Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 101 of 101 FirstFirst ... 51 91 100 101
Results 2,501 to 2,513 of 2513

Thread: Boom 21 - Dunes

I grew up in Iowa, I now live in Wisconsin
    that cake looks yummy even though I do not like coconut.

doing a photo test.Name:  test.jpg
Views: 68
Size:  254.6 KB

OK It looks like I have figured out how to load photos.

Happy Birthday Klaws - what a wonderful cake and to have your son make it from scratch is most impressive. Would love to see pictures of his other creations. Of course would love to taste them too!
    H4B - the blocks are so beautiful and the additional ones you made - along with the quilting - WOW! So glad it will be appreciated for years to come.
    We had a surprising 5" of snow yesterday . Main road may be plowed, but our development roads are about 3"of solid ice. The area doesn't get much lasting snow, and not very prepared for it. So we will not be leaving the house today! Making another pot of soup - and cornbread. And, oh, got the sewing machine up and running!
    Happy 2019
    The only place where housework comes before needlework is in the dictionary.

Chocolate/pecan Henge. lol
    Quote Originally Posted by klaws View Post
    I had a wonderful day yesterday spending time with my son and grandkids celebrating my birthday and New Year's Eve. I have to brag and show a picture of the cake my son made for me. It's German chocolate made from scratch. I don't think he has ever made a box cake. Even though he works with computers, he should have been a pastry chef. He loves to bake. Anyway, I hope everyone has a happy and healthy new year.

Attachment 606069
    "Never cruel, nor cowardly, never give up, never give in."

Let's take care of the Earth, it is the only planet that for sure has Chocolate.

Sonic screwdrivers, fez, bow ties, and Stetsons are cool.

Happy Birthday Klaws, beautiful cake

Mona great photo.

Have first set of boom fabrics cut in their bags.

Quote Originally Posted by klaws View Post
    I had a wonderful day yesterday spending time with my son and grandkids celebrating my birthday and New Year's Eve. I have to brag and show a picture of the cake my son made for me. It's German chocolate made from scratch. I don't think he has ever made a box cake. Even though he works with computers, he should have been a pastry chef. He loves to bake. Anyway, I hope everyone has a happy and healthy new year.

Attachment 606069
    Wow! What a gorgeous cake! And I'm sure it was as delicious as it is beautiful. Happy Birthday, Karen!
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/sewbizgirl
    Boom 20 Album of Blocks I made to swap https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19942.html
    "The reward of a thing well done is having done it." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

I've gained 5 pounds just looking at that cake! I can't have coconut, but it looks sooooo yummy!
    I went to Joanns today and bought some Hobbs 80/20 batting at 75% off. I am set for QAYG with my blocks after y'all get through creating them for me.
    BTW- my nephews absolutely loved the quilts I gave them for Christmas. They both asked me to thank you all for making blocks in their quilts.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...56-albums.html

take time to build memories with the kids

Quote Originally Posted by Libster View Post
    BTW- my nephews absolutely loved the quilts I gave them for Christmas. They both asked me to thank you all for making blocks in their quilts.
    Tell them they are so welcome!! It was our pleasure.
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/sewbizgirl
    Boom 20 Album of Blocks I made to swap https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19942.html
    "The reward of a thing well done is having done it." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Afternoon Boomers and Happy New Year! Two quick notes: My apologies for being awol. Been so far under the weather that Iíve not had a chance to read all posts and reply but I will. Secondly, Iíve just this minute emailed QB admin for the ok to post sign ups for Boom 22. Unfortunately, Iíve already missed my original timeline due to illness but Iíll adjust it once I get the ok and post. I hope thatíll happen this week so stay tuned. Iím going to go back to 2 and 3 month groups and hope sign-ups are complete in about 2 weeks. Please start deciding what group youíd prefer as sign-ups will remain first come, first served. Each group will have a maximum of 20 people so if groups fill, youíll need 19 F8s per group.

I hope to see some repeat Boomers as well as some newbies. Iíll let you know what I hear from admin. Thanks everyone!
    Gallery: Boomerangswaps.weebly.com

People may not remember what you looked like or what you said but they will always remember how you made them feel! ~Joanelizbay

Janice so sorry you have been under the weather. Are you starting to feel better? Hope your mother doesn’t catch what you were down with.

last year at this time the majority of my family was terribly sick. Thank goodness we have all been healthy so far.

Janice, so sorry to hear that you've got that crud going around. I sure hope you're on the uphill drag now.
    I have three fabrics washed and dried, ready to be cut and bagged, just gotta' decide which two it'll be. I'm looking forward to Boom 22. Something to brighten up these gloomy wet winter days. Here in NC, we seem to have permanent mud. You know, we were in a drought last summer, but when it started raining in October, it hasn't stopped yet! Seems we have feast or famine, no other way! (Isn't it funny how we complain no matter which way it is?!) LOL
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...56-albums.html

take time to build memories with the kids

Hi Terriamn, yes, Iím much better, thank you. I pushed thru Christmas but shortly after had to take to bed. I wasnít contagious, just dealing with a health issue that occasionally rears up, just never like this time. Anyway, Iím well enough to email and post and get the next Boom started.

And to that end, Iíve gotten a swift ok from admin so Iíll try to post sign-ups tomorrow. Yay. Am ready to get the next boom show on the road...
    Quote Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
    Janice so sorry you have been under the weather. Are you starting to feel better? Hope your mother doesnít catch what you were down with.

last year at this time the majority of my family was terribly sick. Thank goodness we have all been healthy so far.

People may not remember what you looked like or what you said but they will always remember how you made them feel! ~Joanelizbay

Blog Entries
    Glad you are feelling better Janice...took me a trip to dr and some medicine and about 2 weeks to completely get rid of my problem...getting older sure isn't pretty!! Yeah for the sign up. Im definitely in for the 2 month and we will see how the 3 month sign up goes
    People may not remember what you looked like or what you said but they will always remember how you made them feel!

This is the link to my albums for all Boom swaps.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...99-albums.html

Boom 22 sign-ups are posted

Boom 22 sign-ups are posted here: https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...ml#post8186223

All positive people welcome! Hope you'll join us! Let's have some fun!

Page 101 of 101 FirstFirst ... 51 91 100 101