPG
Views: 148
Size:  519.0 KB
    Have a wonderful day! If you need to contact me, please use the e-mail address on my profile page. Sometimes I don't get notifications that I have a PM here. Please note that I'm usually unavailable on weekends, but I'll get back to you on Monday.

Moonrise,

So glad you are in. Love your idea because.........I am thinking of a Christmas quilt, so into my stash as well and sending all different F8's of seasonal fabrics. Already playing and washing!

Quote Originally Posted by moonrise View Post
    I'm in!

DH's work situation has been changing a bit (less play money - waah!), so I'm trying not to buy any fabric until things settle down. I tried to go stash-shopping, but each piece of fabric either seemed boring, or I didn't have enough of it. What to do? What to do?

Finally I reached waaaaay, waaaaay back into my stash cabinet, and A-HA!! There it was.

I had participated in an oriental-themed F8 swap here on the board awhile back. I'd put them away for safe-keeping, and had totally forgotten about them. There sat the prettiest stack of F8s, already cut, and ready to go!

Here's a photo. I signed up for a large group.

Name:  boom13-allfabrics.JPG
Views: 148
Size:  519.0 KB

Seems that the "Gang" is coming together nicely, Ladies! Loving all these names I'm seeing. Oh, did I mention..my F8s have been washed, cut and wrapped for quite a while now. They're just patiently waiting to go out.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...56-albums.html

take time to build memories with the kids

Oh my gosh I'm excited too I spent a good part of yesterday washing and ironing my 30's reprints I really hope to get into a large grou too, I also started looking for block patterns just to get head thinking that way. The Asians are beautiful and what a good idea to use holiday prints.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Billi
    It's never too late to have a happy childhood

Wyoming in the summer, Florida in the winter
    Blog Entries
    Now you all have me thinking with your wonderful pics. I bought several of the fabrics for the state flowers and was going to use it for a boom and never did. Will have to look into that today and see what I come up with. Thanks for the ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Billi View Post
    Oh my gosh I'm excited too I spent a good part of yesterday washing and ironing my 30's reprints I really hope to get into a large grou too, I also started looking for block patterns just to get head thinking that way. The Asians are beautiful and what a good idea to use holiday prints.

Oh my gosh! I love your fabrics! I can't wait to work with one of those.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...56-albums.html

take time to build memories with the kids

Blog Entries
    Oh moon...I LOVE the 3rd row down, blue F8.....just saying!
    People may not remember what you looked like or what you said but they will always remember how you made them feel!

This is the link to my albums for all Boom swaps.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...99-albums.html

Love the Asian prints. I have what to me is some luscious fabric to use for this swap, not my usual style at all but something about it keeps calling my name.

Moonrise I am 99% certain my dream will come true and I will be offered a severance package in November so I will be able to retire 5 months early. Have been trying to build my stash up to get ready for non stop sewing time Terriamn

Mine too libster, i hit a fat quarter sale awhile back...

my fabric

Name:  new fab.jpg
Views: 145
Size:  153.6 KB This is my fabric it is much brighter then the picture. Terriamn

Quote Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
Size:  153.6 KB This is my fabric it is much brighter then the picture. Terriamn
    This is great fabric to play with...love it. Fall colors my guess!

Buzzy Bee

Quote Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
    This is so pretty so many possibilities, the colors are terrific I'm always drawn to fall colors too.
    Billi

Blog Entries
    I may send out a few packages with two fabrics - I need a few more blocks and I'll be ready for my big quilt. The rest I am going to try and get some girl/boy blocks for upcoming baby projects.

I signed up for one of each of whatever happens. Yea for being an unemployed grad student (means I can spend all my time sewing)!
    Mischief Managed.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMamaHauser View Post
    I may send out a few packages with two fabrics - I need a few more blocks and I'll be ready for my big quilt. The rest I am going to try and get some girl/boy blocks for upcoming baby projects.

