Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
BOOM 18 Sign-ups are now Open!  :) >

BOOM 18 Sign-ups are now Open! :)

BOOM 18 Sign-ups are now Open! :)

Old 12-14-2016, 10:29 AM

Janice and Libster and all you other neat and tidy folk. You really take out the flour, sugar, shortening, eggs, milk , butter, baking soda, salt and other spices for one recipie? Use them once, put them away. Bake a batch of cookies and pull everyting out of pantry and start all over again?
Old 12-14-2016, 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
Janice and Libster and all you other neat and tidy folk. You really take out the flour, sugar, shortening, eggs, milk , butter, baking soda, salt and other spices for one recipie? Use them once, put them away. Bake a batch of cookies and pull everyting out of pantry and start all over again?
If they do they be crazy ladies .

Those of you that have husbands helping to clean WOW what did you do right. Mr Bill is not a slob but he's not one to clean the kitchen either. he occasionally helps with dinner dishes but he will also use a dish or three and leave them in the sink instead of washing them. . Really who was your maid this time last year?????? Oh wait that was me
Old 12-14-2016, 01:20 PM

Billi this time around I'm pretty spoiled, dh cooks, cleans when he wants to, prefers to do his own laundry, likes to grocery shop and prefers being home. He was 30 when we married and pretty use to doing everything for himself
Old 12-14-2016, 01:24 PM

I don't pull everything out all at once, just what is needed as I go. For example, let's say I am making banana bread, cookies and pie crust at the same time. Step one is to take out my prep bowls. I will pull out butter and plop that into three separate bowls. Two will sit on the counter (to soften) and one (for the pie crust) goes back into the fridge. So that ingredient is "done". Next, I will pull out my dry ingredients and measure/sift into 3 separate bowls. I take flour first, plop, plop, plop, then return to pantry. Then salt, plop, plop, plop, return to pantry, then baking soda/powder plop, plop, (skip pie crust bowl), return to pantry, etc. It's like a production line!
Old 12-14-2016, 01:50 PM

Absolutely! But then I seldom bake more than a single batch at a time. If I had multiple kinds to make, it was always one kind at a time.

Billi, I guess that makes me crazy, thank you very much!

Last edited by Janice McC; 12-14-2016 at 01:53 PM.
Old 12-14-2016, 01:53 PM

Yep, have to admit that's exactly what I do. I wash dishes as I go. When my recipe goes into the oven, I'm ready to finish washing up and drying and put everything away. I made a Lemon Fruit Cake last night. When it went into the oven, I made a batch of Nuttie Fingers dough to put in the frig. I like my sinks and dish washer empty when I finish.
Old 12-14-2016, 02:01 PM

Libster, we're clearly related! Yeah for us neatniks!
Originally Posted by Libster View Post
Yep, have to admit that's exactly what I do. I wash dishes as I go. When my recipe goes into the oven, I'm ready to finish washing up and drying and put everything away. I made a Lemon Fruit Cake last night. When it went into the oven, I made a batch of Nuttie Fingers dough to put in the frig. I like my sinks and dish washer empty when I finish.
Old 12-14-2016, 03:05 PM

Im a multi tasker like JLT...if I have 2-3 things to make I do it all at once...I dont like to do dishes that much so if I can do them all at once so be it!! Its easier to get stuff out once and put it up once! My sister is completely opposite. One little glass in sink and she thinks she has to wash it! I dont think we are related at all!!
Old 12-14-2016, 03:20 PM

Okay, a few more fabric questions.

If the groups don't fill up, are we still sending out 19 F8 or is the amount adjusted based on the number of participants? I'm fine either way, just wondering how that's handled.

Do people typically request to have their fabric returned to them? Again, not something I'm overly concerned with, only curious what's customary.

I haven't selected my fabric yet (still deciding), but if I opt to send out 2 fabrics, do I send out 2 pieces that total a F8? Or do I send out a F8 of one fabric and then extra of the 2nd fabric?

Thanks.
Old 12-14-2016, 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by jlt37869 View Post
Okay, a few more fabric questions.

If the groups don't fill up, are we still sending out 19 F8 or is the amount adjusted based on the number of participants? I'm fine either way, just wondering how that's handled.

Do people typically request to have their fabric returned to them? Again, not something I'm overly concerned with, only curious what's customary.

I haven't selected my fabric yet (still deciding), but if I opt to send out 2 fabrics, do I send out 2 pieces that total a F8? Or do I send out a F8 of one fabric and then extra of the 2nd fabric?

Thanks.
the

The number of F8's will be adjusted to the number of participants. If the number of participants does not total to 20 Janice will offer anyone in the group who wants to to double up (not ever manditory)

Most times people do not ask for left over to be returned, but some swappers return all left overs

Janice has said in previous swaps if sending multiple pieces one MUST be and F8 size anything you want above that is up to you.