Boom 19 - Summer

Old 07-26-2017, 07:40 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by GramE View Post
But for sure, being in a Boom has helped me soooo much. I have stepped out & done things I never would have tried otherwise, I'm trying to be much more accurate on cutting & ironing. So many things that just making so many different blocks in a short span of time teaches you that would pass you by in your normal sewing habits.

The community of the Booms is one of encouragement and cheerleaders. A blessing to be a part of it all. And I stumbled on it one day while searching for some else and honestly I can't remember what I was searching for. Serendipity for sure! ❤️
I feel the same way too... I've learned so much in block construction from making these blocks. And the community is wonderful! So glad to have found you ladies. <3<3

Joan, your new blocks are beautiful. What awesome star blocks!
Old 07-26-2017, 07:45 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Kassaundra View Post
Awesome blocks ladies, I can't believe you are done Sewbiz, I only have 2.5 blocks made!!!!! You ladies are doing a great job on the food fabric, I got lemons (probably going to be my problem fabric this go round) ................... when the boom hands you lemons aren't you suppose to make limoncello???? lol
Thanks Kass, but your blocks are generally a lot more (ahem) time consuming than mine! To say the least. AND I am not working full time anymore so have plenty of sewing time. I just use my cooking and housecleaning time... HA!

The food fabrics are challenging. If I can't think of something 'literal', I tend to go totally abstract. I got cherries fabric and am still pondering it. It's probably going to be an abstract!
Old 07-26-2017, 07:50 PM

Oh I know mine won't be "literal" either
Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
Thanks Kass, but your blocks are generally a lot more (ahem) time consuming than mine! To say the least. AND I am not working full time anymore so have plenty of sewing time. I just use my cooking and housecleaning time... HA!

The food fabrics are challenging. If I can't think of something 'literal', I tend to go totally abstract. I got cherries fabric and am still pondering it. It's probably going to be an abstract!
Old 07-26-2017, 08:27 PM

Thanks Showbiz I love my block and the red is gorgeous. Thinking of ordering the red and a pink to go with my other faded florals.

Dealership takes off money for light colored cars on trade ins. Supposedly they aren't as popular.

One of the two cars we went to look at sold as the dealer was getting us the keys to test drive it. Loved this dealership it had a no haggle price policy. Still the entire process took almost 3 hours and we weren't getting financing. I have a bit of a pulled muscle in my very low back. As long as I keep moving it is fine. Sitting that long dh had to help me out to the car Tried a new Terrain out and didn't care for it. Inside was almost identical to my Equinox and it would have been such an easy transition but it was noisy and dh didn't think it had enough pep. Bought the bigger and longer car. When dh retires he will take this one and I will get something smaller.
Old 07-26-2017, 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
Thanks Showbiz I love my block and the red is gorgeous. Thinking of ordering the red and a pink to go with my other faded florals.

Dealership takes off money for light colored cars on trade ins. Supposedly they aren't as popular.

One of the two cars we went to look at sold as the dealer was getting us the keys to test drive it. Loved this dealership it had a no haggle price policy. Still the entire process took almost 3 hours and we weren't getting financing. I have a bit of a pulled muscle in my very low back. As long as I keep moving it is fine. Sitting that long dh had to help me out to the car Tried a new Terrain out and didn't care for it. Inside was almost identical to my Equinox and it would have been such an easy transition but it was noisy and dh didn't think it had enough pep. Bought the bigger and longer car. When dh retires he will take this one and I will get something smaller.
Car shopping is as bad as root canals to me! Glad you got it over with but sorry about your back. Hope you can rest tomorrow. ❤️
Old 07-26-2017, 10:28 PM
Power Poster

Yeah, I think you can close on a house faster than doing all the paperwork to buy a car! But it's done now so nothing left to do except enjoy your new ride!
Old 07-27-2017, 02:17 AM

Awesome blocks Libster, GramE, Sewbiz and Joanlizbay

Sewbiz wished I had half your energy to just make a couple of blocks

terriamn good luck with the new car

Joanlizbay do you have a name for the block you made for NanaKathy?
Old 07-27-2017, 05:29 AM

I will let you know the web site where I found it when I get home. Not sure of the name. Wish I wasn't still working but Id probably go crazier just being home and making quilts, watching Dr. Phil and sleeping The food fabric is kind of making me go hmmmmm..I got pretzels and cookies
Old 07-27-2017, 07:45 AM

Here are my blocks for the morning. They're both for joanelizbay. I used Kona black with the zebra print. It's an Anvil. The giraffe print started out as a Puss in the Corner, but I changed the center. I don't know what to call it now. Hope you like them, Joan.
Attached Thumbnails 101_0472-2-.jpg   101_0470-2-.jpg  
Old 07-27-2017, 09:02 AM

I do like them!! Ive seen something like that block before but not sure what its called besides Puss in Boot!