Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 20 - Quail 3 month group >

Boom 20 - Quail 3 month group

Boom 20 - Quail 3 month group

Old 05-06-2018, 07:16 AM

Maude - I must admit, I wasn't a fan of your colors - I didn't have your vision. But wow - they are wonderful all put together. I admire your gift.
Denise - RWB - everyone really took your colors and ran with them - it all matches (I have seen all sorts of blues and reds when swapping) And you must finish before Memorial Day - or at least Fourth of July!!
Yes - I do like seeing them laid out. Pushes us once again to get the blocks out of the bags and iron and then hopefully all sewn together!
Old 05-06-2018, 08:57 AM

It's done so here is a pic for you. Thank you ladies for sharing with me. I just have a little more binding to sew on the Christmas quilt and it will be finished too[ATTACH=CONFIG]594051[/ATTACH]Here's the label I put on the back with all your names [ATTACH=CONFIG]594052[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails dscf3824.jpg   dscf3825.jpg  
Old 05-06-2018, 10:16 AM

Denise and TG your blocks all look great together

Jaba unreal that yours is finished it is so pretty.

i will try and get a picture of all my blocks put together. We leave Thursday for granddaughter’s college graduation in Wichita and dh has me running around for him. So short on time

MM. I highly recommend the Brother PE 77 for a first time embroidery machine. Largest hoop is 5 x 7. Extremely user friendly and you can get some really good buys on them. I bought mine on Amazon and taught myself to use it. Sold it to Joan when I bought a bigger fancy one by Janome. The new one has bigger hoops etc but nothing about it is user friendly. I am so glad it wasn’t my first purchase. You might be more suave then me and pick it up quicker.
Old 05-06-2018, 10:28 AM
Power Poster

Love the quilt Jaba, and the label! You are always so fast. Great idea putting names on the label.
Old 05-06-2018, 12:58 PM

Jaba your quilt turned out great, those sashing and cornerstone colors really work w/ your blocks.

I brought my blocks to work to try and lay them out for a group shot, but we were the "cat toy" of the EMS gods this shift so I didn't get it done. Hopefully I will get the quilt I am working on off the design wall and be able to put them on there for a group pic soon.
Old 05-06-2018, 02:06 PM

Jaba, your quilt looks great!! I love the label with all the names. I will have to copy that idea for mine.
Old 05-06-2018, 04:38 PM

I'm glad you ladies like it too! You did most of the work and you all deserve the credit for it! I think it turned out pretty cool!!
Old 05-06-2018, 04:43 PM

Jaba I love the way your quilt turned out. Its really pretty and I love the sashing and corner stones you did. I picked up 3 quilts today and have binding on one but the other two are still on my piano bench waiting for another day! Granddaughter wants a woodland creature quilt, grandson wants a "quilt" but doesnt care what kind...They will keep me busy for awhile. Ill try to get mine laid out but havent even started on sashing ideas!
Old 05-07-2018, 03:07 PM

I really enjoy learning the Brother machine. I took one class on how to wind the bobbin,change thread etc. Ive played with it some but not as much as I would like to! Got 3 quilts back from quilter yesterday. All were patriotic but I wanted to show this one. I really like the way it turned out and will probably give it to Patriot Guards or Honor Flight to raffle for funds! 15th is getting close..got my F8s sacked and ready to send!!
Attached Thumbnails orange-patriotic-2018.jpg  
Old 05-07-2018, 03:42 PM

Joan your quilt looks great. Pretty soon you'll be a pro at your new machine!

The past few booms I've used stash fabric. This boom I was going to get a wow and a black blender and have you guys use my fabric as background (half getting white and half getting black), I was going to buy it instead of using stash b/c I didn't have enough of either. Anyway today I went looking and didn't find any that I liked, but I did find an off wow and a brown I really liked, so same plan new colors.