Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 15 "Rosebud" 3 month group >

Boom 15 "Rosebud" 3 month group

Boom 15 "Rosebud" 3 month group

Old 08-12-2015, 01:45 PM

Billie, heres the "unfinished" DHG2 that I am just not impressed by. It would be good in a dark and light color combination but not liking the layer cake I picked out for it but its too late now! LOL...It was very hard to make the cuts not "stretch" and to get them to match..NOT a hard block if you don't mind bias.. Ill probably add a border and have it quilted and give it to my granddaughter...no sense wasting it GOOD LUCK if you do one and please post a picture!!
Attached Thumbnails dhg2.jpg  
Old 08-12-2015, 03:50 PM

Billi, I love the thought you put into this block! Its a winner and as beautiful as the heart and soul of it creator!. In fact....the blocks for this quilt are all perfect for each other...and seem to make their own statement. When I chose the fabrics for this quilt, I didn't know where you all would go with it....but I cannot wait to meet each block in person.

I have been so busy! My grand daughter wanted a quilt to take back to Japan as a gift to her friend Mattie for caring for her dog - Hai-Hai.....pronounced "Whey-Whey" while she has been in America. "A quilt", I said. "What kind of quilt"? "A quilt for her bed", says my Grand daughter." OMG! Like a twin size with a big "M" in the middle......like what?????? I said. Well....I just finished the top and it is ready for pinning and quilting! So all day and night when I am sewing .....looking at that "M", I think about what it stands for......Martyr!

I am back to working on my blocks now!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]527615[/ATTACH]

Originally Posted by Billi View Post
Pretty blocks ladies Bibliostone I don't know how you goofed up but I love LJD's block.

Joan I would love to see your DHG2 quilt and I think I'm going for it using the advice from that blog I sent you I'll let you know how it goes.

Ok I finally got off my but and convinced Bee’s block to cooperate with me. Bee my goal was to make a traditional block with some sort of ties to Paris I thought that finding a block like that would be simple you know like the road to California or Ohio Star…….hahahahaha

Well that didn’t happen the best I could come up with is provincial quilting also known as boutis which is a form of whole cloth quilting done with a stuffing technique somewhat like trapunto. Provincial quilting is traced back to 17 century France. So in my utter ridicules fashion I created a hybrid provincial trapunto block the map is not only appliquéd on but is slightly stuffed and has some quilting lines through it on the boundaries and around the butterfly and letter. then I appliquéd it to the lacy fabric you sent. I was in a debate with myself form the whole time I worked on it knowing that since I used a very light batting it’s not easy to detect the puff but not wanting to use more because I didn’t want it to be overwhelming either. the borders were another story and not what I had planned but no matter what I did my hands would not make the small flying geese come out the way they should so I dropped back and punted and turned it into the album variation, variation block.

So My dear here it is and I hope it works well with the rest of your beauties.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]527551[/ATTACH]

Attached Thumbnails bumble-bee-face.jpg  
Old 08-13-2015, 10:12 AM

I happen to think that most of the blocks this round really seem to have some extra thought put into them, whether it comes to the "right" block for the fabric you received, picking just the right shade of fabric, making a special applique or unique block or concentrating extra hard on something that's new to you.

Congrats to you all. All excellent swappers in my book!

Originally Posted by Bee Beatty View Post
Billi, I love the thought you put into this block! Its a winner and as beautiful as the heart and soul of it creator!. In fact....the blocks for this quilt are all perfect for each other...and seem to make their own statement. When I chose the fabrics for this quilt, I didn't know where you all would go with it....but I cannot wait to meet each block in person.

I have been so busy! My grand daughter wanted a quilt to take back to Japan as a gift to her friend Mattie for caring for her dog - Hai-Hai.....pronounced "Whey-Whey" while she has been in America. "A quilt", I said. "What kind of quilt"? "A quilt for her bed", says my Grand daughter." OMG! Like a twin size with a big "M" in the middle......like what?????? I said. Well....I just finished the top and it is ready for pinning and quilting! So all day and night when I am sewing .....looking at that "M", I think about what it stands for......Martyr!

I am back to working on my blocks now!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]527615[/ATTACH]
Old 08-13-2015, 10:44 AM

I totally agree, we are going to have a hard time topping this swap.
Old 08-14-2015, 09:11 AM

I have been working on a wedding gift a sofa size quilt. I am calling it "The Mullet" (business up front, party in the back) the front will be over sized curved log cabin to form a single flower (she is a minimalist) the back is a Boston Celtics printed fleece.
Old 08-14-2015, 09:39 AM

It has been an amazing 8 days with my two grands - and I am glad to have quiet in our home!! Laundry done, found the floor and table. Can't get the pull out couch to go back in so it is half open still. We brought them back home to Massachusetts and brought back some jumbo lobsters to share with family tonight - mouth is watering.
I think I have caught up with the posts here - so much going on with everyone. So many lovely blocks.
I have attempted to do MSQC blocks that need to be cut in thirds. I could never get the exact cuts - so don't even try them anymore. I give you so much credit doing so many blocks and it really does look neat.
Okay for me for now. Still trying to find where I stashed my stuff!!
Old 08-14-2015, 02:10 PM

Back from Vacation 2 weeks in the UK. Wonderful time in London. I also went to the International Quilt Show in England. I will be finishing up blocks ,and have them mailed very soon.
Old 08-14-2015, 07:13 PM

Wow sounds like great vacations Cuppy and TG
Old 08-15-2015, 06:12 AM

Know what you mean about that company, nice to have them but nice to have your own schedule back too. 3 more weeks and I'll have 9 here for a week to 10 days. Bill's kids will come to dinner a couple or 3 times plus my Dad and step mother. Where am I going to feed 22 people?? Just thought I had a big house....I'm sure this Mom will need some time outs
Cuppy would love to see some pics an have a virtual vacation of the UK...never been there
Old 08-15-2015, 06:26 AM

You guys amaze me. I was raised as an only child (have a brother and sister all raised in different houses), by elderly Gparents. I have 3 cousins I only met once or twice when very young. Lived in the country, my Gma didn't believe in "sleep overs" or extra curricular school activities. If I get more then 3 additional people in the house for a dinner I'm frazzled beyond belief, I can't imagine hosting as many people and as long as you guys are talking about!