Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 14 - March, 2 month group >

Boom 14 - March, 2 month group

Boom 14 - March, 2 month group

Old 02-22-2015, 07:13 PM

Hi folks! sorry I've been out but I got my fabric in and wanted to jump on this thing before it became a permanent UFO.
So all the blocks are done and sewn together and the borders are on. Now I need to get some batting and figure out how I'm going to do this. I have NEVER quilted a quilt before, I have always tied them but I'm debating if I should try my hand at it. Any suggestion????

Also, Bee, I love your monkey, you should put it aside and come back later and finish it. He's so cute. and that youtube video was so funny, I almost peed on myself.

Janice!!!!! Happy Birthday!!!!!!!! and many more....
Mine was the 13th and I did pretty much the same, had a nice quit day of sewing. They told me I wouldn't make it to 60 but I can now prove them wrong!!!! LOL

Everyone has made such pretty blocks it's hard to pick a favorite, keep up the great work and thanks for all the pretty ones that you made for me.
Attached Thumbnails dscn1830.jpg   dscn1832.jpg  
Old 02-22-2015, 07:53 PM

I'd sew the green on, measure and see what you have, then add maybe a darker green or "color" and see what you come up with. If your other blocks are 12 1/2" that center needs to be 60 1/2" for them to fit...5 across the top and bottom and 4 down each side. Then you could add another type of border if you want it bigger than 60 1/2" square
Old 02-22-2015, 08:12 PM

OMGosh...my belly laugh of the day!!!!!!! Thank you, Bee!
Originally Posted by Bee Beatty View Post
Remember this when you go for the cake!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiXCZ-Ew0b0
Old 02-22-2015, 08:21 PM

I'm finally going for it now. Was so busy playing with my fabrics today, and hyped up on caffeine, that I took the dogs out for a late walk in the rain, and finally, FINALLY, it's time for that scotch!

Btw, I'm so stuck on Bee's block that I've been practicing every avoidance technique known to me, up to and including working on half a dozen quilting projects EXCEPT the one block I MUST do. Good grief! I should have known I was in trouble when I realized I had to be creative. I never cultivated creativity until very recently and it's not at all easy. Hence, today became a play day, just having fun and teaching myself (allowing myself??) to be more creative. Bee, the stuff I go through for you Boomers! Oh, dear. All that admin is NOTHING compared to this one block!
Originally Posted by jaba View Post
Happy Birthday! Have a great day, skip the coffee and just go with the scotch
Old 02-22-2015, 08:24 PM

You're not a bit late, today's the day. Besides, someone let the cat out of the bag and surprised me by posting it here. Thank you for your good wishes!
Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
Janice happy belated birthday, sorry I'm late
Old 02-22-2015, 09:03 PM

Janice,

Hope your birthday was super! Just reading your post is the perfect ending to a really good day. I spent the afternoon with my mother, just the two of us talking. I am not sure which one of us is the most confused I was trying to tell her about starting bean plants in the greenhouse next week so the little plants would have time to grow strong before transplanting in a couple of months. She was trying to tell me not to plant too many green bean plants....because DelMonte will do all that for me for less than a dollar a can.

And giving myself permission to create any block I want...that is not easy! Not to worry......maybe just a note that says, "Delmonte Green Beans....less than a dollar a can!

Originally Posted by Janice McC View Post
I'm finally going for it now. Was so busy playing with my fabrics today, and hyped up on caffeine, that I took the dogs out for a late walk in the rain, and finally, FINALLY, it's time for that scotch!

Btw, I'm so stuck on Bee's block that I've been practicing every avoidance technique known to me, up to and including working on half a dozen quilting projects EXCEPT the one block I MUST do. Good grief! I should have known I was in trouble when I realized I had to be creative. I never cultivated creativity until very recently and it's not at all easy. Hence, today became a play day, just having fun and teaching myself (allowing myself??) to be more creative. Bee, the stuff I go through for you Boomers! Oh, dear. All that admin is NOTHING compared to this one block!
Old 02-22-2015, 09:11 PM

Love seeing all the UFOs that are becoming finished quilts! SeaSaw....love the colors and workmanship.....Thanks Jaba for the advice. Really helped. Kass, love your UFO project! Great to see everyone's creativity!

Terri....your photo looks like our back yard! Buurrrrrr! Sunshine...come out, come out wherever you are.
Old 02-22-2015, 09:53 PM

The Challenge? HA.. for me it is to get the blocks done in time! I am gonna have to sneak some time away from work this week..
I shall push 'em through!
Old 02-23-2015, 07:55 AM

Catching up on the weekend's posts.

Bee, I agree with Janice, the center needs a frame. You're on your own after that. My process is complete the top and then add borders until it fits the bed.

Ladies, your UFOs are wonderful. I feel that my challenge quilt is WAY less challenging than any of yours.

Janice, happy belated birthday. Hope that scotch tasted good . . . and wishing you no morning after headache.

AZ KAT
Old 02-23-2015, 08:34 AM

I'm almost ashamed to post my "Challenge" since it is probably basic, at least by most of your standards.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]511313[/ATTACH]
This is a pic of a recent swap, Scrappy Trips, with Jclinganrey. I took this pic on 2/18. (Sorry, the first was done with my cell phone and the color always stinks.)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]511314[/ATTACH]
The next one was taken this morning. The colors are more accurate. I spent a nice evening piecing the blocks together so now, omgosh, I've got to sandwich it and quilt it. i originally planned to put borders on it but to get out of this rut I'm in, I've got to sandwich it asap and get it on the machine. I'm just going quilt it vertically with straight lines and then see where to go from there. We'll see.
Attached Thumbnails 20150218-copy.jpg   jj-20150222-copy.jpg