Boom 17 - OPAL

Old 09-14-2016, 06:15 PM

Was able to get to Janice's website from home (THANK YOU Janice! ). The green floral belongs to NanaKathy55. It looks like old flower vases to me. Or cameos...
Old 09-14-2016, 06:20 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by All2Pieces View Post
On the shirt quilt - Are those fabrics that have memories for you? An aunt of mine worked at a shirt factory in the 60's. She would bring home bundles of cutoffs that Mom and Aunts would use to make quilts. They must have made hundreds of shirts and quilt tops.
That must have been a dream to get those end pieces for making quilts! No, mine don't have much sentimental value. The first shirt quilt I ever did had some of my boys' shirts in it, but since then I've been buying from rummage sales and Goodwill outlet. If I can get good shirts for $.50 to a dollar, I'm happy.
Old 09-15-2016, 03:53 AM

I am loving all he blocks, thank you for the log cabin block, it looks great. Cyclone block is cool. I have never worked with batiks, just because they are a bit pricey. I love the batik/black combo in all the batik blocks. The sports block is really cool too. I want to see that finished quilt, the sports quilt.

I hope to to get back in the sewing room this weekend. My family had a really rough week. My aunt's brother was killed, girlfriend shot him. My show finished, which was fun and I have a new computer. Now back to planning some new blocks.
Old 09-15-2016, 05:10 AM

Originally Posted by Lstew2212 View Post
I am loving all he blocks, thank you for the log cabin block, it looks great. Cyclone block is cool. I have never worked with batiks, just because they are a bit pricey. I love the batik/black combo in all the batik blocks. The sports block is really cool too. I want to see that finished quilt, the sports quilt.

I hope to to get back in the sewing room this weekend. My family had a really rough week. My aunt's brother was killed, girlfriend shot him. My show finished, which was fun and I have a new computer. Now back to planning some new blocks.
oh, Lisa, so sorry for the tragedy your family has suffered. And so violently. Will be praying for peace and mercy for all.

I have the blue screen of death on my computer. Not something that was in the budget. But I had a life before the computer, I will have a life without it, Glad you got a new one.

Happy planning and then even happier sewing!
Old 09-15-2016, 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by Lstew2212 View Post

Lisa I am so sorry fo such a senseless tragedy.
Old 09-15-2016, 07:39 AM
Power Poster

Lisa, so sorry for the tragic death in your family. Domestic violence is so scary. Praying for peace for you all... and justice.
Old 09-15-2016, 10:15 AM

Just an fyi for anyone wanting to mail their completed blocks to me early, you can go ahead and do so as long as they arrive between the 19th and the 30th of September. As always, please let me know in advance that you are shipping so I can make arrangements if I'm going to be out for the day. Thank you!
Old 09-16-2016, 03:48 PM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]558346[/ATTACH]
Well, second posting for this block! I thought I'd try it out on the Topaz girls first. My thinker is outta whack!

a bowl full of cherries!
Attached Thumbnails image.jpeg  
Old 09-16-2016, 04:09 PM
Power Poster

I really like that, GramE! Especially like the appliqued center block.
Old 09-16-2016, 05:26 PM

very nice GramE