Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 14 - Sign-Ups Open Thru 12/6 (or sooner if spaces fill early) >

Boom 14 - Sign-Ups Open Thru 12/6 (or sooner if spaces fill early)

Boom 14 - Sign-Ups Open Thru 12/6 (or sooner if spaces fill early)

Old 12-06-2014, 08:57 AM

I'm going to go with one of these 2 choices and ask that only white or white on white be used (I'll include it on my note). I love star blocks and think these would really lend themselves to such a variety. Of course any block is treasured. Whichever color path I don't send out I plan to use for the contrast when putting the top together.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]501369[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails fabric-choices.jpg  
Old 12-06-2014, 09:07 AM

I brought my ufo quilt to work w/ me today, since this station has an area big enough for me to lay it out flat and make some design decisions. I think I have decided to add the quilting stars to the sashing intersection spots, I think I will do them in a cream and sparkle yarn I have. Another thing I have been debating on is a final border, I don't need it for size, but it looks more finished w/ the border, but you really can't see it well when it is on the bed. The fabric portion of the border is no problem to add, it is the crocheted back side, whatever I add to the front width wise I will have to crochet the entire circumference on the back side. I think I've come to a compromise, I will add a very very narrow border in the dark blue, like finishing 1/2 inch size, like a binder, that way I'll only have one round of crochet on the back side (plus the blanket stitch). It's more work then I thought I had, but I will be better pleased w/ the finished quilt.
Old 12-06-2014, 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by moonwork42029 View Post
I'm going to go with one of these 2 choices and ask that only white or white on white be used (I'll include it on my note). I love star blocks and think these would really lend themselves to such a variety. Of course any block is treasured. Whichever color path I don't send out I plan to use for the contrast when putting the top together.

Very pretty, those will make a nice vibrant contrast, but still be subdued in the sherbet colors.
Old 12-06-2014, 10:32 AM

Pretty colors, Moonwork. Love the orange sherbet in particular...
Originally Posted by moonwork42029 View Post

Old 12-06-2014, 10:38 AM

NanaKathy55 is back in for both groups! Welcome back!
Old 12-06-2014, 10:45 AM

"Pretty colors, Moonwork. Love the orange sherbet in particular..."

Yep, me too! (And I don't like orange!) That soft sherbet just seems to work for me.
Old 12-06-2014, 12:33 PM

Moonwork.....seeing your fabric choices renewed my energy! Love the peach and soft blue. Getting closer now...can't wait.

NanaKathy55......nice to have you back. You were in the first Boom Group I joined. That Boom (11) will always be some of my best QB memories.

Kassaundra.....I couldn't help but chuckle after reading your UFO post. To border or not to border that is the question! As for me....I opted to border on! Whew! This may be the last King I make for a while. Have one border left and the off to the long arm...will try to post progress photo.

And speaking of UFO's....loved seeing the finish photos.... in time for Christmas!

Libster.....when I see those beautiful blues....I think of you. A blue and white quilt is in my future for sure!

Back to bordering...Bee
Old 12-06-2014, 02:23 PM

I'm getting pretty excited here, seeing all these gorgeous fabrics. Pretties to play with after all the Christmas excitement is over. Something to look forward to!
Old 12-06-2014, 03:32 PM

Broke down and bought a new HP laptop...it has Windows 8.1 and im not liking it much! Trying to figure out how to load pictures from flash drive to this one...ugh....cant wait to see who all is in and ready to sew!!
Old 12-06-2014, 07:40 PM

ok I spent the day trying to pull out the "fat quarters" for this boom. Now these are not bought F8's but some that I cut from yardage, I do this with almost all my fabrics so I can have a quick look at what I have, also so I don't forget what is in the totes.

Anyway, I picked out 40 different ones that I thought will look good together no matter what is put with them, as I don't like to put restrictions on your creativity so anything goes!!!!! Just have fun and make some pretty blocks, that is all that matters to me. Mostly the fun part.

These 40 should be enough for both groups and I'll just pack them up and let Janice stick one in which ever bag she wants to.
Attached Thumbnails boom-14-fabrics.jpg