Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 14 - Sign-Ups Open Thru 12/6 (or sooner if spaces fill early) >

Boom 14 - Sign-Ups Open Thru 12/6 (or sooner if spaces fill early)

Boom 14 - Sign-Ups Open Thru 12/6 (or sooner if spaces fill early)

Old 11-25-2014, 02:26 PM

Update on Sign-ups. Here's the latest list. If you know anyone who is fence-sitting, give them a little boost, would you? While I'd like to get 16 to 18 per group, I'll work with any size up to 20 per group as long as you all are satisfied.

2 month group

1. Billi
2. TravelingGramma
3. BeeBeatty
4. Libster
5. Terriam
6. Seasaw2mch
7. Joanelizbay
8. ArizonaKAT
9. Moonrise
10. Ljdugas
11. Jaba
12. Janice McC
13. DiFergie

3 month group:

1. Billi
2. Terriamn
3. Seasaw2mch
4. Joanelizbay
5. Bibliostone
6. Kassaundra
7. ArizonaKAT
8. Moonrise
9. Ljdugas
10. Quilt Addict
11. Craftyone27
12. Sunrise450
13. Ruthee-JAX
14. Jaba
Old 11-25-2014, 02:29 PM

"Que sera, sera...." Yup, I hear it too, AZKat. And I see Doris Day singing it. OK, now I'm really dating myself!
Originally Posted by ArizonaKAT View Post
I hear them saying "go ahead, sign up. You know you want to".
Old 11-25-2014, 02:31 PM

Wow, am loving this Terriamn! Lovely colors. Your mom will be thrilled!!!
Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
I also have a few projects to get done. This is the number 1 priority, Contray Wife for my mom made strictly from my stash. Would like to add one to each row but am running out of the light Blues that look white in the picture. Still have all the bottom sashing etc to do. Just making it up as I go. This will be finished when top is completed, sister is insisting on tieing it. Not happy with that but Mom will get it quicker that way. Rather then waiting for me to quilt it[ATTACH=CONFIG]500165[/ATTACH]
Old 11-25-2014, 03:42 PM

The ufo I am working on,
The good news 4 of the 7 rows are finished, but all the other "rows" are still individual blocks.
Attached Thumbnails dsc_0444.jpg  
Old 11-25-2014, 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by Janice McC View Post
Bluelady, I believe it is illegal to ask a job applicant's age unless it's to be sure a person is at least 18. Any HR rep should know this...the question may be asked after a person is hired.

I hope they recognize your experience and hire you, Good luck!
Unfortunately, while age discrimination is illegal, it is not illegal to ask your age. In this case, they needed for the background check authorization form, which.. if I refused to give them, makes it look as though I am hiding something.
All I am hiding is my stash...
and, sadly.. it is NOT a drug stash.
I am a fabriholic.
Old 11-25-2014, 05:06 PM

Hello ladies,
Terriamn your contrary wife quilt is really pretty I love the colors. . I'm currently at an age when I have all the windows open and Mr. Bill need a "wife" quilt haha
Kassaundra that is very pretty someday I'll try qayg I just have not been brave enough yet.

Bluelady am still pulling for you and hoping they see the value of you and your experience.

This is the quilt binding from hell that I had to get off my ufo list before I could start another project . the lovely young lady at the top is my "third" daughter. This was her wedding present. It's called sunrise Highway and you might need a pair of sunglasses :-)
Attached Thumbnails 20141125_141235_resized.jpg  
Old 11-25-2014, 05:14 PM

My husband and I are both VERY cold natured, we both need extra covers, mostly b/c the other one steals them all. I am actually looking forward to hot flashes I may actually get warm.
Old 11-25-2014, 06:09 PM

OMGosh!.....I took the day to sew sashing (more and wider sashing)......to advance the completion of my UFO and stay comfortably ahead of AZKat. Just checked in here for a quick update.....and I find myself buzzing a few bars of "que sera, sera, what ever will be, will be!

So now I learn that Bluelady doesn't mind telling her age, AZKat is ready for a crash course in "Quilting As You Go" , and several of you are jumping in to take the UFO Challenge 12-24. That's a mighty powerful song!

Sunrise - take the challenge....its amazing how it generates a crystal clear focus. Without the challenge to finish all the way through the binding on my king Christmas quilt...well lets say I would have just put it aside and decided I would finish it for next Christmas.

So who is in on the Challenge? Pick a project that could be completed by December 24th midnight and photo posted here. Queen, King, 2 wife-size or equal to.....and press in! Needle down! Peddle to the metal! Kass, there is a class you can purchase on Craftsy.com that teaches "Quilting as you Go". It is very good, in case anyone asks! All these beautiful near-finished quilts that could be someone's Christmas joy this year!

Bluelady-hold steady to your belief in your self and your experience will shine through - I worked in a large accounting department some years ago with all young women, just starting out with college degrees. Competition between them was fierce. So we hired a more mature gentleman with a tremendous work history - who they all loved - and things started getting done. You got this!

Janice, is it true that I see you name on the list of participants this time around...??? How much fun is that? Looking forward to swapping with you. You have been so committed to making these Boom such a wonderful experience for us all...it is time for you to play, too!

Back to mission control...the night is young and I only have one more row to sash..borders are cut and waiting in the wings.

"Que sera, sera, whatever will be --will be---the future's not mine to see....que sera, sera!

Zzzzzz
Old 11-26-2014, 02:53 AM

Everyone, have a happy, SAFE Thanksgiving.
Old 11-26-2014, 06:57 AM

Happy Thanksgiving everyone....I have so much to be thankful for and each of you are on my list! Wishing you many blessings....off to make pies for tomorrow. Hope to get some sewing in over the weekend.

Be Safe,
Bee