Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 15 "Rosebud" 3 month group >

Boom 15 "Rosebud" 3 month group

Boom 15 "Rosebud" 3 month group

Old 10-18-2015, 11:59 AM

Now that is good news, Jaba. Let's hope it continues. (I couldn't stay away. I had to check for any updates on you g'daughter.)
Originally Posted by jaba View Post
...A good note this morning, Monica did respond to noise and was able to answer a couple of questions from her doctor with a no and a yes before she was quiet again. Hopefully her recovery has started. Your prayers are a blessing ladies and I thank you with all my heart.
Old 10-18-2015, 12:05 PM

Great news Jaba, I have been praying for her and wondering how she is doing

janice I understand totally what you are going through. It took me almost 5 years to get my Umph back after my Dad passed. Know we are all behind you

ladies I hope one of us can take this swap over. Janice has done such a good job and I would hate to see this end.b Jaba I know you have hosted before are you up to it? I love this swap and sure don't want it to end but I don't think I am the person to host it. Willing to help anyone else who does
Old 10-18-2015, 03:49 PM

Let me get through this 1st terriamn and then I will talk to Janice and maybe step in for her until she's ready to come back. I'm leaving for Florida for my son's wedding on the 2nd if all goes well and won't be back until the 15th.
Monica came to for about 5 more minutes this morning, smiled at her daughter and answered another question from the doctor. Then nothing..doctor said it could get worse before it got better, she has not been awake since. I'm praying she just needs the rest so the medication can work and make her better.
Will also give you news about Elisabrat. She is in the hospital again and has been for a week. She has a very serious infection on her stomach, she is in quarantine, everyone must wear protective gear when they touch her. When they get this cleared up she will be going to an assisted living facility. When I find out where she will be for sure I will try and remember to let you all know.
Old 10-18-2015, 04:19 PM

Default My granddaughter

My 12 year old granddaughter is also having problems. Nothing as serious as Jaba's but it's been a weekend of tears for me. My heart just breaks for her and her struggles

news on Elizabrat sure isn't what we wanted to hear.
Old 10-18-2015, 04:33 PM

So much to pray about tonight for all of us.....time to seek wisdom and healing...praying for God's peace upon his children...abiding in prayer.

l
Old 10-18-2015, 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by jaba View Post
I sure don't like your news Janice, but I do understand it. Sometimes the best thing we can do is take time for ourselves before we can really be there for the other's in our lives. I wish you that journey and look forward to your homecoming.
A good note this morning, Monica did respond to noise and was able to answer a couple of questions from her doctor with a no and a yes before she was quiet again. Hopefully her recovery has started. Your prayers are a blessing ladies and I thank you with all my heart.
I sure hope so Keeping my thoughts for her and your family.
Old 10-18-2015, 05:09 PM

Jaba - been praying - and always to hear on good news, but sounds like it will be a long emotional road and will continue to pray.
Have been PMing Elisabrat for awhile now and wondering what was going on. I can just see her bringing her sewing machine to the facility to help with her sanity!
Janice - Totally understood. Been caretaker, reprieved caretaker, and sewing is my release. I would totally implode if it wasn't for quilting.

My grandchildren are the light in my life. And I am thankful to see that the oldest are walking on the straight and narrow.
Old 10-20-2015, 03:55 AM

My granddaughter is feeling better, no break through seizures since the one she had here on Friday night. Today and tomorrow she is scheduled to shadow a student at a different school to see if it would be a better fit. When she is sick and stressed her autism kicks in full blast and she has more seizures. A real Merry go round
Old 10-20-2015, 05:08 AM

Monica has had several seizures the last 2 days. They haven't been able to do an ultra sound or anything to check the brain, They are going to try for an MRI this morning. Her short term memory is gone for now. She has just been in and out...hopefully they can get the MRI done and find out the extent of the damage and treat her accordingly
Old 10-22-2015, 06:05 PM

FYI-I am on the road again!! The first leg of the trip yesterday normally takes us 5.5 hours from Eastern long Island to Maryland. It took 11 hours. Had one issue with tires on trailer, and then unbelievable traffic - never saw it this bad or list long. So now we are resting on our cousin's farm. Will babysit our 18mth GD for weekend and visit with extended family. Monday heading south. Want to check out Charleston SC area for a few days. no sewing, but always have plans going through my head!!