Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Boom 14 - Sign-Ups Open Thru 12/6 (or sooner if spaces fill early) >
  • Boom 14 - Sign-Ups Open Thru 12/6 (or sooner if spaces fill early)

• Boom 14 - Sign-Ups Open Thru 12/6 (or sooner if spaces fill early)

Old 12-03-2014, 06:57 AM

Originally Posted by joanelizbay
    We can put ALL the F8s in one envelope correct? Don't have to send a separate envelope for each group?
    That's how I did it in the last boom. Just put each group in a separate baggie and put the two baggies in an envelope.
    Old 12-03-2014, 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by Billi
    Janice, I am probably wrong but I assumed that the double up would work differently. Let's say we are at 15 people there would then be 5 spots left to "double up" if 5 of us said yes please then only those five would get 2 f-8s each keeping us still making no more than 19 blocks per group. And those who don't want to double up are still making the 14 of the original group.

We are currently at one person interested "me" if no one else is then the idea is scrapped and we all just make 1 block for each person signed up. Am I correct or crazy? Haha

However it works out I am good with it :-)
    Billi:
    The way I would take the doubling up, would be to bring the entire group to 20.

We'd just be making 2 blocks for some people rather than 1. They could be noted as "Janice A" and "Janice B" and treated as 2 different people...kinda like a split personality, lol.

That way we'd have 20 blocks when all finished if we make one for ourselves.
    Old 12-03-2014, 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by Billi
    Wow you are all a bunch of busy,buzzy bees I love it Terriamn I love your moms blue quilt, kassaundra your drapery is beautiful I love that there is no box around you and your creativity you go girl. Bee I'm loving the Christmas quilt I can't wait to see the finished quilt. Some new to me swappers hello hello, Bluelady my fingers are still crossed for you this is getting crazy they just need to get over themselves and hire you. Kat how pretty one done is better than none done :-)

Janice, I am probably wrong but I assumed that the double up would work differently. Let's say we are at 15 people there would then be 5 spots left to "double up" if 5 of us said yes please then only those five would get 2 f-8s each keeping us still making no more than 19 blocks per group. And those who don't want to double up are still making the 14 of the original group.

We are currently at one person interested "me" if no one else is then the idea is scrapped and we all just make 1 block for each person signed up. Am I correct or crazy? Haha

However it works out I am good with it :-)
    I'm not following your math???? If 16 sign up you get 15 f8s, if you double up and your doubling brings the group to 17 you will still get 2 sets of 15 (how many in the swap that aren't you). If enough people double up to bring the group to 20 you will get two sets of 18, since you will count as 2 for each set, it would be (total participents - 2) x 2
    Old 12-03-2014, 08:25 AM

Yes, that is correct BUT if you have different fabrics for the groups, separate them into 2 large ziplocks and let me know which fabric is for which group. If it's the same for both, you don't need to do that. Does that make sense?
    Originally Posted by joanelizbay
    We can put ALL the F8s in one envelope correct? Don't have to send a separate envelope for each group?
    Old 12-03-2014, 09:03 AM

Default Clarification

I guess I misunderstood. I apologize. I assumed (you know what that means) there would be a full double up, as if there are 2 Billis. If you wish to make no more than 19 blocks, I suggest side swaps, and I'll completely scrap the doubling up idea; I thought it was a bit too much anyway. You can arrange side-swaps and handle them outside of me and this thread. Honestly, I don't want to keep track of who has how many blocks to make. I know it doesn't seem like much more effort, but some people making 14 blocks, some people making 15 - it's just another place for mistakes to happen.

Unless somebody WANTS to do a full double up, consider the idea scrapped...
    Old 12-03-2014, 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by Janice McC
    I guess I misunderstood. I apologize. I assumed (you know what that means) there would be a full double up, as if there are 2 Billis. If you wish to make no more than 19 blocks, I suggest side swaps, and I'll completely scrap the doubling up idea; I thought it was a bit too much anyway. You can arrange side-swaps and handle them outside of me and this thread. Honestly, I don't want to keep track of who has how many blocks to make. I know it doesn't seem like much more effort, but some people making 14 blocks, some people making 15 - it's just another place for mistakes to happen.

Unless somebody WANTS to do a full double up, consider the idea scrapped...
    Janice since I'm the only one remotely interested let's scrap it it was worth an ask no harm no foul it was an idea that didn't quite work out. Worst case scenario I send them out again for another boom.
    Old 12-03-2014, 10:34 AM

Boomers, if you, like Billi, want or need more blocks, I suggest you pm Billi to see if you can make an arrangement. I've done it many times. Can be a solution for you! It's just not something I will have any responsibility for.
    Old 12-03-2014, 10:54 AM

Beautiful Christmas Quilt, was thinking of that this time but just received some beautiful coordinating fabrics I think I will use for the three month group. Beebetty when you sent the snowflake fabric did you send a fill fat 1/8 th. Think the would work perfect for these fabrics and they are pastels, something totally out of the box for me. Will send picture as soon as I take it
    Old 12-03-2014, 10:59 AM

Gees I just sprayed new couch with stain protector and sure hope I don't get asphyxiated yuck
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]501065[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  
    Old 12-03-2014, 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by terriamn
    Gees I just sprayed new couch with stain protector and sure hope I don't get asphyxiated yuck
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]501065[/ATTACH]
    Very pretty, water colory, outside my box too.