Boom 19 - Summer

Old 10-01-2017, 12:15 PM
Power Poster

Thank you for the feedback, GramE. I appreciate it! Will leave yours when I get all my blocks back after Autumn.
Old 10-01-2017, 01:43 PM

SewBizGirl, I found one of your I made this papers under my sewing table, sorry. I'm not an organized person, that's probably an understatement!
Old 10-01-2017, 01:45 PM

Congrats on your bundle of love A2P. I haven't gotten to see my great granddaughter for a while. DH & I are sharing Shingles! Oh joy.
Old 10-01-2017, 07:39 PM
Power Poster

So sorry about the shingles, GramE. I've heard they are very painful.

Did you mean you found a block you made for me under your table? Do you need my address for mailing?

I'm far from an organized person too!
Old 10-02-2017, 02:02 AM

I think I've left feedback scores for everyone in the Summer group. If I've missed anyone, please let me know so I can get it for you. I am so enjoying this swap (again). I already have all but 6 of my blocks quilted. As soon as they're done, I'll start assembling them into rows for QAYG joining. Thank you all for sharing with me.
Old 10-02-2017, 04:57 AM

Shingles, uh oh. I hope you both have a light case and it's not too painful. Here's to it resolving soon!
Originally Posted by GramE View Post
Congrats on your bundle of love A2P. I haven't gotten to see my great granddaughter for a while. DH & I are sharing Shingles! Oh joy.
Old 10-02-2017, 06:45 AM

This is my second round, Janice. Got them originally the year my youngest shipped out to Baghdad. Now I have them down my shin collecting at my ankle then creeping down the side of my foot. Dr said when people get them twice, the second time happens in the same area as the first. Not me. First batch was on my back around under my arm to the front. Doc says I'm "unusual". I think he was being kind.

Getting my blocks back was such an upper. GReat timing. Beginning to feel better. Starting to quilt an orange quilt! Boom 17 still happening here! ❤️
[ATTACH=CONFIG]581637[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails img_2491.jpg  
Old 10-02-2017, 07:17 AM

So pretty. It's one of the fabrics that made me rethink orange.

DH had shingles twice, too, but same place. His was easier the second time. He's now had the vaccine so maybe he's done with it. Fingers crossed.

Take care.
Originally Posted by GramE View Post
This is my second round, Janice. Got them originally the year my youngest shipped out to Baghdad. Now I have them down my shin collecting at my ankle then creeping down the side of my foot. Dr said when people get them twice, the second time happens in the same area as the first. Not me. First batch was on my back around under my arm to the front. Doc says I'm "unusual". I think he was being kind.

Getting my blocks back was such an upper. GReat timing. Beginning to feel better. Starting to quilt an orange quilt! Boom 17 still happening here! ❤️
[ATTACH=CONFIG]581637[/ATTACH]
Old 10-02-2017, 09:52 AM

GramE, my Mama had shingles several times. They were always around her lower back. Nearly drove her crazy. That was back before they had the vaccine for it. Sure hope your case is easier on you this time. Feel better soon.
Oh, your orange is what changed my mind about that color too.
Old 10-02-2017, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by Libster View Post
GramE, my Mama had shingles several times. They were always around her lower back. Nearly drove her crazy. That was back before they had the vaccine for it. Sure hope your case is easier on you this time. Feel better soon.
Oh, your orange is what changed my mind about that color too.
Libster, DH got them first right about the time DD had her sternum surgery. Stress! Then when I got back from Cleveland, he shared. But he didn't have any itching! Dr said DON'T TOUCH! (I was an itching fool). Use BioFreeze or an ice pack. My were painful & very itchy. Finally Got to see Riley, my great granddaughter so I'm on the up tick! I take a 1 ml injection of B12 every week, I think that has helped me recover quicker.

I got two quilts out of the orange because I made the filler blocks. Hoping to tackle the second one later this week.