Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 15 "Beignet" 2 month group >

Boom 15 "Beignet" 2 month group

Boom 15 "Beignet" 2 month group

Old 06-26-2015, 04:28 AM

SeaSaw and Libster.....Janice...well just all of us. This is a unique "sisterhood". And while it is necessary to take care of ourselves when our bodies, hearts and minds just need rest from the world to recover - there is nothing more healing than the unconditional love and empathy that comes from connection with each other. Each of us has the unique privilege to be on this journey of life at the same time. And when you think of the millions of years past and into the furture - it is something special we share - we are in the present together!

To all the Boomers out there - even if you are not in this Swap.....we love reading your posts! Keep them coming!
Love you all,
Bee
Old 06-26-2015, 06:09 AM

Joan let me start with when I started this block I had no intention of making 2 blocks that were so much alike in fact this is not the block I started. but it is the one I finished. It's what I ended up with after making a big fat cutting error so instead of 3.5 inch hst's I had to make 2.5. so I played and played with them till I found a pleasing layout. I had to use a border someplace and I chose inside I didn't want it to look like an after thought. I really didn't figure out how close to the same they were till I as putting it in the baggie.
Attached Thumbnails 2015-06-26-07.03.57.jpg   2015-06-23-17.57.35.jpg  
Old 06-26-2015, 06:22 AM

Kassandra another great block thanks

Libster and Sea are both very strong and preserving. Miss them both and sending lots of good thoughts and prayers their way
Old 06-26-2015, 06:25 AM

Bluelady I had a hard time finding the light blue to go with your fabric. Jaba's looks great. I am rethinking my choices now
Old 06-26-2015, 06:37 AM

Originally Posted by seasaw2mch View Post
Well ladies I see you are all having so much fun with all that pretty fabrics. The blocks are incredible. I have been coming in lurking just to see how things are going and you'll never know just how happy it makes me just seeing all these blocks coming together.

Anyway, I hated not to be part of this boom but I think I made the right decision because I'm getting that "bullet hole" in my chest to close up. LOL That's what I call it, sounds better then "cancer hole" to me. If things keep going the way they are, I will defiantly be able to join the next boom and believe me, I'll be more then ready for that.

Keep up the great work and I'll peep in from time to time.
That is awesome news Sea! Keep getting better we all want you to come play again.
Old 06-26-2015, 06:55 AM

The blue is from Connecting Threads. It's the mirage line and it's steel blue. It really matches perfectly. I love their blender's
Old 06-26-2015, 09:28 AM

Good news, I am near professional at seam ripping bias PP (so ridiculously tiny stitches)
Bad news, all the ripping required for near prof status
Good news, nearly finished w/ the first 16 pp triangles
Bad news the fabric placement is wrong!
Good news ............... I have plenty of home made wine! and some chocolate.
Old 06-26-2015, 11:42 AM

LOL. That's the spirit...or shall I say "spirits"?

Originally Posted by Kassaundra View Post
Good news, I am near professional at seam ripping bias PP (so ridiculously tiny stitches)
Bad news, all the ripping required for near prof status
Good news, nearly finished w/ the first 16 pp triangles
Bad news the fabric placement is wrong!
Good news ............... I have plenty of home made wine! and some chocolate.
Old 06-26-2015, 12:56 PM

A little insight into how my mind works (or some may see that it does not)

Make paper mock ups of my goofed triangles and spent some time rearranging in all kinds of ways, a few are okay, but nothing that grabs me.

Go sit of sofa and mindlessly look at blocks on line (read sulk) while husband watches some video on Roku. his video gets noisy w/ lots of people ohhhhing and ahhing, catching my attention. Looking up I see it is about some guy who makes paper airplanes. It catches my attention, his delivery is entertaining and he is quite skilled. A few minutes pass................... suddenly a stray thought, oh that plane looks a little like the color pattern on my goofed triangles. Hummm folded planes, what is like folded planes, geese, flying geese, how do you make flying geese w/ triangles ............ running to the ironing board ............. (well not actually running, that part was poetic liscence or maybe wishful thinking)
Old 06-26-2015, 01:11 PM

Kassandra been there done that. Happened to me when we went out to eat and the pattern on some tes said make me make me with those triangles you made the wrong size

is your homemade wine sweet if so will you share?