Boom 21 - Dunes

Old 08-15-2018, 10:08 AM

Mjp, Love your quilt and especially your mom!! Precious!! She looks so happy!! How fun to meet up with another Boomer. It looks like you had an amazing trip! Thanks for the pictures!!
Old 08-15-2018, 10:14 AM

I remember every time my grandma took me to my ortho appt we always stopped at the bakery before my teeth started to hurt.
Old 08-15-2018, 10:48 AM

It looks so nice! Your mom looks smitten. Great job on the quilting and the setting worked great for your blocks.

Originally Posted by mjpEncinitas View Post
I wanted share the blue and white quilt that we made for my 96 year old mother.
She really loved the quilt. My husband said it’s my best FMQ ever. He didn’t want me to give it away until he heard it was for Mom. Thank you ladies I couldn’t have made such a great quilt on my own. I used Maude’s setting.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]599594[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]599595[/ATTACH]
Old 08-15-2018, 11:03 AM

MJP, awesome quilt. The pic w/ your mother is priceless.

Looks like you guys had a good time at the quilt show even though it was hot.
Old 08-15-2018, 11:57 AM

Great picture of your mom and her quilt MJP!

Enjoyed seeing the picture of you and DarcyShannon, that's so neat tha you got to meet up with another board member!
Old 08-15-2018, 12:07 PM

Everyone has such great news! Babies coming and what a nice gift for Mom, she will cherish that quilt! Still a little slow motion here but I have been doing a little sewing so here are some more blocks that I have done. Still have a few to go but I'll get there So far so good on the radiation treatments again, I have 7 more to go and then they are done. Not sure what happens after that but I should find out next week. [ATTACH=CONFIG]599613[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]599614[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails dscf3869.jpg   dscf3868.jpg  
Old 08-15-2018, 12:12 PM

MJP - the quilt turned out terrific - and mom seems to enjoy it - I am sure she will be checking each square and just touching each FMQ pattern
Old 08-15-2018, 12:15 PM

Good to see you relaxing after treatments Jaba. Blocks are nice.

Beautiful quilt, and nice gifting.

Thanks everyone for your well wishes. Hubby getting better and has an appointment Friday for his hyennal hernia. We shall see what they will do there. He came home from being out of town last Friday and a total different attitude. Was a nice relief.

Now my bad news, have some bleeding fizzures to be taken care of, when to foot doctor and have to go thru surgery again, then $4,500 for teeth. Live is just the most wonderful it could ever be.

The best part, I went shopping for fabrics for blocks this am and have something for everyone of the blocks. Now what are they odds?
Old 08-15-2018, 12:39 PM

I have been going through my stash. I have 2 "stashes" the quilting stash and the prequilting. The prequilting stash is mostly all kinds of clothing fabric I found at great prices over the years. I have not sewn clothes for many years and the few times I have tried over the years I have not much enjoyed it, seems to be a chore, and I have gotten so big things really don't fit well and I am so short patterns have to be altered so much it is just easier to quilt. I was thinking about getting rid of it all. But I got to thinking, I need skirts since none of my clothes fit anymore. I decided to make a pattern for a wrap skirt. A little wider then an A line but not a full circle. Thought about it and figured a reversible would be great, 2 skirts in one and no exposed seams. I made my first one this week, and the pattern works well (it needs a little tweeking but not much). I even think I can combine this pattern into some quilting. The skirt I just made had a denim weight fabric on one side so a little bulky. But I am excited about the possibilities.
Old 08-15-2018, 01:01 PM

MJP- Your quilt is beautiful and your Mom even more so! Love the picture of you and Darcy. How fun!

Jaba- So good to hear from you. Your blocks are so pretty. I know you're looking forward to the radiation treatments being over. Just take everything slow and easy and build your strength back. Those grands are waiting for you!

QuilterMomma- When it rains, it seems to pour. One day at a time. Glad your DH is mending well. Prayers for you and him that all goods well.

Last edited by Libster; 08-15-2018 at 01:04 PM.