Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 16 - Group Therapy - 3 month group >

Boom 16 - Group Therapy - 3 month group

Boom 16 - Group Therapy - 3 month group

Old 06-30-2016, 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by Janice McC View Post
I've gotten the go ahead to post Boom 17 so be looking for sign-ups on Monday, July 11. That will give everyone about a month to finish up ALL their current projects before f8s need to be mailed. Sure, no problem...right? If anyone does finish up a UFO, be sure to saunter over to the UFO Challenge board and post a pic of it.
You do realize that Saturday is National UFO Day right? That means we all need to do a UFO on Saturday. I am planning on working on a couple that need quilted that have been waiting for several years. Anyone else ready to sew a UFO?
Old 06-30-2016, 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by Libster View Post
YEA!!!! I'll be watching the calendar. (My F8s are already bagged!)
me too!!!!!!
Old 06-30-2016, 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by Kassaundra View Post
Libster what color are you working with for 17?

This is for 1 group. I'm asking for a very light silvery gray solid or TOT for background and no other reds added. By silvery gray I just mean a very light grey color, no metallic at all. I love the burgundy in it. Whatever will go, other than another true red, will work for me. Sneak peek spoiler-
Attached Thumbnails boom-17-.jpg  
Old 06-30-2016, 10:24 AM

[QUOTE=Libster;7590616]This is for 1 group. I'm asking for a very light silvery gray solid or TOT for background and no other reds added. By silvery gray I just mean a very light grey color, no metallic at all. I love the burgundy in it. Whatever will go, other than another true red, will work for me. Sneak peek spoiler

Does the burgundy need to be solid or TOT? And when you say "whatever will go" do you mean other colors in addition to grey and burgundy just not red?
Old 06-30-2016, 10:24 AM

So Billi are we getting any spoilers from you?
Old 06-30-2016, 11:21 AM

Does the burgundy need to be solid or TOT? And when you say "whatever will go" do you mean other colors in addition to grey and burgundy just not red?[/QUOTE]

I think solids or TOTs would probably look best with this large print. Anything that will coordinate with the print would work for me, even some pinks, darker grays, whites, burgundy, even black. I'm just afraid another true red would clash.
Old 06-30-2016, 11:38 AM

Default spoiler alert :)

Originally Posted by Kassaundra View Post
So Billi are we getting any spoilers from you?
Well of course I would LOVE to share my fabrics this time it is for a quilt for my daughters boyfriend a musician and audio engineer. I am sending music themed fabrics and a red like Terri did this boom when she sent the green. For the fabrics with the white background I am asking for black or t.o.t black and the red I send [ATTACH=CONFIG]553145[/ATTACH]

The fabrics with the black background I am asking for white or wow and the red I send[ATTACH=CONFIG]553146[/ATTACH]

This is just a sample of the different fabrics I have since bought a few more to go with these.

copy of my inserts

Boom 17 white background
Hello Ladies I am so excited about this swap, this time I am making a quilt for my daughters boyfriend who is a musician and audio engineer. For this fabric I would like for you to use black or a black tot and a touch of the red I have sent along with the F8. Please do not use any other colors or fabrics with any other colors. I would love blocks that are more modern or masculine. but please make me any block you think will be awesome with my fabric.

Boom 17 black background

Hello Ladies I am so excited about this swap, this time I am making a quilt for my daughters boyfriend who is a musician and audio engineer. For this fabric I would like for you to use white or wow and a touch of the red I have sent along with the F8. Please do not use any other colors or fabrics with any other colors. I would love blocks that are more modern or masculine. but please make me any block you think will be awesome with my fabric.
Attached Thumbnails boom-17-white-fabrics-.jpg   boom-17-fabric-black.jpg  

Last edited by Billi; 06-30-2016 at 11:46 AM.
Old 06-30-2016, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by Libster View Post
This is for 1 group. I'm asking for a very light silvery gray solid or TOT for background and no other reds added. By silvery gray I just mean a very light grey color, no metallic at all. I love the burgundy in it. Whatever will go, other than another true red, will work for me. Sneak peek spoiler-
Very pretty libster and i think that very light silver gray will be beautiful.
Old 06-30-2016, 12:37 PM

I won't know for sure until I see the fabric in person, but Libster I think yours may be screaming for a fussy cut Lucy Boston, I've been wanting to try that one.

And Billi, ooooh what awesome possibilities.
Old 06-30-2016, 01:43 PM

Billi, I love your fabrics! I'm gonna' start searching for masculine patterns now.