Boom 19 - Summer

Old 07-30-2017, 04:51 AM

Routine reminders: Seams should be 1/4 inch or a scant 1/4, this includes all the diagonals which is where I most often see the narrowest and the widest seams. Please make sure you are using at least 12 stitches per inch if you are machine sewing. Blocks are to be 12 1/2 inches square - or as reasonably close as you can get them - so measure, measure, measure!

Thanks!
Old 07-30-2017, 05:48 AM

Oh boy.....I thought I had one more to do but when I double checked I have another to make for GramE, Jaba and LJ Dugas besides the pretzel one....Problem is I dont see where I put Jabas and LJs baggies... Guess Ill be cleaning my sewing area now and hunting for those two baggies! I double checked the Autumn bag, thats where I found Gram Es all by itself in the mailing bag...I know they are here...hmmmmmm.....
Old 07-30-2017, 08:16 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by joanelizbay View Post
Its from the web site someone posted on here. patchwork square. It called Slip Knot. They have some other really neat blocks but I havent been brave enough to try them yet! They have a lot of good patterns! I did make the Carpenter Star one for myself.
Oh, LOL. I posted that website! But I didn't notice that block until you made it sing...
Old 07-30-2017, 08:30 AM

I saw from the gallery that you had a few more to make. I see you've got it all under control though - or you will soon. Yay, Joanelizbay! (It's sooo easy to misplace those baggies.)Beautiful blocks you've been making, btw.
Oh boy.....I thought I had one more to do but when I double checked I have another to make for GramE, Jaba and LJ Dugas besides the pretzel one....Problem is I dont see where I put Jabas and LJs baggies... Guess Ill be cleaning my sewing area now and hunting for those two baggies! I double checked the Autumn bag, thats where I found Gram Es all by itself in the mailing bag...I know they are here...hmmmmmm.....
Old 07-30-2017, 10:17 AM

Joanelizbay I found the Slip Knot block the other day after you told me the sight...mine didn't turn out as Beautiful as yours lol..Going to have another go at it tho
Old 07-30-2017, 10:29 AM

I went thru every 100 blocks books and found Jabas, right where I put it with the pattern I was going to use...bad news is I cant find LJDugas anywhere. I went thru both pattern boxes, went thru 2 of my roll around stash cabinets thru all my drawers. I KNOW its here...LJ did you send the same fabric to Summer or 2 different ones? If I knew for sure I might find it. I know I always unfold the fabric, pin the baggie and directions to each and lay them out on my sewing machine. My DIL was here one night going thru them ohhhh and ahhhh but Im sure she put it back on the pile....ugh..its driving me nuts but I WILL find it...Might be after my brother goes home but I wont give up....
Old 07-30-2017, 01:05 PM

Joan when I have done that I found the fabric inside one of the fabrics I was auditioning it with
Old 07-30-2017, 01:13 PM

I went thru every 100 blocks books and found Jabas, right where I put it with the pattern I was going to use...bad news is I cant find LJDugas anywhere. I went thru both pattern boxes, went thru 2 of my roll around stash cabinets thru all my drawers. I KNOW its here...LJ did you send the same fabric to Summer or 2 different ones? If I knew for sure I might find it. I know I always unfold the fabric, pin the baggie and directions to each and lay them out on my sewing machine. My DIL was here one night going thru them ohhhh and ahhhh but Im sure she put it back on the pile....ugh..its driving me nuts but I WILL find it...Might be after my brother goes home but I wont give up....
Don't panic. KAss's rotary cutter was lost in plain site. It might be camouflaged by something.
Old 07-30-2017, 03:06 PM
Power Poster

Joan, did you check to see if you put it in the big Autumn bag by mistake? I've done that... put it back in the wrong bag.
Old 07-30-2017, 03:22 PM

i opened up all the baggies of finished summer blocks just to make sure I didnt put it in with another persons. Went thru ALL my drawers of fabric...at least they are all matched better now and sorted better... I looked at the album to see if I could tell if LJ sent all the same fabric but I cant tell for sure.. I know hers had birds and flowers on it for the lst one I did...Ill keep looking Ive done 14 swaps and never lost a F8 yet so Im still hoping!