Boom 21 - Dunes

Old 08-15-2018, 01:56 PM
Power Poster

What a great day for photos and news!

Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
I came home from the lake Sunday night and Monday received call asking if I could take granddaughter to a 90 minute orthodontist appt. today at 4.
Terri, hope that appt. went well. I also do not miss the days of taking the kids to their ortho appts. (Or paying the bills!)

Originally Posted by mjpEncinitas View Post
I wanted share the blue and white quilt that we made for my 96 year old mother.
It's gorgeous and your mom looks so sweet with her quilt! I'm glad you quilted in lots of texture for her to touch. It looks cozy.

Originally Posted by mjpEncinitas View Post
Here is a pictures of Daecyshannon and I at the Sisters quilt show.
How great to meet up with Shannon! Thanks for showing us what you both look like, too. And those beautiful quilts. Your travels sounded fun. I'm glad you are planning to do the next boom.

Originally Posted by jaba View Post
Everyone has such great news! Babies coming and what a nice gift for Mom, she will cherish that quilt! Still a little slow motion here but I have been doing a little sewing so here are some more blocks that I have done. Still have a few to go but I'll get there So far so good on the radiation treatments again, I have 7 more to go and then they are done. Not sure what happens after that but I should find out next week.
Jaba, we will be hoping the last 7 treatments are uneventful and that the results are great!

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma View Post
Now my bad news, have some bleeding fizzures to be taken care of, when to foot doctor and have to go thru surgery again, then $4,500 for teeth. Live is just the most wonderful it could ever be.
So sorry QM. Sometimes it does seem like one step forward and then two backwards. Hope the foot surgery turns out better this time.

Originally Posted by Kassaundra View Post
I decided to make a pattern for a wrap skirt. A little wider then an A line but not a full circle. Thought about it and figured a reversible would be great, 2 skirts in one and no exposed seams. I made my first one this week, and the pattern works well (it needs a little tweeking but not much).
Glad it worked out! I know you talked about doing clothes before... and I'm the same way-- will sew for everyone else but mine never seem to work out. Glad the skirt is a winner!
Old 08-15-2018, 05:04 PM

Jaba, great to hear from you!! Hang in there for the last of the radiation. Continued prayers for great results!

QM, So sorry about your issues. Sounds like your DH is on the mend. Take care and praying for speedy recovery on upcoming surgery. Buying fabric sure puts me in a good mood. Glad you found some good fabrics.

Kass, I’ll bet that skirt is fabulous. It’s great that it is reversible.
Old 08-15-2018, 05:10 PM

I had DarcyShannon as my double F8. I sure enjoyed using some Halloween fabric. The first one is a Calico Puzzle. The second one is a Churn Dash. I was happy to use the tiny bit of green fabric left over from SewBiz in the CD. It matched perfectly with the little green in the pumpkin’s stem.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]599619[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]599620[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 7af8fc3c-b332-470f-8dcb-69918b705088.jpeg   bfbf336a-70c5-4033-9ffe-00d21614a78f.jpeg  
Old 08-15-2018, 06:51 PM

I took a barn quilt class last night.....
Attached Thumbnails barn-quilt1.jpg   barn-quilt2.jpg   barn-quilt3.jpg   barn-quilt4.jpg  
Old 08-15-2018, 07:42 PM
Power Poster

Very pretty Halloween blocks, D.! That green works so well.
Old 08-16-2018, 03:58 AM

MJP, fantastic quilt and very special picture of Mom. Glad you and Darcy were able to meet and it’s great to put a face to you and Darcy’s name.

D. Hansen both of your blocks turned out great

Jaba hope radiation went better this week.

Janice love your sweet dog’s picture.

QM glad hubby is doing better, nothing like a grouchy dh. Sorry you are going through a rough patch of medical problems right now.

Abby’s appt. went much quicker then expected. She didn’t want to stop for a treat, just wanted to get home for dinner b4 her mouth starting aching. Since we were in stop and go traffic the entire drive home she chatted non stop. Think it was good for her as she is starting high school in a week or two and pretty excited and nervous. She has never attended a large school before and this one has 1600 students.

Kass think your skirt idea sounds fun. Hope you share a picture when it is finished.

