Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 14 - March, 2 month group >

Boom 14 - March, 2 month group

Boom 14 - March, 2 month group

Old 03-13-2015, 06:52 AM

Sea, I'm so sorry. You need to see a doctor and sort it out later. You could be doing more damage. I'm a huge advocate of chiropractors. Hope your insurance company comes through soon. Keep annoying them till you get some relief.
Old 03-13-2015, 06:54 AM

Bee, I'm up for the retreat. Please don't make it while I'm moving. I know for a fact that my featherweight fits under the seat but you'll need to check your baggage . . . and that costs money.
Old 03-13-2015, 06:55 AM

Got my blocks yesterday. Put them on the wall of shame . . . in no particular order. Thanks everyone. The blocks are amazing. Now waiting for the April blocks.
Old 03-13-2015, 06:56 AM

Oops forgot the pic.
Attached Thumbnails finishedblocks.png  
Old 03-13-2015, 06:58 AM

AND, now for the challenge. FINISHED! I think this one was from Boom 13. I sent a few different fabrics. It's kinda on the small side so I'm off to finish another one.
Attached Thumbnails flowerquiltfinished.png  
Old 03-13-2015, 07:01 AM

Oh, my! I'm there...what's the date???
Originally Posted by Difergie View Post
[ATTACH=CONFIG]513343[/ATTACH]I have 4+ guest rooms in an old victorian, looking for company!
Old 03-13-2015, 07:03 AM

Wow, Kat, just terrific! Congratulations on a fine finish!
Originally Posted by ArizonaKAT View Post
AND, now for the challenge. FINISHED! I think this one was from Boom 13. I sent a few different fabrics. It's kinda on the small side so I'm off to finish another one.
Old 03-13-2015, 07:07 AM

(((((Sea)))) Many gentle hugs!!! I'm so sorry to hear about this. I'll send you an email later today but for now, more gentle hugs...and some tissues...

Originally Posted by seasaw2mch View Post
sorry I haven't been in lately but things aren't going to good right now. I'm trying really hard just to sit up long enough to write this and it's killing me.
I just checked my emails for the first time in over a week and saw the Janice sent out the blocks.
I see that my blocks have been delivered but since I'm about 1/2 a mile away from the mail box, I'm not sure when I will get them. As far as the challenge quilt, that is out for now, maybe I can get back on it later.

Just so you know, I fell on the ice about 2 weeks ago, landed on my back with my leg twisted up be hide me. I thought I was OK but within about 2 days things went south. I can't sit more then about 5 minutes or I have pains in my lower spine and hips. Can't go to the doctor because our insurance company still hasn't give me a doctor that I can see that they will pay for. So, I'm winging it. DH is sick with some sort of sinus crap and I think I'm now getting it too. That's why I'm up at this hour, 3:15AM. Can't sleep for coughing and can't sit up, what's next????

Well, I have to go, but I will try to come back later on to catch up on things. I just wanted to let you all know that the blocks are here, it just might take a while to actually get them.

Thanks for all the blocks, I'm sure they will be beautiful in a quilt.
Old 03-13-2015, 07:17 AM

I just checked and your town is less than THREE HOURS from me. Done deal!

Originally Posted by Bee Beatty View Post
Hello Boomers! Been a "busy bee" the last few days.....seems like the days are flying by. My blocks came today are they are all wonderful. Just got them out and pressed and put up at random on the design wall. I am still trying to get my Boom 11 top finished up. Hopefully photos over the weekend. Then onto the next UFO......the poppy quilt I made in a mystery quilt class I took a couple of years ago. The top is finished just need to piece the backing and take to long arm.

Now....lets get down to business on the "Boomer's Retreat"! Difergi and I ran away for a girl's lunch and a movie yesterday. Almost simultaneously we both said,"We could do a great retreat here in Sweetwater"! We decided to go for it.

I have 2 spare bedrooms and a 1 bedroom guest cottage....on 17 acres in town with a large outdoor pool and lots of room to accommodate travel homes. Di has the B&B experience in the Historic District and the Whistle Stop Quilt Retreat is only a few miles up the road. Historic Downtown shopping is walkable offering many boutique shops. The Willow Creek Community Center here in my neighborhood has the perfect room to set up our machines for all night quilting if necessary. I have lots of photos.....PM me your e-mail and I will send you overview. This could be a great way to spend time together and save our money for quilt shops within 20 miles. Let's go for it.

Hey we are not getting any younger....maybe we just can make this happen. What's meant to be will find its way.

Pictures to follow!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]513339[/ATTACH]
Nana's Giggle Quilt---in the making!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]513340[/ATTACH]

Whistle Stop Quilt Retreat - 5 minutes from downtown ( www.whistlestopquiltretreat.com

[ATTACH=CONFIG]513341[/ATTACH]
Downtown Sweetwater

[ATTACH=CONFIG]513342[/ATTACH]

Willow Creek Community Center
Old 03-13-2015, 08:40 AM

Sea....what a bummer....falling on the ice.....bugger! You need a giant boo-boo sticker! Be gentle and patient with yourself. Good time to pamper yourself.....maybe in-home massage and essential oil treatment.....pedicure, etc. Good book....herbal tea. The discomfort is annoying as heck....hug. Do you have help at home?

Kat.....you are rockin' it! I am still working here like the tortoise..... as you hop right past me...I know the finish line is out there...I just can't see it overtop the quilt blocks!.

Billi....about the Retreat.....there's nothing about this group that calls to mind the word, "retreat"....maybe "round-up" is better. As to what we are thinking....well, I guess we are just beginning to think. We certainly have all the pieces and the parts to build a great escape and even include our DH's if desired. Lot's to do for them too. DiFergi's in-home Literary Pub and Card Room is always open! My Swim and Splash Pool and Cabana is fitted with diving board, sunbrellas, swings and recliners.....and swimming in shorts is permitted . Between us we have 8 private bedrooms, (King and Queen) plenty of bathrooms and places for RV's .....all adding up to free stay.

The owners of the The Whistle Stop Quilt Retreat would be open to anything quilting that we would want to set up.....I thought if quilting is mission....I am sure we could work out paying the class room charge for a couple of days and set up there.

Or we could use our Willow Creek Community Center for no charge ...seats 40, has a full kitchen and restrooms.

Or if we just want to escape to play and leave the machines behind...I would be happy to organize ...say...a 5-day stay with a list of things to do .....

These are ideas to throw at the velcro to see what sticks. Could be very soon to planning for fall. a couple of small groups to larger group.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]513377[/ATTACH]

Let's see what evolves. Best weather windows are late April -May and mid-September - Nov. 1st.
Attached Thumbnails cannon-avenue-pool.jpg