Boom 21 - Dunes

Old 09-23-2018, 01:34 PM

I peeked at the gallery. All of your blocks are fantastic.
Janice your handling of the missing blocks was gracious and fair. We are lucky to have you leading the booms. I also tried to contact Billi, about Jabas purple and white quilt, to offer to put the quilt together. No success. I figure something must have happened to overwhelm Billi.

Here is the simple block I made for you Jaba. I just wanted to let you know I was thinking about you during your recent trials.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]601549[/ATTACH]

My my life has calmed down considerably and I look forward to joining you all in the next boom.
Attached Thumbnails 21a9e983-51fc-4d80-9b96-e8a401c9d5fe.jpeg  
Old 09-23-2018, 04:31 PM
Power Poster

That is a beautiful block, MJ!
Old 09-23-2018, 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by mjpEncinitas View Post
Janice your handling of the missing blocks was gracious and fair. We are lucky to have you leading the booms. I also tried to contact Billi, about Jabas purple and white quilt, to offer to put the quilt together. No success. I figure something must have happened to overwhelm Billi.

Here is the simple block I made for you Jaba. I just wanted to let you know I was thinking about you during your recent trials.

My my life has calmed down considerably and I look forward to joining you all in the next boom.

Love this beautiful block!
Old 09-24-2018, 04:56 AM

Thanks, mjpEncinitas. It's been an unexpectedly rough couple of days for various reasons, so I appreciate your kind comments more than you know. And, that's a beautiful and interesting block.

I will be spending the day at home. Mom's taken a bit of an unpleasant turn this weekend so I'll be around except for a doc appt later today. I hope to make progress on the Boom blocks that I didn't make on Saturday or Sunday. Still on target for a Saturday shipping if all goes well. Am awaiting confirmation of QM shipping today per her email of last week. In the meantime, there's still lots of work ahead of me. FYI, several people didn't put their names on the packages as the maker so I'll do that for you. In the future, please try to remember to do that as it saves me a lot of time. (Nobody call themselves out...I'll never tell so you don't have to either!) Thanks!
Originally Posted by mjpEncinitas View Post

Old 09-24-2018, 06:16 AM

MJP, very pretty block. Glad life has settled down for you

Glad our boom is over, I have over extended myself through November and I hate that. Just have to remind myself to stay calm.

Taking Rio to vet this morning for X-rays. Sure hoping it’s arthritis and not the cancer. She had some kind of mini seizure on Saturday, thankfully dh was here. Scared the bejeebers out of us.

this is last week at lake. Will drive home Tuesday and be back Thursday then close up for the winter. Then it will be sew sew sew.
Old 09-24-2018, 06:30 AM
Power Poster

Hoping for the best for Rio, Terri...
Old 09-24-2018, 08:59 AM

Thanks Sewbiz, preliminaries didn’t show cancer. Need to wait for liver test and expert to read x-rays. Vet was suspicious of a few areas but for the most part her bones looked exceptionally good for “ an old lady”.
Old 09-24-2018, 09:08 AM

Geez, now the cell phone is acting up. Grrr.

Terriamn, sorry to hear about Rio. Her doppelgänger Connie sends her best wishes, as do Ripley and I. And we’re hoping it’s arthritis. I’m going to be glad when this Boom’s wrapped up, too. I have lots of quilting projects waiting on me. I do a bit on one and then put it and move on to another. Right now an old boom is the main project but it’s on hold until I finish the boom. I’m adding another 10 blocks so I think I’m a bit nutty to make more work for myself!

Let us know the outcome of Rio’s visit. Gentle pets for her.
Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
MJP, very pretty block. Glad life has settled down for you

Glad our boom is over, I have over extended myself through November and I hate that. Just have to remind myself to stay calm.

Taking Rio to vet this morning for X-rays. Sure hoping it’s arthritis and not the cancer. She had some kind of mini seizure on Saturday, thankfully dh was here. Scared the bejeebers out of us.

this is last week at lake. Will drive home Tuesday and be back Thursday then close up for the winter. Then it will be sew sew sew.
Old 09-24-2018, 11:42 AM

Janice, sorry about all going on. Hugs to you and your mom. I hope the doctor appointment goes ok.

My morning didn't start out the best either... had to take all three dogs to the groomers. I kept smelling poop, but couldn't find it. Got to work and my colleague said, what is down the front of you... yep, dog poo. Found the source of the smell...ironically I'm wearing a brown sweater. (Don't worry, I changed!)

I started a Bargello at the beginning of the summer thinking I could "whip it out" before beginning my boom blocks... HA! So I'm back hard at work on it. I think I dreamt in stripes last night. I also am sewing on bindings on a tshirt quilt and my 4th of July Boom quilt. Pictures soon.

Happy Monday all!
Old 09-24-2018, 02:09 PM

Forgot to post this here too...Woo hoo! This day started poorly and now things are looking up. Way up! I’ve gotten three pieces of excellent news, the last of which is that, true to her word, QuilterMomma shipped today. I have the tracking number. If the postal service is on the ball, I may actually ship ahead of schedule. Happy dance, happy dance! Who’s going to twirl around the room with me???