Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 16 - OverAchievers - 2 month group >

Boom 16 - OverAchievers - 2 month group

Boom 16 - OverAchievers - 2 month group

Old 05-05-2016, 04:55 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma View Post
This took me over two hours to make last night. Then I did one wrong and thank goodness I had enough fabric left to finish it although I did not get the two animals I had fussy cut from the messed up piece. I am sending that block to you Jaba so if you want to do the Circle of Geese blocks to go with it, you can. This is my beginner try at paper piecing. Turned out nice, just not lots of the animals.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]549352[/ATTACH]
Great job paper piecing quiltermomma! I know it is out of your comfort zone but I think you might just be really good at this.
Old 05-05-2016, 05:07 PM

Love my block!
Old 05-06-2016, 07:26 AM

Let us hope so Anna, because I have the Judy Neimeyer Prairie Star quilt Kit to do.
Old 05-06-2016, 10:00 AM
Power Poster

Let us hope so Anna, because I have the Judy Neimeyer Prairie Star quilt Kit to do.
No way girl! That is great. You'll do fine. Can't wait to see it.
Old 05-06-2016, 10:18 AM

Yeah, in a year at least. I am working on finishing up those UFO projects I started and the few kits I have. That will take me till the rest of the year it seems since I keep getting customer quilts to make. At least making customer quilts stops me from starting one of my projects. LOL
I will be taking a class on how to set up for success on the Prairie Star so i get a good handle on how the kits work. I do not want to mess up the papers because they are expensive to get new ones.
Old 05-06-2016, 12:53 PM
Power Poster

Yeah, in a year at least. I am working on finishing up those UFO projects I started and the few kits I have. That will take me till the rest of the year it seems since I keep getting customer quilts to make. At least making customer quilts stops me from starting one of my projects. LOL
I will be taking a class on how to set up for success on the Prairie Star so i get a good handle on how the kits work. I do not want to mess up the papers because they are expensive to get new ones.
I am still working on the house quilt kit but in the mean time started way too many others.
Old 05-06-2016, 02:09 PM

Funny Anna, mine got all the blocks appliqued and embroidered, but now to attach them to the backings of fabrics. Good idea, I have a friend who has made that quilt coming over tomorrow. I am going to hit her up on that part so I can get it finished. Thanks for the reminder.
Old 05-06-2016, 05:08 PM

I've had to fix TWO errors out of three blocks today! Was all set to post my last three pix when I saw them. Talk about annoying! Anyway, I've fixed Kass's block but Terriamn's will be completed tomorrow. Kassaundra, I hope this will work for you. I thought I'd be better at getting those stripes straight, but the fabric kept slipping. Not sure why I had such trouble. Anyway, haven't a clue about the block name. I saw it online and drew it out. Despite the glitches, I really enjoyed making this one.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]549458[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails image.jpeg  
Old 05-06-2016, 05:14 PM

My goodness, I've got 3% charge left on this phone!

QuilterMomma, here's the block I made for you. I'm not sure if I'd do it again the same way but at least I didn't put a section upside down in this one. I hope this will work well with your other blocks.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]549461[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails image.jpeg  
Old 05-06-2016, 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by Janice McC View Post
I've had to fix TWO errors out of three blocks today! Was all set to post my last three pix when I saw them. Talk about annoying! Anyway, I've fixed Kass's block but Terriamn's will be completed tomorrow. Kassaundra, I hope this will work for you. I thought I'd be better at getting those stripes straight, but the fabric kept slipping. Not sure why I had such trouble. Anyway, haven't a clue about the block name. I saw it online and drew it out. Despite the glitches, I really enjoyed making this one.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]549458[/ATTACH]
Thanks, I Love it the yellow and green look like a great match.