Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 16 - Group Therapy - 3 month group >

Boom 16 - Group Therapy - 3 month group

Boom 16 - Group Therapy - 3 month group

Old 04-11-2016, 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by Kassaundra View Post
I take my glasses off so I can see them up close!!!! lol lol lol (need bifocals but am dragging my feet), the hst are a little over 1.5 inches.
Oh well I'm in trouble then I'm already wearing trifocals and I was doing some EPP the other day (don't fall over yes I said EPP) and decided I needed a stronger pair of glasses I just couldn't see well enough to only pick up a few threads no matter where I held it.
Old 04-11-2016, 04:27 PM

Keep reading those color requests! Check and double-check before cutting. I looked at some of AnnaQuilts' blocks and I'm pretty sure she asked for no pink or black. I may be spying pink although perhaps it's my monitor...

Billi and EPP? Say it aint so!

Terri, you need a rest after those "other" blocks!

Great block for Katsdar, GramE. Nice!
Old 04-11-2016, 04:32 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Billi View Post
I knew that was where it was from that is the block I was debating on doing for Anna in the OA group......GramE it's beautiful you did a fabulous job. and there is no such thing as too modern.......
I love the modern block you made for me in the OA swap. It sure looks like it would go with some of the ones on this website. So many blocks to try and so little time.
Old 04-11-2016, 06:30 PM

I will post pics tomorrow, but If you want some of the fabric I used in your blocks, please PM me and I will ad it.
Old 04-11-2016, 06:48 PM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]547616[/ATTACH]
NanaKathy hope this fits in somewhere.

Two in one day! Time for bed. Why don't you see those rascally threads until you've taken the picture & posted it. Too excited to have it done I guess.

You can put me in the trifocals group.
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  

Last edited by GramE; 04-11-2016 at 06:52 PM.
Old 04-11-2016, 07:11 PM

[QUOTEI=Libster;7520662]I've been playing with my camera some today. In bright sunshine, it makes my colors look off, sometimes a lot. Since it's cloudy today, thought I'd see if it made a difference. Nelco, I hope you don't mind that I used your block, but I want to see if it looks like the gray that it is today. Crossing my fingers.
Sorry I didn't re-iron it before shooting it again. I do think it looks more true to color this time. Guess I need to wait until it's cloudy to take pics from now on.[/QUOTE]
Old 04-11-2016, 07:15 PM

I know the feeling of phots not coming out the way they should be. I had that problem with my old phone. Yes I can see the difference and still love it.
Old 04-12-2016, 05:22 AM

All my blocks for both groups were mailed this morning. Janice, email with tracking number being sent now.
Old 04-12-2016, 05:28 AM

Default pink ribbon block is so pretty,

Originally Posted by travelinggramma View Post
Good Morning Everyone. Love seeing all the beautiful blocks and what you see in each fabric. And the one thing better than fabric and quilting is....Grandchildren. It is such an amazing connection we have with them.
terriamn I found these two pinks that I think matched yours - hope it plays with the other blocks.
Libster - have this wonderful rust colors that worked well with your fabric. Didn't realize the center was sooo large. If you need some extra rusts I can send you some.
Grandma Di - this was a total stretch...until I found a few scraps with your green and purple flowers and I got so excited. Not sure how it will play with the others, But I love how it turned out
Can anyone tell me the name of it? I haven't been in a swap like this one and was trying to figure out how it works. I would love to get into a future swap.
Old 04-12-2016, 05:49 AM

Ok, all you veteran 12 1/2" block makers. Quilter's Cache is a bit confusing. They say 12" squares, they come out 12/ 1/2" but there is really no scant 1/4 left for a seam. Is there some way to adjust without throwing the whole square off. Is this something I'm doing, unintentionally? I notice on some squares there is nearly a full 1/2 inch clearance for seams. My insecurities lead me to finding things I can put a frame on but not what I want to choose every time.

Throw some sage old advice my way, please.