Had a very bad pedi/ mani this week, the gal cut me in several places and was just plain to aggressive. My toes and finger tips are so sore. Not a happy camper.
Old 08-16-2018, 04:12 AM

D.Henson, fun Halloween blocks. Love the spiderweb and jack o lantern fabrics.
Originally Posted by D.Henson View Post
I had DarcyShannon as my double F8. I sure enjoyed using some Halloween fabric. The first one is a Calico Puzzle. The second one is a Churn Dash. I was happy to use the tiny bit of green fabric left over from SewBiz in the CD. It matched perfectly with the little green in the pumpkin’s stem.
Mona, great barn quilt! Where did you take your class? And is that a piece of painted or sealed plywood?
Originally Posted by Mona G View Post
I took a barn quilt class last night.....
Kassaundra, congrats on your new skirt. I’m not much good at apparel so I’ll take vicarious enjoyment from your success!
Originally Posted by Kassaundra View Post
I have been going through my stash. I have 2 "stashes" the quilting stash and the prequilting. The prequilting stash is mostly all kinds of clothing fabric I found at great prices over the years. I have not sewn clothes for many years and the few times I have tried over the years I have not much enjoyed it, seems to be a chore, and I have gotten so big things really don't fit well and I am so short patterns have to be altered so much it is just easier to quilt. I was thinking about getting rid of it all. But I got to thinking, I need skirts since none of my clothes fit anymore. I decided to make a pattern for a wrap skirt. A little wider then an A line but not a full circle. Thought about it and figured a reversible would be great, 2 skirts in one and no exposed seams. I made my first one this week, and the pattern works well (it needs a little tweeking but not much). I even think I can combine this pattern into some quilting. The skirt I just made had a denim weight fabric on one side so a little bulky. But I am excited about the possibilities.
QM, happy to hear you found a selection of fabrics for the boom. I’ll look forward to seeing them. And good news about hubby, particularly the better attitude - woo hoo. Am sorry about the medical and dental problems. Hopefully they will be resolved and you’ll be good as new soon.
Originally Posted by QuilterMomma View Post
Good to see you relaxing after treatments Jaba. Blocks are nice.

Beautiful quilt, and nice gifting.

Thanks everyone for your well wishes. Hubby getting better and has an appointment Friday for his hyennal hernia. We shall see what they will do there. He came home from being out of town last Friday and a total different attitude. Was a nice relief.

Now my bad news, have some bleeding fizzures to be taken care of, when to foot doctor and have to go thru surgery again, then $4,500 for teeth. Live is just the most wonderful it could ever be.

The best part, I went shopping for fabrics for blocks this am and have something for everyone of the blocks. Now what are they odds?
Thanks for the pix of the lovely blocks you made. Thrilled you’re down to 7 more treatments. Maybe after that you’ll be done. Fingers and toes are crossed for you. hugs.
Originally Posted by jaba View Post
Everyone has such great news! Babies coming and what a nice gift for Mom, she will cherish that quilt! Still a little slow motion here but I have been doing a little sewing so here are some more blocks that I have done. Still have a few to go but I'll get there So far so good on the radiation treatments again, I have 7 more to go and then they are done. Not sure what happens after that but I should find out next week.
Old 08-16-2018, 06:02 AM

Mona, very pretty barn quilt!! Central Mo has so many of them around the counties that they took a picture of all the barn quilt barns and made a booklet showing people where they can go to see them all. I love the r/w/b in yours!!
Old 08-16-2018, 06:32 AM

Default Boom Biz - shipping window

Reminder for those of you who are finished with all your blocks and want to ship early: I'll be home this coming Monday through August 31. If you ship this weekend (or even Friday if coming from several states away) the packages won't begin arriving until Monday. Please arrange for them to arrive on or before August 31 as I'll be heading out of town again later that day. All blocks are due on September 22 so we'll have another shipping window open a bit into September until the due date. If you do ship, please let me know and send me the tracking number by mail. Please don't post tracking info here. Thanks!
Old 08-16-2018, 08:51 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
Had a very bad pedi/ mani this week, the gal cut me in several places and was just plain to aggressive. My toes and finger tips are so sore. Not a happy camper.
Yikes! I believe I'd be on the phone to the owner or at least manager of that business and let them know. That lady needs more training!

I'll be attempting some diaper making very soon. I have the PUL (waterproof) fabric for the outer part, and then the inside has the absorbant stuff. Elastic legs, velcro sides... super cute! My daughter wants to do cloth diapering, DIL does not. That's fine... I'll only have to make diapers for one!