Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 14 - Sign-Ups Open Thru 12/6 (or sooner if spaces fill early) >

Boom 14 - Sign-Ups Open Thru 12/6 (or sooner if spaces fill early)

Boom 14 - Sign-Ups Open Thru 12/6 (or sooner if spaces fill early)

Old 12-04-2014, 09:28 AM

Default All dressed up and no place to go

Patiently waiting for final counts so I can mail out to our fearless leader.
Attached Thumbnails 2014-12-04-09.21.31.jpg  
Old 12-04-2014, 10:46 AM

it's 31 degrees here and the sun is shining brightly. Beautiful day, I have been busy sewing but came up for a bite to eat. DUghter # 3 will be stopping by in a bit to check out our new family room furniture. It arrived on Tuesday, the temp was only 17 degrees out and they had to take the window out and bring the couch in through the opening. Dh told them they would need to do it that way but they assured us it was good to have a back up plan but it wouldn't be necessary? Good humor
Old 12-04-2014, 11:56 AM

I am in Joan.....Hot chocolate! Any excuse to have hot chocolate works for me. It is my drink of choice. Its 65 degrees here today....may get to 70. Not the normal temperature for December in Eastern Tennessee. Maybe the ice will blow around the valley.

[QUOTE=joanelizbay;6994620]They called for freezing rain this morning but thankfully it was above 32 so it was just a mist...BUT they are calling for 70% chance of some kind of moisture Friday ....Im ready for a Friday afternoon snow and hot chocolate!!
Old 12-04-2014, 11:59 AM

It is in the 50's grey and dreary here, haven't seen the sun in days, HATE it. Guess I should look at the bright side at least in isn't freezing ................................ yet. I am stuck at work, it has been a busy day so far, just 18 hours to go. lol
Old 12-04-2014, 12:23 PM

It's 62 here right now and overcast. it's been raining lightly on and off most of the day. The dry wallers are working hard but the mud is taking it's time drying. They're doing a great job and I feel I'm definitely getting my money's worth. The new front sidewalk is also curing slowly thanks to the rain and temp, which is perfect. I finally found a good place to curl up near a window, out of everyone's way, but still available if needed. I've got my log cabin throw I'm hand quilting, am about to make up a cup of hot cocoa (thank you Joan for that idea!) and might just toss in one of my last sprigs of mint - nod to Kassaundra for that one. Ah...life is good today!

Keep thinking of what I'm going to do for my F8s. With Terriamn's ok, I'm totally going to steal her idea from Boom 13. Most likely my quilt will be black, white and a touch of yellow. Another one I'm going to love!

Two days, ladies, two days!
Old 12-04-2014, 01:59 PM

I think I'm going with different red fabric. I'm going for the next scrappy quilt boom which is a red and white bento box. So if I get red and white blocks from this boom, I can design them around the bento box blocks. At least that's my thought for now. May change my mind in JoAnn's tonight.
Old 12-04-2014, 02:32 PM

Great idea!
Originally Posted by ArizonaKAT View Post
I think I'm going with different red fabric. I'm going for the next scrappy quilt boom which is a red and white bento box. So if I get red and white blocks from this boom, I can design them around the bento box blocks. At least that's my thought for now. May change my mind in JoAnn's tonight.
Old 12-04-2014, 04:50 PM

I am going pastel! I keep trying to make something pastel and I keep adding too much color. So, I counting on all of you to 'hold me back". ������
Old 12-05-2014, 03:25 AM

Default Sign-ups close tomorrow

We're getting down to the wire. Sign-ups will close tomorrow night!
Old 12-05-2014, 06:37 AM

Got my fabric last night. Stuck with the red and white. Now to decide if I want plain white or white tone on tone. Gotta go check with the scrappy people and see what their white requirements are.