Boom 21 - Dunes

Old 09-22-2018, 05:43 AM

Well, today is the autumnal equinox and the full moon...just saying...lol
Originally Posted by Kassaundra View Post
... Also had to bring my scaleless chicken in (torrential flash flood type rain and a cold front coming in overnight) so decided it was time to work on her autumn clothes, her name is Cricket

[ATTACH=CONFIG]601472[/ATTACH]
Old 09-22-2018, 05:49 AM

Kass, Elsa is turning out beautifully.

poor Cricket, he doesn't understand how Mom is protecting him.
Old 09-22-2018, 09:25 AM

Oh Jaba - they are absolutely precious. I am for joy hearing you plan on loving on them soon.
Old 09-22-2018, 09:28 AM

Good afternoon, Dunes! DH and I have done our “chores” and the rest of the afternoon is free until we have to get ready for a casual party this evening. Woo, hoo!

I apologize for the huge distraction in this swap but it’s time to address the “Billi issue” for the last time. There is no incoming package from Billi. If she hasn’t sent it by now, it won’t be coming. I’m resigned to it as are most of you I'd guess. Why she has disappeared remains a mystery but I want you all to understand that nothing anyone in this swap said or did precipitated this. Whether Billi’s disappearance is deliberate or due to something we cannot yet understand, I’m not 100 percent certain. I’ve tried everything I can think of to elicit a response from her or a family member. Remember though, I was able to reach one person about a month after Billi stopped communicating and I was told Billi was well. I have no reason to disbelieve her. Whether something changed since then I don’t know but there appears to have been at least one month where Billi could have reached out and she didn’t. That’s very difficult for me to accept but I’m working on it. Maybe we’ll learn the reason, because surely there is one, but maybe we won’t. I’ll leave it up to the stars to reveal it one day.

As for the gorgeous Boom blocks each of you made for Billi, I will return them to you. I’ve had people say they want them back and others say they don’t. Sewbizgirl offered to make a donation quilt from them. I leave it to you to contact SBG to arrange mailing them to her if you wish. Frankly, I want nothing to do with them. Seeing each one breaks my heart a bit because you put a lot into them and you will get nothing in return from Billi. If I could force Billi to return your F8s (and Jaba’s comfort quilt blocks as well, a topic I have not until now mentioned online but yes, I’m aware of it as is Jaba), you know I would. But I cannot. Despite my discouragement, I’m content with the fact that I did absolutely everything to get a positive resolution for you short of hopping an airplane and showing up at her door. I’m done worrying about this and DH is tired of hearing me drone on and on about it for the last three months, poor guy. He’s getting a reprieve and now it’s time to focus on you and the other lovely blocks you made for one another. And that, as they say, is that. Moving on...

Last edited by Janice McC; 09-22-2018 at 09:45 AM.
Old 09-22-2018, 09:37 AM

Well said Janice. It is what it is and I don't want it to ever spoil any of the beautiful creativity and friendship shared in our booms. Big hugs to you and bigger to your dh for supporting you (even if it was unwillingly!)
Old 09-22-2018, 11:26 AM
Power Poster

We know you did all you could, Janice. No question of that. Not to worry.
Old 09-22-2018, 11:32 AM

Well phooey. I personally would like to see something nice made from the blocks. The story of these blocks does not have to end here on this sour note. They can move on, be made into beautiful things and move on to bring delight and warmth into someone’s life.

Im happy for my block to go SBG for part 2. I’ll pm you Sewbiz...
Old 09-22-2018, 11:43 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by PamelaOry View Post
Well phooey. I personally would like to see something nice made from the blocks. The story of these blocks does not have to end here on this sour note. They can move on, be made into beautiful things and move on to bring delight and warmth into someone’s life.

Im happy for my block to go SBG for part 2. I’ll pm you Sewbiz...
True. They need to be redeemed.
Old 09-22-2018, 11:58 AM

Jaba, those babies are so adorable. I know you are anxious to get back to Florida. Have a safe trip.
Janice, I'm sorry about the situation with Billi. But, like what Jayne said, it is what it is. I think it would be a good idea to have those blocks made into a donation quilt. I wouldn't mind sending mine to Sewbiz.
Old 09-22-2018, 12:09 PM
Power Poster

Karen, you can send it with your 9P swap package if you like....