Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
BOOM 18 Sign-ups are now Open!  :) >

BOOM 18 Sign-ups are now Open! :)

BOOM 18 Sign-ups are now Open! :)

Old 12-17-2016, 07:38 PM

Jaba I love your fabrics Beautiful choices.

Muse come play again who cares if you want a space quilt they are fun to make blocks for.......In the spirit of honesty I will tell you in all fairness you will probably get a comet block from me cause I like making them.

Holy crap Terri thats too damn cold.......hopefully with the house full ya'll will be warm and toasty and yay for DD being home for Christmas. This will be my first year without my youngest home it does make the holiday different.

Thanks for the comments on my Lorax quilt I'm pleased with it. and I know my nephew and his wife will appreciate it. Thats 2 baby quilts down 2 to go.

All2pieces are you joining again? you know you want too

I do love my big kitchen it was the selling point for me when we looked at this house . It's nice to have room for people to gather while I'm cooking either to sit and chat or help out. It makes up for the fact that it's not open to the living room.
Old 12-17-2016, 07:51 PM
Power Poster

Great news, Terri! Glad you will have your daughter for Christmas. Stay warm!
Old 12-17-2016, 07:53 PM

Love it all, kitchens, quilt, fabrics, :-) Everyone stay safe and warm
Old 12-18-2016, 07:54 AM

Oh my it's 23 degrees below zero and still getting colder. We are lucky and power has stayed on. Six smaller towns by the lake have lost their electricity, praying they can fix it quickly. This is deadly cold.
Old 12-18-2016, 07:58 AM

Thanks for the hugs and kind words. I've signed up for the 3 month group. Kinda still thinking about joining the 2 month group, too. I like having so many swap blocks for a quilt. Or maybe two quilts. I'm embroidering the board names or initials of who sent the BOOM 17 blocks to me as I make them into a quilt so I can remember better. The names I wrote on my original friendship quilts have all faded over the years.

I've changed shifts and duties at work so I may post even less than normally. I do like reading and looking at all the beautiful fabric and ideas everyone comes up with. Rest assured I'll probably poke my 2 cents in when I get a chance.

Everyone - Happy holidays and warm wishes for a wonder-filled time during this season. Cheers!
Old 12-18-2016, 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
Oh my it's 23 degrees below zero and still getting colder. We are lucky and power has stayed on. Six smaller towns by the lake have lost their electricity, praying they can fix it quickly. This is deadly cold.
Holy crap that temp. does not compute to this Southern California girl. Safe travels to your family coming to celebrate today. Stay warm and have fun.
Old 12-18-2016, 08:26 AM

I whine and cry and throw a fit, and think I'm about to die when the weatherman says 23 above zero
Old 12-18-2016, 09:03 AM

My sweetie's in Alabama, getting ready to go hunting. He says the temp dropped 20 degrees as they were loading up. It's only 53 there now, instead of the 70+ when they started, and it might get colder. Br-r-r. DD and family flew in from Denver to Miami last night to start a cruise; they left just ahead of the storm but their original flights were cancelled. Even more BR-R-R!!

I'm sitting here in the Tampa Bay area in 78 degree weather. I haven't been in true cold weather since 2006, and don't know if I could stand it. I'm southern born and bred, raised along the Gulf Coast. God made air conditioning to deal with humidity. Living in Virginia and Arkansas, with a winter spent in Iowa, taught me I am not made for snow and ice. It's fun to see, fun to play in, but I wouldn't want to shovel it!

Here's hoping you Northerners stay warm and dry, with lots of friends and family around to make the season cheerful.
Old 12-18-2016, 09:11 AM

I was born in CT, but have always said, I'm a yankee by birth, but a southerner by choice! I don't play in it, don't even look at pictures of it, and if you EVER see me shoveling it, look for the pod, there has GOT to be a pod b/c I've done been body snatched!!!!!
Old 12-18-2016, 09:20 AM

He has a different project during each season, I've taken several one day classes.

here is my "big" tree I couldn't get my smaller tree to stand up.
Originally Posted by Kassaundra View Post
Mona, I didn't realize that was an ongoing class you are still doing, guess I just imagined a one and done kinda thing. We need pics of the welding projects.
Attached Thumbnails tree.jpg