I signed up for one of each of whatever happens. Yea for being an unemployed grad student (means I can spend all my time sewing)!
    There you are! Was hoping you were joining this super group! Look forward to swapping with you again!
    Bee

Beautiful Blocks

Quote Originally Posted by Libster View Post
    Seems that the "Gang" is coming together nicely, Ladies! Loving all these names I'm seeing. Oh, did I mention..my F8s have been washed, cut and wrapped for quite a while now. They're just patiently waiting to go out.
    Libster! Thanks for the beautiful block from Boom 11! I love all my blocks from the Boom S&E Group. The color choice and block design gave the inspiration to my center medallion. The quilt is underway!
    Still trying to get feedback entered

Buzzy Bee

So I went back and looked at pictures from past booms I think I am intimidated! I saw some really really great stuff where do you guys get your block ideas? Do you use patterns for them? Books? Magazines? On line? Please give me some hints and secrets on your beautiful work.

Also in reading the directions it says I should use removable labels on my baggies is there a particular label you use? Or way you do it that works for you?

Thanks for the hints
    Billi

Quote Originally Posted by Bee Beatty View Post
    Ok ...looks like the gang is buzzing again! Looking forward to sharing the summer together!

Hey There JC . . . .Happy Birthday. . . . Have A Great Day ! ! ! ! !

Hello All. . . . I'm In. . . . E-mail sent . . .
    [/QUOTE]

Meant Feb 13th -- not May but thanks!

Jane
    Jane

Hello Billi, Please don't be intimidated! We have swappers of all skill levels here and this is a great opportunity to learn new things. Last round, one of our swappers introduced some of us to a series of templates from which you can make lots of interesting blocks. There are plenty of books out, try your local library, or go to one of the many quilting sites including Quilterscache.com and you'll see lots and lots of blocks with fairly detailed instructions. Also, just look around this board and you'll find lots of blocks you like and oftentimes, you can simply recreate it by looking at it. Anyone else have other suggestions?

As for the labels, just any old label will do, as long as you write your board name on there so everyone knows which fabric is yours. You can also put a note inside describing any color suggestions you might like. For example, if you want blues and greens you can put that down or if you absolutely do not want orange, write that down.

Hope that helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Billi View Post
    So I went back and looked at pictures from past booms I think I am intimidated! I saw some really really great stuff where do you guys get your block ideas? Do you use patterns for them? Books? Magazines? On line? Please give me some hints and secrets on your beautiful work.

Also in reading the directions it says I should use removable labels on my baggies is there a particular label you use? Or way you do it that works for you?

Thanks for the hints

Here's my fabric:

Jane
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Jane

Quote Originally Posted by jclinganrey View Post
    Here's my fabric:

Jane
    Beautiful floral....love pretty florals!

Yes, I was a new Boom Swapper last round. Some wonderful quilter pointed me to www.quilterscache.com....school to the bottom of the home page and find "Blocks Galore"...click and find Blocks by Size.....then click 12 Inch ...and the list is terrific. The instructions easy to follow. I had a great time making new designs . Love that sight! Opened up a whole new world to this beginner!

QUOTE=Janice McC;6717142]Hello Billi, Please don't be intimidated! We have swappers of all skill levels here and this is a great opportunity to learn new things. Last round, one of our swappers introduced some of us to a series of templates from which you can make lots of interesting blocks. There are plenty of books out, try your local library, or go to one of the many quilting sites including Quilterscache.com and you'll see lots and lots of blocks with fairly detailed instructions. Also, just look around this board and you'll find lots of blocks you like and oftentimes, you can simply recreate it by looking at it. Anyone else have other suggestions?

As for the labels, just any old label will do, as long as you write your board name on there so everyone knows which fabric is yours. You can also put a note inside describing any color suggestions you might like. For example, if you want blues and greens you can put that down or if you absolutely do not want orange, write that down.

Hope that helps.[/QUOTE]

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast