Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 14 - April - 3 month group >

Boom 14 - April - 3 month group

Boom 14 - April - 3 month group

Old 12-27-2014, 09:02 AM

I'm here... scarcy looking hair, racoonish eyes, in my PJ's still cuz I'm home alllll alone (well with the 2 cats, but they don't care as long as I feed them) so I got to sleep in! Yeah yeah yeah...just doesn't happen very often!

Enjoying my coffee, browsing and I'll even give you a little more TMI....

Thought my computer was going haywire as the screen kept bouncing and scrolling like crazy ... couldn't figure what was up until I leaned back and realized a "certain appendage" had been on the space bar while I was hitting other keys and nothing would work. Okay, don't laugh and spit your coffee, I did say I was in my PJ's.

(mmmmm now wondering if that is too much participation???)
Old 12-27-2014, 12:38 PM

Well, I just went and looked up your info and was relieved you are female!! lol lol lol
Old 12-28-2014, 12:29 AM

Hello ladies - sorry to have been a cause for concern and/or a source of drama for the group. I'm happy to report I have all my ducks in a row and F8s FedEx'd to Janice. It's been a rough month or so around my house as my DH was kind enough to bring the flu bug home from work and somehow we all managed to pass it along one to another instead of the whole house being sick all at once. Add that to a difficult holiday season for us as it is the first w/out my dear father-in-law and hopefully you can begin to understand how I misread the details of our BOOM and for some reason thought our mailing deadline was Dec. 27th. Maybe it was just wishful thinking that I would have a little more time to get all my errands done. I did manage to take a quick picture of my 2 fabrics and hope to post that later today with the help of my 17y/o son and resident tech advisor. Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas! I'm looking forward to getting to know all our members during this swap!

Chris
Old 12-28-2014, 05:32 AM

No worries, Chris, your ducks are just fine! If you look on this thread and the March thread, you will find that most of us have been down with a bug and various other ailments. It's been a rough Christmas, health-wise, for a lot of us. And, as it turns out, one package for another member is in the mail somewhere. it should have been here on Friday or Saturday but no such luck. It sometimes happens at the holidays. Fingers crossed it turns up Monday or Tuesday. !
Originally Posted by craftyone27 View Post
Hello ladies - sorry to have been a cause for concern and/or a source of drama for the group. I'm happy to report I have all my ducks in a row and F8s FedEx'd to Janice. It's been a rough month or so around my house as my DH was kind enough to bring the flu bug home from work and somehow we all managed to pass it along one to another instead of the whole house being sick all at once. Add that to a difficult holiday season for us as it is the first w/out my dear father-in-law and hopefully you can begin to understand how I misread the details of our BOOM and for some reason thought our mailing deadline was Dec. 27th. Maybe it was just wishful thinking that I would have a little more time to get all my errands done. I did manage to take a quick picture of my 2 fabrics and hope to post that later today with the help of my 17y/o son and resident tech advisor. Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas! I'm looking forward to getting to know all our members during this swap!

Chris
Old 12-28-2014, 01:00 PM

I went to post the F8s on Wednesday for overnight delivery and I did not have enough money to actually post the package. I am very embarrassed and ashamed that I didn't have enough money.

I wanted to be honest with everyone here as to the reason for the delay.

I will be posting the F8s tomorrow for overnight delivery but if anyone has concerns about me participating due to this delay, I understand.

My check drops in tomorrow and I will post the F8s.
Old 12-28-2014, 01:59 PM

I wouldn't have had money for overnight either after Christmas! As Janice has said ..she gave herself a few extra days due to holiday so Im fine with it Ruth! Still not feeling good..laid down on couch about 1 and just now at 4 pm woke up..missed Fons and Porter on PBS Hope this goes away soon!
Old 12-28-2014, 02:20 PM

No worries about the money issue - I had mine delivered for two day am delivery for $20 with FedEx. When she said $60 for overnight delivery I almost passed out at the counter! I'm sure most folks are a bit tight w/money so soon after Christmas but I would have reacted the same way to the $60 price any old time of the year - lol!
Old 12-28-2014, 03:16 PM

Kassaundra, did you just say that!!! ROFLMAO well thanks for that laugh I needed it!!

Anyway, I've been sick myself, not exactly the flue but my family members keep bringing their colds and dropping them off at my house. I have finally told them to stay away from me!!!! I'm so sore from all the coughing, my ribs & back hurt just sitting up.

I haven't been able to do any sewing in 2 months because my house has been so full of everyone else crap. That is all gone now and I'm finally able to set up my sewing again but I'm so sore I don't feel like it. That sucks!!!! I figure that if I wait until after the first of the year, then I'll hopefully be better since I kicked everyone out. LOL I didn't really, they finally was able to moved on to their own places.

If you don't hear from me, I'm resting so don't worry. If something crazy happens, I will email Janice so she will know.
Old 12-28-2014, 04:11 PM

That was my 3rd version, I kept trying to make it more appropriate since sometimes my paramedic sense of humor gets me in trouble. lol
Old 12-28-2014, 04:46 PM

OK, ladies, a gentle reminder...most USPS FLAT RATE PRIORTY envelopes will be here in 2 days from almost everywhere in the US except the far west and Alaska and Hawaii. It costs $6...please, please, please do NOT spend $20 to overnight!!! While most everyone knows I try to keep my dates firm, in this case I had built in some extra time due to the holidays. If you have not yet mailed Ruthee, please send usps 2 day priority - not express overnight. It should be here by Wednesday from your town.