Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 14 - Sign-Ups Open Thru 12/6 (or sooner if spaces fill early) >

Boom 14 - Sign-Ups Open Thru 12/6 (or sooner if spaces fill early)

Boom 14 - Sign-Ups Open Thru 12/6 (or sooner if spaces fill early)

Old 11-26-2014, 08:02 AM

I just took my pumpkin pies out of the oven. (Had to sneak another taste of that cranberry relish that was posted on here a few days ago. People-that stuff is fab-u-lous!!! You have to try it.) My house smells so good today!
Old 11-26-2014, 08:10 AM

Sitting at work hoping they let us go home early.

Need to get back to my Christmas quilt before Bee gets ahead of me . . .

For all of you traveling for the holiday, please be careful. Bad weather is hitting the east coast. I'm planting myself in the desert, 80 degree and sunny forecast for tomorrow.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

AZKAT
Old 11-26-2014, 08:53 AM

Kass, I LOVE the way you put those star blocks together. Do you have a pattern for arranging blocks like that? Id love to try it someday!! Crazy Missouri weather...snowed from 7 am until about 9, roads were VERY slick driving to work this morning...now the suns out and its suppose to be in the 40's this afternoon and 50's this weekend. Everyone have a VERY Happy Thanksgiving!! Be safe.
Old 11-26-2014, 09:33 AM

Cooling my jets at work too. Very quiet as majority of folks took the day off. So don't tell, I'm playing on the internet! Can I donate a UFO for someone to finish for me?????

If I get the top finished and the back delivered to the longarmer does that count? I have never sent a top out to be quilted, that is why there are so many in the "laundry basket".

Happy Thanksgiving and safe travel for you on the cold side of the country!
Old 11-26-2014, 09:35 AM

[QUOTE=quilt addict;6985113] Can I donate a UFO for someone to finish for me?????

Ha, Ha . . . that's funny!
Old 11-26-2014, 11:11 AM

My gingerbread is in the oven now and when that comes out, the pumpkin pies will go in. Boy, does my house smell wonderful.

I wish you all a safe and happy Thanksgiving!
Old 11-26-2014, 03:54 PM

I can't guarantee a finish - but I will attempt to get a top done from the Boom 13. Considering I am working 50-60 hours a week until Christmas, it will be a challenge!!
All us RV'rs (working at Amazon which is across the street from the RV park )will be getting off early tomorrow and planning on a potluck at the rec hall. looked at the sign up list and looks like we will have a turkey, ham and all the trimmings. Can't wait to enjoy. In our travels we have eaten Thanksgiving dinner with so many people in different states. Here we have RVing AND work in common!
Enjoy your day and weekend, and don't break the bank with Black Friday and Cyber Monday.
Old 11-26-2014, 04:02 PM

kass your star quilt is great, are you going to quilt wonderfull patterns in the big open boxes?

Billi i love bright quilts, I make them but always give them away and the ones I keep are usually muted colors

hubby had today off, he is the main cook. House smelt wonderful but sure bad for my diet. Snowed here today but had to go out for my yearly physical. My doctor retired and saw a new one today, she graduated last year, young enough to be my granddaughter but boy was she through

Happy thanksgiving everyone
Old 11-26-2014, 04:29 PM

Thanks guys. No I don't have a pattern just kind drew it out one row has 12.5 inch star blocks w/ light colored border alternating w/ white 12.5 inch squares bordered on top and bottom w/ dark border, then next row is 12.5 inch star blocks w/o any border alternating w/ 12.5 white block w/ dark blue borders on left and right side then repeat each row.

These are already quilted. Quilting has never been my forte', remember my statement about not even being in the same time zone as "the box" well I wasn't kidding here is my quilt back
Attached Thumbnails dsc_0445.jpg  
Old 11-27-2014, 07:50 AM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]500320[/ATTACH] Have a great Turkey day...love to all
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg